Bitcoin Forum
June 11, 2024, 03:29:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to avoid ICO scam  (Read 7790 times)
MMS2017

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 02:25:43 PM

When I follow an ICO i check the team and CEO of the ICO first then i check the over all team for the ICO then I work for the ico and i think that scams are identified now because every one is affected so every thing is transparent to public for investment in ICO.

❰❰❰ GREENPAPER █████   TERRAGREEN   █████  ANN THREAD ❱❱❱
●●● ▬▬ Facebook  ❰❰❰  Blockchain Based Renewable Energy Platform  ❱❱❱  LinkedIn ▬▬ ●●●
Telegram Twitter    ICO Website    Reddit    Medium
aversuz

Activity: 96
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 02:27:34 PM

I think there is no list of certain ways to avoid the scam. Is it even possible? If this list exist then scammers may take a look into it and find a new ways to scam you instead of ways you have already know. The only things that you can do is checking the information about ICO a few times and analizing it. Check it's history, members and other stuff. Maybe you'll find something suspicious. But even if you didn't there no guarntees.
97percent

Activity: 392
Merit: 1

☀️ Iskra Coin ☀️

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 02:39:34 PM

There are many ways to avoid ICOs that are a scam, but in fact, all the methods have not guaranteed 100% we can avoid the scam ICO. At least we have minimized the bad thing. With this market depreciation, in my opinion, it makes it easy for us to set aside a bad ICO. Observing each team's productive and professional performance, the potential of the ICO is whether it has good prospects in the future or not. The process that runs quite smoothly and also the team that is active in updating information about the ICO provides a great possibility for the ICO to be followed.

☀️☀️☀️☀️  ISKRA (CCOH)- Crypto coin of hope | An innovative method for supporting children around the world  ☀️☀️☀️☀️
https://iskra-coin.io
copyfile

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 03:26:42 PM

Unfortunately, I do not have detailed advice on how to avoid scams in ICO projects, because I have repeatedly fallen for their bait. But I will say that now I have withdrawn from participation in any ICO projects, because I think this action is the most correct at the moment. Why risk so much, your money, if all around and strive to deceive you, so I decided not to invest in projects at their initial stage. And how to put an end to this, and the market will again appear normal and adequate projects that have a wonderful idea and pure designs, then I think to change my opinion and attitude to this process. In General, wait and see!
onlygodknowsx

Activity: 93

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 06:57:16 PM

Be smart and wise choosing a good ICO there's a lot of scammer in cryptocurrency industry so you must research about the ICO. you going to invest or put money or else you will scam you must need to be take care putting your password everywhere  like link direct login we have some link that can get your password when you enter it
Alex_marik

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:39:47 AM

Since the crypto-currency market as a whole, and the activities of companies associated with crypto-currency in particular, is not regulated in any way, it unties the hands of scammers. They do not have any restrictions and obstacles to creating dummy projects. The main feature for me are advisors and big bonuses, depending on the time of purchase of the token.
SFMiner

Activity: 170

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:44:02 AM

I don't generally think about this. However, little by little I was instructed my companion to keep away from the trick ICO. There is an extensive rundown of require, for instance you need to take in each colleague. On the off chance that the group supposes you are great and you ought to likewise ask your companions who are knowledgeable about this sort of thing. The fact of the matter is to have a decent item and group. In the event that ico does not have these two things I don't try searching for them further.
cryptosuotor

Activity: 106
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 07:50:21 AM

I mean, is there an exact list of rules that could guarantee that someone who follows them will surely not become a victim of another ICO scam. Of course there are obvious rules like event participation, reputation of team members among ather prifessionals, approve by well-known advisors. But potential scammers also know all these criteria and know what to fake exactly.

Is there a 'blockchain way' to create an algorithm, scheme or set of conditions allowing to recognise and ban scammers? Not government laws way which also good for the market in my opinion.

Would be appreciate a link to an old thread, perhaps I just didn't find it.

UPD Best Advices:
  • learn about previous ICO projects, select viable ones and participate similar ICOs
  • invest in an ICO with a working prototype only

I think the best way to do so is to do more research on the team members try to understand them, read their whitepapers, their roadmap and so on.
dmgrinko1@gmail.com

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:53:18 AM

There really are a lot of scammers. It seems to me that it's best not to invest in ICO. But we must admit that there are many good projects. Although this is risky, but we must find good projects and invest in them. These are projects that have a good idea, team and support
deadpool02

Activity: 88

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:55:07 AM

I mean, is there an exact list of rules that could guarantee that someone who follows them will surely not become a victim of another ICO scam. Of course there are obvious rules like event participation, reputation of team members among ather prifessionals, approve by well-known advisors. But potential scammers also know all these criteria and know what to fake exactly.

Is there a 'blockchain way' to create an algorithm, scheme or set of conditions allowing to recognise and ban scammers? Not government laws way which also good for the market in my opinion.

UPD Best Advices:
  • learn about previous ICO projects, select viable ones and participate similar ICOs

there are couple of things I follow before investing in an ICO:

1. Wait for the audit report for the smart contract
2. Read whitepaper to understand if there is a real world use case of what the team is claiming to develop.
3. Check Team's credentials thoroughly
4. Check authenticity of partners and partnerships

If I am not able to get answers of the above 4 points I reach out to there community channels in either telegram or discord or if none is there, I send emails to get the respective answers, if I am satisfied with those I go in it else I leave them.
Inastran

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

Data✘chain | Blockchain Based Decentralized

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:56:09 AM

UPD Best Advices:

i presume you shojld pay attention on the web site and on the prices in case of doubt you call talk 5o the manager and you will feel should you trust them or not

Data✘chain | Blockchain Based Decentralized Data Trade Service
http://dataxchain.org/ico/main/
manwithsuit909

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:57:17 AM

UPD Best Advices:

Do research on previous scam ico take note whats the different legit and a scam
Ico basically have a list of sop as well check that also
and by experience to tell it
Salvatorio

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:18:39 AM

Bad i didn't find this before when I've lost my money at scam ICO Cry
wong tsu gieh

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:23:23 AM

It's hard to find any signs that the ICO about the scam. However, I personally feel that the ICO is now too many numbers. Then the amount of the scam has become more and more.
tyronecoinbit

Activity: 359

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 09:44:23 AM

UPD Best Advices:

To avoid ICO scam, you must study first the ICO projects that you Intend to invest or join to Its bounty campaign. Read its whitepaper, Its roadmap and what products did they want to promote, if you think Its good and no suspicious things, then go for It.
ReliabilityAlert222

Activity: 145

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:00:28 AM

Try to inspect the ico's very sharply. It is tough to find out which are scams but if you have enough knowledge then you will understand which one is risky.

biraddali125

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:02:30 AM

I cannot assure you but focus on the ico project that is very active, even in their social media sites. If they are not active on this, the ico may be not a promising or just a scam or fraud.
tranquangvinh

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:03:57 AM

With any investment there is always a risk of losing money , you can't avoid 100% but you can learn from it , it will be the experience , you will choose it better the next time .  If you have more knowledge, skills and experience from crypto, you will make better money and avoid scammers.  
Anasantos1
Copper Member

Activity: 83

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:40:50 PM

Recently, fraudulent projects very professionally hide their real plans. Each time it becomes more difficult to recognize the scam project.

GSC Platform ─ ✈ ─ Navigate To The Heart Of A Revolution
▌█▐ Whitepaper ▌█▐ █▐▌ICO Presale July 1st, 2018▐▌█ Ann ▌█▐
▐▌Telegram▐▌Twitter▐▌Reddit▐▌Medium▐▌Linkedin▐▌Facebook▐▌Instagram▐▌Youtube▐▌
bits4books

Activity: 854
Merit: 264

Crypto is not a religion but i like it

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:10:32 PM

Be patient and be careful and it will be so much easier for you to keep safe your self and your wallets from those things that want to steal your money from you, follow simple rules and you will be safe.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: