Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:37:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wyvern - Autonomously Governed Decentralized Digital Asset Exchange  (Read 7986 times)
primeval

Activity: 213
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 07:34:00 AM

Weekly updates are a great idea. Keeps the community up to date, at just the right frequency. Might I suggest Steemit for the blog?

For everyone that's holding WYV on Coinexchange - what do you suggest would be the best way? Transfer tokens to the current Wyvern wallet and wait till snapshot?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
protinam (OP)

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 08:29:35 AM

Weekly updates are a great idea. Keeps the community up to date, at just the right frequency. Might I suggest Steemit for the blog?

For everyone that's holding WYV on Coinexchange - what do you suggest would be the best way? Transfer tokens to the current Wyvern wallet and wait till snapshot?

Does Steemit have particular advantages? Medium is easy to use and looks quite nice, but I'm open to options.

Yup, I'd suggest anyone holding WYV on Coinexchange withdraw it - we'll let you know in advance of the hard deadline for the balance snapshot, but if you want to withdraw now and forget about it you'll be set for the token port.
wojteks102

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:08:40 AM

19/12/2017

Successful small buy-back program #2
Yesterday a total of 116.91951315 WYV was purchased from people on coinexchange.io

Total stored coins right now: 1378.11106298 WYV

NOTE: This is my personal WYV, not whole team funds.

More and more people like our fanpage
Link here: https://www.facebook.com/Project-Wyvern-1499344013478963/
Right now: 121 likes

Official Wyvern twitter supported
I think that's normal but want to inform that all Wyvern tweets are supported by my personal twitter account (right now 12525 followers)

14/12/2017 update: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2258319.msg26301401#msg26301401
primeval

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 04:21:44 PM

Does Steemit have particular advantages? Medium is easy to use and looks quite nice, but I'm open to options.

Yup, I'd suggest anyone holding WYV on Coinexchange withdraw it - we'll let you know in advance of the hard deadline for the balance snapshot, but if you want to withdraw now and forget about it you'll be set for the token port.
Alright, will do that. However, someone from the team should get in touch with Coinexchange and organize a coin swap. It is really bad for PR to do a coinswap without an official solution on the exchange. Yeah, I know it's trader ignorance that'll catch out some people, but nevertheless, it's bad news.

As for Steemit, well, it's social network on a blockchain, so to keep up the blockchain theme Smiley I know there are lots of crypto traders and enthusiasts on Steem, so seems like a good place to run an official blog.
mony68

Activity: 149

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 07:37:25 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2017, 08:14:49 PM by mony68

Before closing the trade on Coinexchange, you must warn everyone who extracts this coin. How will you do this? Not everyone reads this topic.
There are many coins that exist side by side after the so-called Swap.
I finally understood what you wanted. You want to create your own coin. And for simplicity, you decided to use a well-known brand. Alas, you are not the first. Not all have achieved success. Some coins turned into candy wrappers.

That's why we're keeping everyone updated across social media - but if you have other ideas, let me know.

No, the intent is precisely not to create another coin; I'm interested in developing the original exchange concept as a DApp. Did you have a chance to read the whitepaper?
I'm not on your team so you listen to my advice. But I can throw a good idea.
For a swap at Coinexchange you will have to pay 1 BTC. For a new exchange, you also have to pay something. It's easier to leave old Wyvern as is, hold a manual swap and call a token, say Wyvern Game, Gold. Miners will continue to mine, and you will start the game from a new page.

By the way, then you can compare which project is more successful.
protinam (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 10:55:20 PM

I'm not on your team so you listen to my advice. But I can throw a good idea.
For a swap at Coinexchange you will have to pay 1 BTC. For a new exchange, you also have to pay something. It's easier to leave old Wyvern as is, hold a manual swap and call a token, say Wyvern Game, Gold. Miners will continue to mine, and you will start the game from a new page.

By the way, then you can compare which project is more successful.

This isn't like a coinswap; present Wyvern UTXOs will be directly redeemable for ERC20 tokens on the Ethereum chain; the smart contract handles the verification logic (https://github.com/ProjectWyvern/wyvern-ethereum/blob/master/contracts/token/UTXORedeemableToken.sol).

I'll get in touch with Coinexchange when we set a hard date for the token port.
Turk Ace

Activity: 360
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 11:42:27 PM

Before closing the trade on Coinexchange, you must warn everyone who extracts this coin. How will you do this? Not everyone reads this topic.
There are many coins that exist side by side after the so-called Swap.
I finally understood what you wanted. You want to create your own coin. And for simplicity, you decided to use a well-known brand. Alas, you are not the first. Not all have achieved success. Some coins turned into candy wrappers.
Please, remember that there was a voting about moving or not Wyvern into ERC 20 token.
Not all have achieved success because that how life looks like.

I think it should better to just leave it. It works well and is a good and stable coins with bides and miners. It has survived and will survive. Instead if making it a token they should focus on using it for what it was meant for and that is gaming. Making it a token changes nothing. How will you mine a token even? I like it as possible and it's profitable to mine someone's better then Eth. One of the fee good nist5 coins making it a token will kill it.
Miner2525

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 12:27:21 AM

We've written up our motivations and the present plan for the Exchange in a whitepaper - check out the working draft at https://github.com/ProjectWyvern/wyvern-protocol/blob/master/build/whitepaper.pdf and let us know what you think.

I like it.  Seems well reasoned.
protinam (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 08:52:48 PM

Weekly update will come on Tuesday instead of tomorrow due to the holiday.
primeval

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:55:23 PM

Look forward to it. Eagerly awaiting the snapshot.
protinam (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 08:22:39 PM

Weekly development update: https://medium.com/project-wyvern/wyvern-weekly-dev-update-26-12-17-aa49469548c0
protinam (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 08:27:27 PM

And in case you don't have a chance to read the update: the token port snapshot will happen at block 315000 (in about a week and a half). That means you need to withdraw your Wyvern from any exchanges prior to block 315000.

Follow the countdown at port.projectwyvern.com.
mony68

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 07:40:37 PM

I did not understand:
1. Will the swap be held without the support of Coinexchange?
2. What will happen to Wyvern who will remain at Coinexchange?
3. How do you intend to warn miners?
You never answered these questions directly when I asked.
protinam (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 09:07:15 PM

I did not understand:

1. I do not know yet. I have contacted CoinExchange but have yet to receive a reply. I'll let you know when I do.
2. That depends on the answer to #1. In either case I suggest anyone holding WYV on CoinExchange withdraw it to a personal wallet prior to the snapshot.
3. By posting across social media and noting a warning on the explorer - https://chainz.cryptoid.info/wyv/ - open to any additional suggestions you have.

Does that answer your questions?
primeval

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:14:53 AM

Sounds good! I'll be ready for the fork soon.

Hope Coinexchange plays ball, and also, the mining pools.
mony68

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:13:28 AM

I did not understand:

1. I do not know yet. I have contacted CoinExchange but have yet to receive a reply. I'll let you know when I do.
2. That depends on the answer to #1. In either case I suggest anyone holding WYV on CoinExchange withdraw it to a personal wallet prior to the snapshot.
3. By posting across social media and noting a warning on the explorer - https://chainz.cryptoid.info/wyv/ - open to any additional suggestions you have.

Does that answer your questions?
The best social network is the red inscription on CoinExchange. Where will it be written: Delisting, withdraw your coins before ...
Then no claims to you will not. Otherwise, you will be accused of cheating. There will be a snapshot of the wallet, and on the exchange will remain 122511.23123934 WYV. This is 7% of all coins plus those people who do not want a swap and are ready to sell them. What do you tell people?
You have very little time left. Hurry up.
protinam (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 07:36:14 AM

The best social network is the red inscription on CoinExchange. Where will it be written: Delisting, withdraw your coins before ...
Then no claims to you will not. Otherwise, you will be accused of cheating. There will be a snapshot of the wallet, and on the exchange will remain 122511.23123934 WYV. This is 7% of all coins plus those people who do not want a swap and are ready to sell them. What do you tell people?

I've already submitted a support ticket through CoinExchange's online platform - if you know of faster ways to get in touch with them, I'm all ears.
mony68

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:23:16 AM

I've already submitted a support ticket through CoinExchange's online platform - if you know of faster ways to get in touch with them, I'm all ears.
It was necessary first to obtain the consent of CoinExchange, and then declare the block 315 000. You did the opposite. This is money, there is no need for haste here.
Approximately on January 7 there will be a snapshot of the wallet. Do you think CoinExchange will do something during the holidays?
Bad start. There will be many questions.
lexusin

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:18:01 AM

WyVern - is a great team, project, support, website and community! Wink Grin
protinam (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 01:23:54 AM

Wyvern Exchange whitepaper updated with latest protocol plans - https://github.com/ProjectWyvern/wyvern-protocol/blob/master/build/whitepaper.pdf (see section 4.3).

About 6000 blocks left until the ERC20 token port - track the countdown at port.projectwyvern.com. Make sure to move your Wyvern to a wallet you control before block 315000!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: