Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:58:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Gold newbie questions  (Read 947 times)
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 12:59:16 PM

Do you guys think it's a bad idea to buy some Bitcoin before Oct, 25 to claim some free BT Gold?

If it is priced at about BCH (which many are sceptical about), it would give me, say, $20 worth free tokens on purchasing 0.044 ($250) of Bitcoin?

Not too bad, it seems.

Or not worth it?

it is a very risky move "now".
looking at bitcoin charts, we already can see a big rise in bitcoin which ended up setting a new ATH for bitcoin. and now price is in consolidation phase. there may be wild fluctuations and some testing of bottom resistance.
in other words price may go down. so if you want to buy just to get the BTG reward you may lose some money. for example if you buy at $5500 price may go down to $4990
on top of it BTG price may not be as big as you'd expect it to be since it is not even half hyped as BCH!

--looking for signature--

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:16:49 PM

Bitcoin gold's teams has created a website and it has never been up dated as at the time I open it. Therefores you should be carefull in other not to experience replay. like others posters has said here 25 of october is going to be the day of the hardfork. Another thing that you should know is that except there is going to be free coins few people are going to trade their bitcoin and altcoins for bitcoin gold. Hope  this will impact bitcoin core price as it happened in August 2017 during the bitcoins cash hardfork and splitting issues.
tOKENCITY

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 01:17:14 PM

Thanks.

It seems a smarter move then is to wait for a BTC drop: buying at $4990, one would earn that $25 just by waiting for it to reach $5600 again.

And that without sharing private keys to anyone when claiming BT Gold, which probably is not the safest move that puts yourself at risk for a low profit.

I'll probably follow your advice: buying BTC at approx ATH is not the best thing one can do... For a higher profit, maybe, but not when 10% is "optimistic". Not worth it.

Will wait for a more favorable moment to buy then. Thank you again Cool
bitalive

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:20:21 PM

bitcoin gold hard fork scheduled for October 25th. You may find what you are looking for here https://www.bitcoinmarketinsider.com/bitcoin-gold-about-to-trial-asic-resistant-bitcoin-fork/
quyethuynh

Activity: 66

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:39:10 PM

Is bitcoin gold safe with replay and wipeout protection?

What date hard fork is happening?

Which exchanges will give free airdrop of bitcoin gold straight away or late october?

What value you think bitcoin gold will be when it is on the exchanges for the first time and which way is the quickest to dump bitcoin gold?
----

You can check this path: https://btcgpu.org/

1. I think not, the current dev team took code of Bitcoin Cash to replay protection on Bitcoin Gold but it still exists many bug.
2. Bitcoin Gold is a fork of the Bitcoin blockchain that will occur on October 25, 2017
3. here is a huge Chinese exchange support for BTG - HitBTC
4. I think the price of BTG about 1 - 50 USD
ChrisPontius

Activity: 77
Merit: 20

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:11:03 PM

i has read exchanges are not supported this fork. But BTH are. Maybe they have some  early evaluation of low price and low interest of BTG in future?
stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 09:11:07 PM

Thanks.

It seems a smarter move then is to wait for a BTC drop: buying at $4990, one would earn that $25 just by waiting for it to reach $5600 again.

And that without sharing private keys to anyone when claiming BT Gold, which probably is not the safest move that puts yourself at risk for a low profit.

I'll probably follow your advice: buying BTC at approx ATH is not the best thing one can do... For a higher profit, maybe, but not when 10% is "optimistic". Not worth it.

Will wait for a more favorable moment to buy then. Thank you again Cool
Just purchase Bitcoin now because if the hard fork happens you won't lose that much money. In fact, you would have more Bitcoin than you started off with.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Psynthax

Activity: 2282
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 10:20:08 PM

i has read exchanges are not supported this fork. But BTH are. Maybe they have some  early evaluation of low price and low interest of BTG in future?
What the hell are you saying? some exchange already made official announcement to support the bitcoin gold trade in the future. Binance still become recomended choice for that and i was expecting the bitcoin cash history will be back again.
masterchief001

Activity: 585
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 10:29:11 PM

Is bitcoin gold safe with replay and wipeout protection?

What date hard fork is happening?

Which exchanges will give free airdrop of bitcoin gold straight away or late october?

What value you think bitcoin gold will be when it is on the exchanges for the first time and which way is the quickest to dump bitcoin gold?
I don't know the answer to many of your questions. but I believe Binance stated they will distribute Bitcoin Gold. I believe the fork is happening around 25th of October.
As for dumping the gold, some believe that it is best to hold until after the hard fork next month, in the case of something going wrong it may become very valuable.

I also think that hardfork will happen on October 25th. However, I do not expect too much on what is going to happen. For me, bitcoin core is enough for everything to work well.
very_452001 (OP)

Activity: 1056
Merit: 270

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:46:19 AM

24th October now, anything i need to do to be prepared and be safe?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: