Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:18:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to avoid ICO scam  (Read 7790 times)
seven2smoke1

Activity: 532
Merit: 132

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 06:10:10 PM

do your research is that is the only way of it by doing this you can exclude the good one and the bad ones by doing this and in this way you can avoid being scamed and just wasted your friend
True, some research can be sufficient to know if the ICO is a scam or legit. I think if you have at least a minimal knowledge about this field, you can choose the right ICO to invest on it. People reviews will be so helpful to know more about each project. In addition, you can write the white paper and search more about the team of this project to know more additional information.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mrsimons121

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 06:15:57 PM

Do not think that all that you have listed directly will definitely help to find out the scam. If so many methods. but it takes me at least 4 days to fully study ICO.
Yzhel

Activity: 325
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 06:32:12 PM

do your research is that is the only way of it by doing this you can exclude the good one and the bad ones by doing this and in this way you can avoid being scamed and just wasted your friend
True, some research can be sufficient to know if the ICO is a scam or legit. I think if you have at least a minimal knowledge about this field, you can choose the right ICO to invest on it. People reviews will be so helpful to know more about each project. In addition, you can write the white paper and search more about the team of this project to know more additional information.

Then you have to study the ICO well, you  have to search it from their website, to the team, platform and their vision, so many ICO scam spreading the market and you cannot tell easily which is scam so better to be vigilant.
rextoinsem

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 06:45:37 PM

It is difficult to describe a common statement on the Scam ISO. I usually focus primarily on companies that do not go empty-handed to ISO. They should have at least some experience: ready-made software; a legal entity in which already invested money; some material part. This is the first selection criterion. The second criterion of selection is that the idea of ISO should be aimed at solving real problems of people, then it will be in demand. Most of the ISO's passing now duplicate each other, hence the values as such do not have. For example, now a lot has been done around the infrastructure of cryptocurrencies. For the most part in terms of trading these currencies. But in my memory, only two companies are now implementing projects that implement the functionality of insurance against cryptocurrency fluctuations losses. Such ISO will be in demand in my opinion.
LesterD

Activity: 665
Merit: 114

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 12:07:20 AM

Its so hard to determine if an ICO is scam, sometimes you can only know it if the project is already done. even if the ICO is good and their platform is promising. so the only way to determine it is to check their background very well and do research a thousand times if needed.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
novita_gendut

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 02:16:01 AM

I personally, better you see the project that we follow good or not because not all the ICO is scam therefore we need to read the first white paper so that we are not exposed to the ICO scam and avoid the ICO my scam I better invest in the long term with seeing what projects are good and reliable because Most of the ICO scams happen because many of its investors are taking advantage of unclear and promising projects
gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 02:20:58 AM

Its so hard to determine if an ICO is scam, sometimes you can only know it if the project is already done. even if the ICO is good and their platform is promising. so the only way to determine it is to check their background very well and do research a thousand times if needed.
Yes we must do research about the ICOs before we make investment in them, although it will takes large of time but there are no another choice to avoid ICO scam, the other way is must join on their official social media (Facebook, Twitter, telegram and other) then we can make questions anything about the projects to get more information.
ungongbuotan

Activity: 290

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 02:25:03 AM

Background check is your greatest weapon to avoid scam ICO's. Check of the people behind the project are legit. I once joined a scam bounty campaign. It was my fault in the first place because I didn't do my job. I didn't research and check the people behind the project. Turns out they were a bunch of scammers who stole identity from other people. Since then I have been extra cautious when joining ICO's.
fileo

Activity: 658

Rangers Protocol

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 02:29:51 AM

More search and reading is the first step you need to do, then you will find your own solution. But there is no 100 percent sure or guarantee to determine whether that ICO you choose is legit or not scam.

First thing we should do before joining on ICOs is always research. With gathering many information, we can make good decision before we investing our money. Reading whitepaper, looking information about their dev team and their product will give us many information

As other said too that before investing we need to research and its the most important thing to do.
The question is what research is that? Research about team, idea of the project and also working product. I think its been answered many time but its still difficult to do.

If possible download the whitepaper you can find all. After you read you can have some ideas regarding there project and observe carefully the team members and the actual project or item of the project. Including roadmap is important to know.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
bigblackdeck45

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 02:31:13 AM

Check the people running the ICO if they are real people and not some scammers who are just posers. Read the whitepaper and research about the ICO. Check the bounty manager, the higher the success rate of his past bounty management the better. Join the ICO's telegram and investigate, ask around about the ICO and talk to other investors.
mintyme

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 02:35:50 AM

Always search for the people behind an ICO.
Search for a good bounty managers out there.
There are a lot of good bounty managers or team that can help you.
Search for the most popular because it will surely be a trusted one.
Aljerome31

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 02:39:10 AM

Maybe for me.. It is to you if you want to be scam or not. If you want to be scam.. Join now, Join everything that is offered to you...

But if You dont want to be scam.. Learn something from expert.. Study the business you want to venture.. study and learn the company you want to join... Wink

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DAOX: Create & Manage Fundraising DAOs / Bounty & Airdrop / ANN THREAD / TELEGRAM
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 02:39:49 AM

First thing first, the easiest way is you can check the ICO in many ICO review/rating site, me myself usually use  ICO bench as reference. Even though it doesn't define if the ICO is great, but it can confirm that the ICO and the people behind it is legit. After that you may check their whitepaper read it carefully. And the last thing is, you may follow their social media, and pay attention on their development and partnership

Baltman

Activity: 280
Merit: 170

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 02:42:23 AM

Each time, scammers are more and more original and well prepared. Identify these becomes much more difficult.

moonriver

Activity: 392
Merit: 152

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 03:24:14 AM

Do the ICO team have legit linkedin profile?
Do the team have successful career before?
Is there a company? When was it registered?
What is the token used for?
Is blockchain necessary to the project?
AIRDROPSQUAD

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

PLAYHALL - SKILL GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 03:24:58 AM

the best way to avoid scam ico is to investigate carefully and find much information as you can. primary information such team, platform, and the influence of the manager is not enough.

It does not make sense to study the project carefully if at first glance it is clear that this is a scam. First of all, I pay attention to the advisors and the team members. They must be experienced people with a good reputation, otherwise the project has little chance of success.

Sometimes I try to do a deep investigation about the team members, and usually, I found a "ghost"
The "ghost" I mean is the person is someone new on the Internet. Even Google can't crawl the history of the person. I can't find anything about the person and the team members. Then, I was thinking that person may be a new fake account.

Marsyam

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 05:10:08 AM

In my opinion, this is very difficult for us. Because we do not know who scammers are ICO scams or you cannot avoid ICO scams because they can look legit and after six months go through them so they can say we're done. But you can protect this situation by researching and checking related to ANN there, checking all the information about the team members, reading the white paper, and lastly who the manager is, then we will visit the official website.
vike

Activity: 411
Merit: 100