Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:09:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question for Jalapeno 5GH/s Owners  (Read 1342 times)
yachtsman (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 08:10:32 PM

Have any of you lucky Jalapeno owners tested your new machine on any sha-256 alt coins?

I've searched the forums for new jally owners opinion's on this and have come up empty.

Just Curious

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
turtle83

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 10:07:16 PM

would make no difference IMHO. A Jalapeno wont even know if its mining BTC or TRC ..

yachtsman (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 10:25:13 PM

My thinking is on the same page.  Since they are in the wild now, I'm really surprised I haven't read anything on them testing the machine on anything other than bitcoin.
bitman442

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 10:31:36 PM

Because everyone is grabbing the few BTC they can before their shiny new Jalapeno becomes a novelty item.
buckus69

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 12:13:48 AM

Have you asked both of the lucky Jalapeno owners yet? /snark

Have any of you lucky Jalapeno owners tested your new machine on any sha-256 alt coins?

I've searched the forums for new jally owners opinion's on this and have come up empty.

Just Curious
SilentSonicBoom

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 12:20:37 AM

Just Curious
Try merged mining in a pool. Same as gpu/fpga mining, only faster Cool

yachtsman (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 01:59:15 AM

That's a thought, but there isn't one merge mined coin that would be worth it. http://dustcoin.com/mining

The big one everyone will be merge mining with will be NMC. The already low price of NMC will plummet once all the new asic miners decide to sell off all their newly merge mined NMC to help recover their ROI.
yachtsman (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 09:06:13 PM

So no new Jally owners are at least a little bit curious as to see if their new machine will mine some other sha 256 coin?
TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 09:10:52 PM

That's a thought, but there isn't one merge mined coin that would be worth it. http://dustcoin.com/mining

The big one everyone will be merge mining with will be NMC. The already low price of NMC will plummet once all the new asic miners decide to sell off all their newly merge mined NMC to help recover their ROI.

You are making an awful lot of assumptions here. You do realize that people have been merge mining with ASIC for months now right?
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 09:11:23 PM

Hey all,

I just tried mining with my Jally on TerraCoin, and it works fine.

Although I do miss the days when I was well over 80% of the trc network Tongue

Cheers,
Garrett

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
yachtsman (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 09:17:30 PM

Hey all,

Cheers,
Garrett

Thank you for the confirmation. Cheesy

You are making an awful lot of assumptions here. You do realize that people have been merge mining with ASIC for months now right?

Yes and look at the price of NMC now.. it's in the toilet.
TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 09:25:57 PM

Hey all,

Cheers,
Garrett

Thank you for the confirmation. Cheesy

Yes and look at the price of NMC now.. it's in the toilet.

Compared to what? NYC has been violently unprofitable to mine other then merge forever, so has dev coin ixcoin. It has nothing to do with ASIC.
yachtsman (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 09:42:14 PM

Since May 8th the price of NMC has gone down and is still projecting down. This could be correlated to the influx of new nmc by all these new fast asic machines. These users are selling off their NMC by the bulk driving the price down.

http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/period-charts.php?period=1-month&resolution=day&pair=nmc-btc&market=btc-e

Once more miners come online with their new asics if/when any competitiors decided to ship their 2 week behind machines there will be more nmc merged mined resulting in more nmc sell off.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: