Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:56:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the best way to quit gambling and start trading??  (Read 2826 times)
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:06:58 AM

In the past i also is like that, I know if trading is the best and safest way to double the money, but the knowledge I have about trading is still very minimal, so I decided to continue to gamble. But after I was frustrated because it had swallowed a lot of losses, and then in slowly I can reduce my efforts to gamble and start trading also with slowly as well. Now I'm not dependent on gambling, I can trade patiently to get a good profit.
It is good to know that you at least consider trading a better option than gambling and this is the reality also.A trader can make good profits by using his skills and improving it with time while a gambler has no such option. Trading is a lot better field than gambling.

It is not very difficult also. If you will try out this with small amount, you will grasp the idea very quickly. It is all about patience and making right decision at right time.

Yeah,trading is the better option because we can earn money in trading using our skills but in gambling only luck decide win and loss.So its better to understand that gambling is not a way to earn money.So you can start trading with the investment,initially try to do small trades with small profits once you become an expert then you can enjoy more profits.But being a succesful trader need good skills so you need to improve your skills for more successful in the trading sector.

Well that's not going to be easy especially for people who enjoy gambling. Trading may prove to be a bit boring and doesn't attract that much interest unless you're already into it. The transition betweem gambling to trading would be the hardest part of it. If a person can successfully transfer interest between gambling to trading, then good for him
If you enjoy gambling then probably you won't quit it. Maybe add trading as one of your assets to bring you more possible income if you have made the right decisions and right strategies. I hope that he or she could balance it. With the right amount of gambling and trading side by side.
If anyone actually enjoys gambling then he would probably not think about giving up so soon even after repeated losses. trading is much better option in my opinion if it comes to earning money because the risk of loss is less and the situation can be improved with hard work and a bit time. Where has in gambling both skills and experience to not matter at all.

The best way indeed to quit gambling for  trading is to  continue with both of them at first and when you  feel yourself easy with the  trading line then giving up on gambling actually becomes easy  task.
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:31:23 PM

Gambling gives you quick money which is never possible with trading so even after making regular loss in gambling even if you manage to win one big game then you will never quit gambling and continue with it as it will give you quick results which may never possible with trading as you need to wait longer to make profits from trading.
you are right trading is a really long process and really slow also but you get a sort of assurity that you might get profit in future when markets expand unlike gambling there is no way of predicting what will happen in the future
I think a fickle minded people can follow this method. they will not stick for one decision, suppose if they lost money in gambling they would try trading, and in trading also they do not make a profit in short time again they shift to gambling. Some people mindset is not stable but who knows the value of the money and they lost money in gambling and switch to trading definitely they will wait for a long time to get back there money.
trading is surely not like gambling you can't always expect to make profit you will surely get a loss when you start trading but you will always learn whenever you get any loss if you don't gain any experience that means you are not trading sincerely
Manchumichael

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:02:38 PM

Gambling gives you quick money which is never possible with trading so even after making regular loss in gambling even if you manage to win one big game then you will never quit gambling and continue with it as it will give you quick results which may never possible with trading as you need to wait longer to make profits from trading.
you are right trading is a really long process and really slow also but you get a sort of assurity that you might get profit in future when markets expand unlike gambling there is no way of predicting what will happen in the future
I think a fickle minded people can follow this method. they will not stick for one decision, suppose if they lost money in gambling they would try trading, and in trading also they do not make a profit in short time again they shift to gambling. Some people mindset is not stable but who knows the value of the money and they lost money in gambling and switch to trading definitely they will wait for a long time to get back there money.
trading is surely not like gambling you can't always expect to make profit you will surely get a loss when you start trading but you will always learn whenever you get any loss if you don't gain any experience that means you are not trading sincerely
Yes trading required more experience, without having exp we can't make any profit here. initial stage everyone will get a loss this is common but you will learn many things.
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1132

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:22:31 PM

Yes trading required more experience, without having exp we can't make any profit here. initial stage everyone will get a loss this is common but you will learn many things.
Its just a common thing for us to lose because we do really commit mistakes while we are still a newbie losing up money is normal but we should really learn on those mistakes and strive to lessen the loses as the days passed by. If you are really serious on quitting gambling for in exchange of trading it would be possible and really depend on how serious and disciplined you are.

fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 11:40:40 AM

the best way to quit gambling is not visiting the place or browsing to the sites and its better you stay away from any of device you use to connect internet and doing another activity before you can start new things. i think it will works if you have a friends that is beside you when you start new things so you don't thinking about playing gambling and then after you can calm down your minds from gambling, you can go to trading sites and register and start to trading. maybe this is not work but at least you can try to quit from gambling and start new habit.

I agree , the best way is to completely stay away from gambling and engage in other activities that are somewhat addicting too and i think with a psychologist you should be fine after making the concious effort to stay away from gambling.
Yep! Without the help of respective professional person, you are not going to get out of the spell of gambling. You need to realize first that you are gambling addict and afterwards discuss it with the person who is most close to you.

Tell your family about your problem and ask them to take you to psychiatrist or psychologist for proper treatment. With the moral support of your family, you can overcome this evil urge.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 02:00:33 PM

quitting on gambling is not easy, much more if already addicted on it. Maybe the best thing to do in order to lose interest in gambling and can have time to start trading is to find another pastimes and leisure to slowly forget gambling such as participating in bounty campaign and practice more on trading to acquire more skills and tactics to have profitable trading.
Quitting gambling just for the sake of a hectic method of earning that is trading is not an easy task at all.
If someone really finds gambling a real fun, then he might not give up on it soon because it is possible to win a bet or two on and off after some losses that help you to earn via this effortless and a shortcut way.
Trying luck again and again is just due to a positive hope that one day you would be able to win a jackpot or so therefore it is better not to quit all that is possible is to start trading at a lower scale along with gambling.
signup01

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 06:02:03 PM

it is true that tranding is not like gambling, because tranding is like a trade that can get results with its own advantages.
niall51

Activity: 533

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 06:50:27 PM

It is likely be better starting trading and leaving as trader. But remember, trading is not easy. we need an analysis how to be trader (Good choose coins + have a big change to change the world.)

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
wizmo

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:26:15 PM

As most of the gamblers think gambling is the easy way to multiply their money in short amount of time. But inside they all know that trading is the safest way to make profit but sometimes it takes some time. But still they all are gambling and making/loosing money.

So what's your reason to quit gambling and start trading?

I have learned my lesson that gambling can loose you some serious amount if you are addicted to it. I had lost many bitcoin in gambling but now I have been busy all day on my websites and it does makes me around $20/day so I would advise to start something that can bring you money everyday and you can enjoy it.

Trading is risky as well but it's still better than gambling. If you have some knowledge about crypto market then you can earn some nice amount everyday. Start with small amount then see how it goes. good luck
qwertyup23

Activity: 2254
Merit: 787

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:25:12 PM

As most of the gamblers think gambling is the easy way to multiply their money in short amount of time. But inside they all know that trading is the safest way to make profit but sometimes it takes some time. But still they all are gambling and making/loosing money.

I have learned my lesson that gambling can loose you some serious amount if you are addicted to it. I had lost many bitcoin in gambling but now I have been busy all day on my websites and it does makes me around $20/day so I would advise to start something that can bring you money everyday and you can enjoy it.

Trading is risky as well but it's still better than gambling. If you have some knowledge about crypto market then you can earn some nice amount everyday. Start with small amount then see how it goes. good luck

You are definitely right. Generally, people gamble because they think that it may yield them better results in a shorter period of time but at the end, they tend to regret their decision due to hanging their hope on the risks of betting. Here are some of my tips in order for you to quit gambling:

1. You cannot remove your addiction overnight. If you gamble like 4-5 times a week, then try reducing it to 1-2 times a week;
2. You need to establish your priorities and understand that gambling is not the best way of earning money;
3. Try recreational activities and replace your habit of gambling to another habit with your friends, etc.;
4. Start by investing your money and think for your long-term goals; and
5. Try sleeping early (this tremendously helped me!).

MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:12:26 AM

1. You cannot remove your addiction overnight. If you gamble like 4-5 times a week, then try reducing it to 1-2 times a week;

But I think that if you want to come out of this habit then there is no meaning of reducing it. Instead stop completely and try to keep yourself busy in other activities then only it is possible to stop gambling otherwise your mind still thinking about gambling. As long as your mind thinks about gambling you can't stop it so stop completely and stop thinking about it then you got a chance to go out of this habit.
nethan1btc

Activity: 574

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:26:34 AM

You are definitely right. Generally, people gamble because they think that it may yield them better results in a shorter period of time but at the end, they tend to regret their decision due to hanging their hope on the risks of betting. Here are some of my tips in order for you to quit gambling:

2. You need to establish your priorities and understand that gambling is not the best way of earning money;
3. Try recreational activities and replace your habit of gambling to another habit with your friends, etc.;
4. Start by investing your money and think for your long-term goals; and
5. Try sleeping early (this tremendously helped me!).

This tips you talk about are really can help for those people who get involved in gambling addiction and it will be effective and implement if all these you mentioned here, will apply for a man who's addict in gambling. But it is a hard thing being a gambler to easily quit in gambling much better to make a guidance to make totally changed and forget in gambling.
katarin2030

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:47:06 AM

Basically need a strong mind to quit the gambling, first need to stop about gambling concentrate on other areas like trade, investment etc
tmawheba

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:38:22 AM

Every habit starts with why not try or taste one time first time only you feel guilty or shy next time is it is repeat only and you use to it and addict to it. To come out from gambling you have to find another thing to divert your mind and concentration so few of my friends choose trading and they not succeed in trading also as it is also a some sort of gambling only. If you not having not enough knowledge better not to do it which is safe for you.

PokerFace3

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 04:12:47 PM

Without the help of respective professional person, you are not going to get out of the spell of gambling. You need to realize first that you are gambling addict and afterwards discuss it with the person who is most close to you.

Tell your family about your problem and ask them to take you to psychiatrist or psychologist for proper treatment. With the moral support of your family, you can overcome this evil urge.
Yes, it is difficult in the beginning to quit gambling and go for some other productive way of earning such as trading. Addiction is nothing but a psychological state that has to be molded in a manner so that it does not leads you to the same task again and again. The best way indeed is to state trading along with the gambling side by side.

But, let your focus be diverged towards the trading only and in the end , you will succeed in giving up on gambling because trading would help you earn much more .
FasTroy

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:59:30 PM

It is likely be better starting trading and leaving as trader. But remember, trading is not easy. we need an analysis how to be trader (Good choose coins + have a big change to change the world.)
Absolutly right! For people who think that trading is an easy domain to earn money, This is wrong, It's right that is not too risky like gambling, but if you want to increase your chance to make profit in trading, you should learn and gain some knowledge about atlcoins, then you can predict well, and you will earn a lot of money.

megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:03:14 AM

Absolutly right! For people who think that trading is an easy domain to earn money, This is wrong, It's right that is not too risky like gambling, but if you want to increase your chance to make profit in trading, you should learn and gain some knowledge about atlcoins, then you can predict well, and you will earn a lot of money.

Trading isn't an easy domain to venture especially after frustrations in gambling and so i will advice against quitting gambling to start trading but rather you can quit gambling and start something else that wouldn't be able to drain your pocket like gambling.
voztata

Activity: 998
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:21:57 AM

In the past i also is like that, I know if trading is the best and safest way to double the money, but the knowledge I have about trading is still very minimal, so I decided to continue to gamble. But after I was frustrated because it had swallowed a lot of losses, and then in slowly I can reduce my efforts to gamble and start trading also with slowly as well. Now I'm not dependent on gambling, I can trade patiently to get a good profit.
It is good to know that you at least consider trading a better option than gambling and this is the reality also.A trader can make good profits by using his skills and improving it with time while a gambler has no such option. Trading is a lot better field than gambling.

It is not very difficult also. If you will try out this with small amount, you will grasp the idea very quickly. It is all about patience and making right decision at right time.

Yeah,trading is the better option because we can earn money in trading using our skills but in gambling only luck decide win and loss.So its better to understand that gambling is not a way to earn money.So you can start trading with the investment,initially try to do small trades with small profits once you become an expert then you can enjoy more profits.But being a succesful trader need good skills so you need to improve your skills for more successful in the trading sector.

Well that's not going to be easy especially for people who enjoy gambling. Trading may prove to be a bit boring and doesn't attract that much interest unless you're already into it. The transition betweem gambling to trading would be the hardest part of it. If a person can successfully transfer interest between gambling to trading, then good for him
If you enjoy gambling then probably you won't quit it. Maybe add trading as one of your assets to bring you more possible income if you have made the right decisions and right strategies. I hope that he or she could balance it. With the right amount of gambling and trading side by side.
You're  idea is great, but in my suggestion, it is difficult to one person to quit in gambling even this person is so addicted on it. And gambling is popular to all gambler.  To quit in gambling is a good things that should have to a person or gambler having so many losses in terms of money. And it is better to make decision for those people who are addicted in gambling, and by helping themselves to forget or to avoid in gambling is a good way to quit in gambling. So for now, it is better to think on how we earn money like in trading. If one person are trying to trade than to gamble he or she was possible to earned a money unlike in gambling some money will have lost. Finally, it will also depend on person, in what decision they going to made for make there life better.
Addiction in gambling compel people to continue gambling if even he is losing money. He always argued that he has the potential to make money from gambling, therefore he continue to play gambling again and again. So it becomes more difficult to quit gambling for such person even if he struggle a lot still he tend to continue gambling.
barbara44

Activity: 2422
Merit: 605

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:00:43 AM

The best way is to stay away from this gambling few days and try to learn about crypto trading. And invest a small amount in any altcoin you can keep on the check that coin status and read the white papers of other well reputed coins it will kill your free time like this you can able to stop your gambling. I am not sure it will work out or not, but for me, it worked. Before I was an addicted gambler, but now I play just for my fun.
If a person is addicted to gambling and even if he stay away from gambling for years, but when he find favourable condition he will certainly tray to play again. Although make yourself busy in some other profitable business can help you to stay away from gambling, but still it cannot guaranty that you will permanently stop playing gambling.

poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:33:21 AM

No never quit in gambling even you made mistakes because its the cycle.I think gambling is for luck person only and no fear to risk money.Me i play gambling here in bitcoin like poker,primedice or etc. but i play for fun only not for profit i experience win sometimes but more on lose.I keep playing even i lose because i want to experience any kind of gambling and i believe in the future i will be an expert here and i will always win
if you think you can control yourself to not become an addict and just gamble for the sake you are looking for the extremely rare luck to win big with wagering money that you can afford to lose then i think there's no harm to continue gamble and switch it to a business like trading where a lot of people agree it has lower risk and promising future investment. just think like that.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: