Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:56:31 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The higher the rise, the bigger the plunge (btc vs alts)  (Read 1316 times)
MiBambino (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:53:16 PM

With Bitcoin rising so fast and the alts losing so much due to a number of factors (bitcoingold and upcoming segwitx2, among others), I can't help but wonder WHEN it'll all come crashing back down. Obviously the alts are in a perfect accumulation state (already doubled my holdings of most alts including SONM), so I'm really not too worried about it, but this is a rise that cannot sustain itself.

My guess is by the end of october bitcoin will have dropped back from 6K to about 4.5K, which means about 20-25 billion dollars will flow out of the market, and some will flow right back into the cheap yet durable alts like NEO, SONM, ETH, LTC, ...

What do you guys think?

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
 ██                                            ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
nhote

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:59:53 PM

i mentioned in another post (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2215533.msg22349089#msg22349089) that we'd see BTC approaching 6,000$ by mid october - apparently i wasn't so wrong. but i agree that there'll be major pullbacks. BTG is a joke fork with light atmosphere around it and people just seeing the opportunity for free money. Segwitx2 is wholly different. it is highly contentious and will probably bring lots of FUD. i expect BTC to drop more dramatically than 4,500$ before that, perhaps even back down to 3,000$. i think only part of the money will stay with solid alts. most of it will probably go in tether and especially fiat. however, IF the fork will be successful and the community will manage to consensually handle its aftermath, then we may really have Lambo times ahead for our alts - something like last spring, i would hope. but it remains a very big IF atm.

...we all know that making any predictions in crypto is a bit like trying to see the future through astrology, but this is where i stand now...
777asianinvasian

Activity: 154

🌟 MIRA ICO 🌟

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:50:08 PM

For the sake of my current bags I sure hop so  Cheesy. I am mainly in altcoins right now and my portfolio is not looking hot. I think your assesment is quite accurate though because this mooning of btc is due to

the forking. And once the forking is over and people sell their bitcoingold everything should go back to normals!

BMG86

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:11:36 PM

Bitcoin will reach $6000 to $7000 by time the 2nd fork starts in November. I don't see altcoins rising back before then.
MiBambino (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:18:08 PM

Bitcoin will reach $6000 to $7000 by time the 2nd fork starts in November. I don't see altcoins rising back before then.

Could be, I'm actually hoping it'll take a little longer before the alts go back up, I get paid in the beginning of november so if they stay down until then I can pick me up a few more good alts lol

imusify
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

Explainer
Video
nhote

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:33:20 PM

i mentioned in another post (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2215533.msg22349089#msg22349089) that we'd see BTC approaching 6,000$ by mid october - apparently i wasn't so wrong. but i agree that there'll be major pullbacks. BTG is a joke fork with light atmosphere around it and people just seeing the opportunity for free money. Segwitx2 is wholly different. it is highly contentious and will probably bring lots of FUD. i expect BTC to drop more dramatically than 4,500$ before that, perhaps even back down to 3,000$. i think only part of the money will stay with solid alts. most of it will probably go in tether and especially fiat. however, IF the fork will be successful and the community will manage to consensually handle its aftermath, then we may really have Lambo times ahead for our alts - something like last spring, i would hope. but it remains a very big IF atm.

...we all know that making any predictions in crypto is a bit like trying to see the future through astrology, but this is where i stand now...

I agree 100%

thanks. i've also come across some of your other posts advocating first NEO and now SNM, and it really seems that we share quite a few opinions on crypto Wink
phr0stbyt3

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:33:59 PM

This is temporary mate very few coins have been able to maintain there price and money will be removed but trading will also happen simultaneously people are now only selling so maintaining the price is really hard. If you are not interested in the new coin just buy altcoins who's price according to you is low
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2898
Merit: 773

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:42:26 PM

With Bitcoin rising so fast and the alts losing so much due to a number of factors (bitcoingold and upcoming segwitx2, among others), I can't help but wonder WHEN it'll all come crashing back down. Obviously the alts are in a perfect accumulation state (already doubled my holdings of most alts including SONM), so I'm really not too worried about it, but this is a rise that cannot sustain itself.

My guess is by the end of october bitcoin will have dropped back from 6K to about 4.5K, which means about 20-25 billion dollars will flow out of the market, and some will flow right back into the cheap yet durable alts like NEO, SONM, ETH, LTC, ...

What do you guys think?
This is a normal thing indeed but i cant think off that bitcoin would reach out $6k on this month either after or before the fork but well it do really have the possibility on reaching that range but i can still say that there would be a dip but rather a zig-zag way on the price thinking off that the fork is back to back which means prices would really be pulling either on the top or bottom. Just like that and as a wise investors or traders we should know how to ride on the waves.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:56:15 PM

What do you guys think?

It is a win win situation because the money entering BTC most of it will later flow back to Altcoins but the impatient attitude of most people resulted in these panic sale, I don't see BTC going back to $4000 if it break the $6000 barrier.

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
MiBambino (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:41:02 PM

I agree 100%

thanks. i've also come across some of your other posts advocating first NEO and now SNM, and it really seems that we share quite a few opinions on crypto Wink

Yeah I'm really active on this website, I'm actually making the transition to full time trader so the more threads I follow, the more I'm forced to learn, the better I'll trade. Happy trading friend!

imusify
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

Explainer
Video
MiBambino (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:41:35 PM

What do you guys think?

It is a win win situation because the money entering BTC most of it will later flow back to Altcoins but the impatient attitude of most people resulted in these panic sale, I don't see BTC going back to $4000 if it break the $6000 barrier.

True, and each day new people enter the market, whilst very, very few ever leave the market completely

imusify
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

Explainer
Video
MiBambino (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:42:03 PM

What do you guys think?
This is a normal thing indeed but i cant think off that bitcoin would reach out $6k on this month either after or before the fork but well it do really have the possibility on reaching that range but i can still say that there would be a dip but rather a zig-zag way on the price thinking off that the fork is back to back which means prices would really be pulling either on the top or bottom. Just like that and as a wise investors or traders we should know how to ride on the waves.

Buy the dips, accumulate, and hodl

imusify
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

Explainer
Video
MiBambino (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:42:44 PM

This is temporary mate very few coins have been able to maintain there price and money will be removed but trading will also happen simultaneously people are now only selling so maintaining the price is really hard. If you are not interested in the new coin just buy altcoins who's price according to you is low

Very true, I'm investing in Sonm right now and 2 ICO's called Change and Datum, we'll see how I'll fare with those

imusify
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

Explainer
Video
4hajs

Activity: 546
Merit: 105

Translation Service: English -> Polish

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 09:49:17 PM

Yes, I agree... We may see 2 months of the bear market on altcoins. This is so unfortunate but people are greedy, can't blame them right? We need to wait for like two months and we will see insane gainz on alts again! Just accumulate some alts. like neo, rpx they are good long term.

H O L D V E S T     ◥  Your universal gateway to the crypto markets
       Whitepaper     Facebook     Twitter       JOIN ICO > MAY 8th       Slack     Telegram     ANN Thread     
────────────────────────    T R Y   O U R   P L A T F O R M    ────────────────────────
jjdub7

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:59:53 PM

What do you guys think?

Today I decided to do a little slap with 35% of my BTC holdings with BTC-ALTs-BTC when bitcoin price fall again and ETH-LTC-DASH stays at the same level.

I think ETH is under-priced with this 300 range and BTC higher than 5300.

Hopefully this is the right decision...
kronos123

Activity: 1022
Merit: 391

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:12:06 PM

But I think Bitcoin has started a new upward cycle that will bring it well over $ 6,000; in my opinion, it will grow for this whole month of October and until mid-November, when the next segwit2x fork will approach.
I believe that in those days Bitcoin can do intraday tricks up to $ 8,000-9,000, then go down violently as you say, and maybe go to touch the old ATH at $ 5,000 that he just broke right now.

If you look even in the past, after the big growths, when bitcoin collapses it drops by at least 40%. The $ 8,000-9,000 range with a 40% drop just goes up to the $ 5,000 of the old ATH.

In any case, it will be an interesting month, and perhaps a blood bath for Alt  Grin
gedor

Activity: 658
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:22:02 PM

I think so as well. Bitcoin is just rising because of fork and therefore it will also decline after the fork but I think altcoins will pump hard. They most are very undervalued now.
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:30:35 PM

Agree. This recent rise to $5.3K is too fast. We went from flash crash $2.9K to $5.3K bull run within a month (15 Sept to 13 Oct). Like you said, there must be a correction coming soon before we going any higher. It almost felt like a bubble now.

About where all that money will go, I don't think it will pour into altcoin either Tongue All that money are too big for altcoin market right now. What kind of technology does altcoin have? There haven't many developments in the altcoin scene these recent months, probably because people are busy making all kinds of ICO.
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:41:14 PM

This is so true right now i am practically shopping altcoins and i am planning to accumulate more. Almost altcoins are on sale.
I am very  confident that altcoins will recover after the fork. To be honest Right now i am half hearted if i am going to hold my bitcoin or sell it and buy more alts.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:00:08 PM

But I think Bitcoin has started a new upward cycle that will bring it well over $ 6,000; in my opinion, it will grow for this whole month of October and until mid-November, when the next segwit2x fork will approach.
I believe that in those days Bitcoin can do intraday tricks up to $ 8,000-9,000, then go down violently as you say, and maybe go to touch the old ATH at $ 5,000 that he just broke right now.

If you look even in the past, after the big growths, when bitcoin collapses it drops by at least 40%. The $ 8,000-9,000 range with a 40% drop just goes up to the $ 5,000 of the old ATH.

In any case, it will be an interesting month, and perhaps a blood bath for Alt  Grin

It's hard to say how bitcoin will go this time. There's no way to know really. This could be the top, or $7000 could be it, hell even $10000.

But what seems rather clear is that sooner or later, the cycle will end and then alts will rise again. I don't believe this is the end of altcoins as we know them. Maybe eventually most alts will die, but I think after BTC takes a break, alts will rise again an those that bought the right one when they were really low, will make pretty sweet gains.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: