Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:10:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wyvern - Autonomously Governed Decentralized Digital Asset Exchange  (Read 7986 times)
protinam (OP)

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 10:27:04 PM

Will Wyvern be switching to a new algorithm? Or are the contracts on the Ethereum blockchain going to be separate from the current Nist5 mining algorithm?

Once an ERC20 token, Wyvern will no longer be mined directly, as its chain security will be provided by Ethereum.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:48:22 PM

Will Wyvern be switching to a new algorithm? Or are the contracts on the Ethereum blockchain going to be separate from the current Nist5 mining algorithm?

Once an ERC20 token, Wyvern will no longer be mined directly, as its chain security will be provided by Ethereum.

Is there any information as to what will happen with current Wyvern coins? Will there be a swap, and if so, at what ratio? Thanks!

Nevermind, I found the information.... I think I had a brain freeze reading through the last page or so of posts the first time. :p
protinam (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 11:08:00 PM

Is there any information as to what will happen with current Wyvern coins? Will there be a swap, and if so, at what ratio? Thanks!

Nevermind, I found the information.... I think I had a brain freeze reading through the last page or so of posts the first time. :p

No worries; let me know if anything is unclear. We're currently working with auditors to make sure the token port process is secure; it will likely take place in a week or two.
wojteks102

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:05:32 AM
Last edit: December 14, 2017, 10:41:10 PM by wojteks102

14/12/2017

100+ people like our fanpage
Link here: https://www.facebook.com/Project-Wyvern-1499344013478963/
Right now: 106 likes.

Wyvern on coinmarketcap updated
Twitter account and WYV image updated

Official Wyvern twitter supported
All Wyvern tweets are supported by my personal twitter account (right now 11758 followers)

Some plans
I have got some plans how to make Wyvern more recognizable (still thinking about that - after all will be talking with devs)

My private announcement
If I'm going to make a project around esports/gaming Wyvern is going to be included in it in some way.

Date: 28.10.2017 - started my work on the Project Wyvern:
Date 14.12.2017:

>Be patient there will be another round of a small buy-back program - Ethereum network is just too hot right now.
protinam (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 09:04:09 AM

Check out the prototype UI for the Wyvern DAO, running on Ethereum's Kovan testnet: https://dao.projectwyvern.com.
mony68

Activity: 149

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 01:19:33 PM

protinam Why do you want to bury Wyvern? You just recently brought him back to life. Ambition? After the swap, coins die. I do not know of one successful example when the coins acquired a second life.
In such cases, this project will die a second time. Soon you will see how the exchange reacts. While there is interest of miners, she is alive. What will you do on the ERC20 exchange? There and so full of tokens. There will be one more dead token.
antropogen0009

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 01:21:09 PM

very promising project. Where can I buy some tokens?
protinam (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 08:55:31 PM

protinam Why do you want to bury Wyvern? You just recently brought him back to life. Ambition? After the swap, coins die. I do not know of one successful example when the coins acquired a second life.
In such cases, this project will die a second time. Soon you will see how the exchange reacts. While there is interest of miners, she is alive. What will you do on the ERC20 exchange? There and so full of tokens. There will be one more dead token.

Wyvern is being ported to an ERC20 token so that we can realize (we hope) the potential of the Wyvern Exchange, which we think might work well as a DApp.

I'm sure the token markets will thin out over time; we should focus on providing a real use case with unique utility.
protinam (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 09:02:21 PM

very promising project. Where can I buy some tokens?

The ERC20 port will take place in a week or two; we've contracted auditors to vet the Solidity code (https://github.com/projectwyvern/wyvern-ethereum) and make sure it's bug-free. After that, you'll be able to trade WYV on Etherdelta and whichever other ERC20 exchanges decide to support it.
mony68

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:16:16 PM

Old Wyvern will remain or disappear? There will be no support and the auction will stop? Or will he live separately from the token? Give please the answer. Maybe the miners are wasting their time.
protinam (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 09:25:09 PM

Old Wyvern will remain or disappear? There will be no support and the auction will stop? Or will he live separately from the token? Give please the answer. Maybe the miners are wasting their time.

The existing Wyvern blockchain will stop when we port the ledger balances to an ERC20 token and no longer be supported by the development team - so if you hold Wyvern now, you'll receive tokens proportional to the amount that you hold. Of course, I can't stop anyone from continuing to mine the existing chain if they wish, but we're focusing our efforts on the Wyvern Exchange.

What auction are you referring to?
Miner2525

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:22:16 AM

Wyvern is being ported to an ERC20 token so that we can realize (we hope) the potential of the Wyvern Exchange, which we think might work well as a DApp.

I'm sure the token markets will thin out over time; we should focus on providing a real use case with unique utility.

Except you're not a major player like GameCredits or Enjin.  What is going to be the Unique Selling Proposition to induce people to deal with the hassles of a Mom and Pop token?
protinam (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 12:25:17 AM

Except you're not a major player like GameCredits or Enjin.  What is going to be the Unique Selling Proposition to induce people to deal with the hassles of a Mom and Pop token?

They won't have to. The Wyvern Exchange will support payment in any token (chosen by the seller); a small fee will be paid back to the Wyvern DAO (controlled by Wyvern tokenholders), to be reinvested back into protocol development or paid out as dividends; whatever the DAO elects to do.

Fees in WYV may be introduced for certain actions on the exchange (e.g. bidding on an item) to prevent spam, but that can be easily abstracted away from the end user with something like 0x Connect.
mony68

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:49:51 AM

The existing Wyvern blockchain will stop when we port the ledger balances to an ERC20 token and no longer be supported by the development team - so if you hold Wyvern now, you'll receive tokens proportional to the amount that you hold. Of course, I can't stop anyone from continuing to mine the existing chain if they wish, but we're focusing our efforts on the Wyvern Exchange.

What auction are you referring to?
I spoke about the exchange of coinexchange.
I correctly understood that Old Wyvern will continue to exist?
Then we'll see who will feel better than the old or the new. But I can argue that the old Wyvern.
protinam (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 11:16:02 AM

I spoke about the exchange of coinexchange.
I correctly understood that Old Wyvern will continue to exist?
Then we'll see who will feel better than the old or the new. But I can argue that the old Wyvern.

A snapshot will be taken of the blockchain state in order to port Wyvern to an ERC20 token. Old Wyvern will not be supported by the current development team, and I don't know of anyone intending to support it. I'll probably ask Coinexchange to halt trading so that people don't get confused.

Is there something in particular you're concerned about?
protinam (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 04:41:44 AM

We've written up our motivations and the present plan for the Exchange in a whitepaper - check out the working draft at https://github.com/ProjectWyvern/wyvern-protocol/blob/master/build/whitepaper.pdf and let us know what you think.
mony68

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:02:49 PM

A snapshot will be taken of the blockchain state in order to port Wyvern to an ERC20 token. Old Wyvern will not be supported by the current development team, and I don't know of anyone intending to support it. I'll probably ask Coinexchange to halt trading so that people don't get confused.

Is there something in particular you're concerned about?
Before closing the trade on Coinexchange, you must warn everyone who extracts this coin. How will you do this? Not everyone reads this topic.
There are many coins that exist side by side after the so-called Swap.
I finally understood what you wanted. You want to create your own coin. And for simplicity, you decided to use a well-known brand. Alas, you are not the first. Not all have achieved success. Some coins turned into candy wrappers.
protinam (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 01:35:05 PM

Before closing the trade on Coinexchange, you must warn everyone who extracts this coin. How will you do this? Not everyone reads this topic.
I finally understood what you wanted. You want to create your own coin. And for simplicity, you decided to use a well-known brand. Alas, you are not the first. Not all have achieved success. Some coins turned into candy wrappers.

That's why we're keeping everyone updated across social media - but if you have other ideas, let me know.

No, the intent is precisely not to create another coin; I'm interested in developing the original exchange concept as a DApp. Did you have a chance to read the whitepaper?
wojteks102

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:30:46 PM

Please, remember that there was a voting about moving or not Wyvern into ERC 20 token.
Not all have achieved success because that how life looks like.
protinam (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 08:24:16 PM

Weekly development update (the first of the series): https://medium.com/project-wyvern/wyvern-weekly-dev-update-18-12-17-d1048c0a513e.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: