Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 05:36:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Regulation in Russia  (Read 1429 times)
Almir_Salimov (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:27:16 PM

Today (11.10.2017) it was announced that all mining activities and emission of cryptocurrencies will be regulated in Russia. What will be practical implications? We are planning to do an ICO via a company in Estonia, however, most of the team is based in Russia.
Vadi2323
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1231

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:47:51 PM

What will be practical implications?

You will loose all your money.
cleofila

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:02:13 PM

Recently V. Putin announced crypts currents should be under control of the government of Russia. I think it is impossible because of blockchains. Right? 
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:26:23 PM

I heard that russia is planning to ba cryptocurrency in russia so i think its impossible to regulate altcoin in russia like the above said if you are planning to invest you will just wasting and lose your money..
And i heard i think yesterday that russia are planning to block almost all resource of bitcoin i just heard or read from bitcoin news in google. .
Fireblade

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 11:32:59 PM

Today (11.10.2017) it was announced that all mining activities and emission of cryptocurrencies will be regulated in Russia. What will be practical implications? We are planning to do an ICO via a company in Estonia, however, most of the team is based in Russia.
I have heard that Russia is going to legalize bitcoin in the next year. If this news is right then it is also a positive sign for bitcoin success, because when big countries accept and regularize bitcoin as their legal currency then all the other counties will also accept, legalize and regularize bitcoin in their respective countries, and one day all the people around the world will accept and use bitcoin.
btc_angela

Activity: 2646
Merit: 549

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:50:53 AM

I have heard that Russia is going to legalize bitcoin in the next year. If this news is right then it is also a positive sign for bitcoin success, because when big countries accept and regularize bitcoin as their legal currency then all the other counties will also accept, legalize and regularize bitcoin in their respective countries, and one day all the people around the world will accept and use bitcoin.

They have plans to regulate bitcoin in 2018 but you have to open your eyes right now.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/putin-condemns-bitcoin-calls-for-russian-ban-of-digital-currencies

They suddenly turns cold and now against bitcoin and crypto. So I'm sure that the mining activities and other bitcoin related activities will be shutdown in the next coming months. So if I were you guys, you might have a problem putting a ICO via a company in Estonia. Because most of your team is based on Russia so I'm assuming that they might face issues their. Just a word of precaution.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Opquar

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:14:23 AM

It's going to be a lot harder to operate, and it's likely going to be a little harder to earn profits. I expect a lot of permits to come into play along with some taxation. It doesn't look like Russia welcomes Bitcoin too much, so we should be glad they are not declaring it illegal.
savushkinTA

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:42:30 PM

After a meeting last Tuesday among Russian President Vladimir Putin with the Central Bank of Russia, he said that the Central Bank should avoid making hasty 'ban' decisions about digital currencies.

He also said that the government will work together with Vitalik Buterin and the Ethereum platform to improve the government's system.

Now, authorities say that bitcoin and other digital currencies will be legally regulated from exchange to mining.

"We have agreed on the following: the state should regulate the process of issuing cryptocurrencies, the process of mining, the process of circulation…The state should head this situation and regulate it legally." -Anton Siluanov, Finance Minister of Russia.
Kronos21

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:53:45 PM

What's the difference what country you will be? If you don't withdraw the bitcoins to Bank account in Russia you will not have problems with the law. But this applies only to democratic countries. We all know that Russia is not so. The safest way of working in Russia is to hide equipment in the forest where there is electricity. Russia has a lot of deserted places and abandoned villages.
SixOfFive

Activity: 630
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 02:47:31 PM

BTC Regulation means that It should not be used for illegal activity like Money laundering, Buying illegal items like drugs, weapons etc. Moreover, Tax should be paid honestly on BTC income/profits. Lets see what steps govt. take to ensure these regulations.
ftoole

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 03:18:25 PM

It is necessary in advance now to buy a dedicated vpn and learn to use the onion browser, then not to think, and what to do now
Jovovich

Activity: 316
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 03:30:31 PM

Well that is just expected for me because I think Vitalyk of ethereum is from russia right? So maybe they are trying to innovate his blockchain? In their own economy? Because it said cryptocurrency and not especifically bitcoin. From what i know it is one of the most blockchain platform. Although it is a bit low in the exchange in dollars, it is starting to be recognize by the altcoin that we're made in its platform.
SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:39:23 PM

What will be practical implications?

You will loose all your money.
You will not loose all of your money, just the part of your team which is based in Russia will have to pay the necessary taxes from their crypto earnings and that's it.
Russia announced that everything is going to be regulated, but the president should sign the law about the regulation of crypto currencies on the territory of Russia. If he signs it the law will start to work, till it wasn't happen you are free to do whatever you wish.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:14:00 PM

I have completely lost interest in anything Russia has to say about crypto. Not one threat has been carried out. The few positive noises haven't been acted on either.

When they actually put something into law then perhaps we'll begin to get a coherent picture. Until then it's one tedious little dog barking to no effect.
zakalwe

Activity: 445
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:48:58 PM

What's the difference what country you will be? If you don't withdraw the bitcoins to Bank account in Russia you will not have problems with the law. But this applies only to democratic countries. We all know that Russia is not so. The safest way of working in Russia is to hide equipment in the forest where there is electricity. Russia has a lot of deserted places and abandoned villages.
How are you going to get electricity in forest or other deserted place? And even if there is electrical network, as soon as you will start mining and your power consumption will be strangely high, the officials will visit you and give you fine or maybe even take your equipment because you were mining secretly.
Nameless27

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:28:30 AM

Articles vs articles, bad news vs good news. It was always been like this and i feel its a childish play from whales and investors who wanted to used this news as a basis for future earning. Uncertainty on investments is the game they’ve always playing, same as China and South Korea fud’s.

Who to trust when everything is contradicting everyone, so I’ll just stake to what normal bitcoin investors would do ignore and don’t panic. Russia is and always be a supporter of cryptocurrency and that’s the truth I should believe.
Immakillya

Activity: 560
Merit: 269

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 06:34:06 AM

Recently V. Putin announced crypts currents should be under control of the government of Russia. I think it is impossible because of blockchains. Right?  
Yes they cannot regulate cryptocurrency because they can't access the blockchain. But it doesn't mean they can't regulate it. Actually they don't have to control the blockchain directly. Exchange alone can solve the problem on regulating cryptocurrency. This is where transactions are being made. They just need to regulate all exchanges there to control all transactions and it's users. They have to implement AML/KYC. That way, they are able to identify users who do laundering money and other shady things users do. Some countries are doing this. Japan for example. They are giving licence to their local cryptocurrency exchange. So exchange there are operating freely. But they are complied with the standards of the government. Russia can also evaluates all miners there and give them license.
pri3oner

Activity: 504

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:47:21 PM

I suppose that official Russian coins will be used only by government department cos citizens won't be able to have extra profit instead of "high society". They will "control" coins for their own profit, they won't worry about people at all. I sure about that cos Russian miners have got skills on it and they are smart enough to be fvckd up by "Russian Federation Coin". IMHO.

███████████   ███   ████     Ever wish you could turn back time to when BTC was $1?     ████   ███   ███████████
B I T G E S E L L          Decentralized Cryptocurrency
██               ████████     •    Telegram    •    Twitter    •    Discord    •    Thread    •     ████████               ██
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 04:17:13 AM

I think that regulations are already big part of the present realities that cryptocurrency people have to dealt with. Now, what are the basis for regulating...is it to kill the industry or to make the industry follow the right laws and procedures? Now, if the purpose is just to gradually make the environment not feasible anymore then the government might as well declare a big ban rather than make the pain slowly come down.

There have been mixed signals coming from the government authorities in Russia and even from Putin himself. Maybe they could not yet finally decide on what to do with cryptocurrency and for now they think that the best thing to do is to come with their own state-backed and controlled cryptocurrency. I am still hoping that Putin and his cohorts will realize that Bitcoin can be of big help to them and that many Russians are now involved in cryptocurrency...banning it in Russia can mean that those who are really in cryptocurrency would be transferring their base somewhere.
roddy5

Activity: 220

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:35:07 PM

I think that regulations are already big part of the present realities that cryptocurrency people have to dealt with. Now, what are the basis for regulating...is it to kill the industry or to make the industry follow the right laws and procedures? Now, if the purpose is just to gradually make the environment not feasible anymore then the government might as well declare a big ban rather than make the pain slowly come down.

There have been mixed signals coming from the government authorities in Russia and even from Putin himself. Maybe they could not yet finally decide on what to do with cryptocurrency and for now they think that the best thing to do is to come with their own state-backed and controlled cryptocurrency. I am still hoping that Putin and his cohorts will realize that Bitcoin can be of big help to them and that many Russians are now involved in cryptocurrency...banning it in Russia can mean that those who are really in cryptocurrency would be transferring their base somewhere.

Regulating crypto currency will always have two implications

Is it made to destabilize crypto currency because they think that it will effect their economy or being it is somehow
a shady trade which on the first place should just be a complete ban on it. Or
It is made because they see it's potential and just wand to take a hold of most of the supply available and release it on the perfect time.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: