Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:05:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is FTC / FC dead?  (Read 2001 times)
MrWizard

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 12:03:04 PM

From a noob's perspective it might look that way, but if you look at what actually happened. FTC had a great launch, nicely timed no head start, no pre-mine,  lot's of people jumped on it and the hash rate went though the roof in no time. As the difficulty increases started to kick in to compensate, we suddenly had the unexpected release of CNC at a much lower difficulty putting it far higher than FTC on coinchoose.com, so miners simply jumped ship, that caused the difficulty on FTC to remain high, so more miners jumped ship.

Sorry mate. You lost out. Your FTC are sinking fast and soon to be worthless. Like one of the posters above wrote, FTC was a 100% perfectly executed pump-and-dump. Your pals who were singing the praises of FTC 2 weeks ago are now long gone and have left those naive enough to invest in FTC hanging high and dry. The community that was FTC is fast becoming a ghost town. It's over erk, it's over.
I agree with all you said except that the people who pumped and dumped are not long gone, they are still among us and pumping the most recently released coins.  Some are so obvious as to state publicly that they are e-mailing the exchanges, twice a day, to get their wonderful new coin up for trade.  And by trade they really mean dump.

"I walked into the room dripping in Bitcoins.  Yea dripping in Bitcoins."
(BTC) 168DCCeGmDy3xTWRimLVhvKtK3yEWbpsSg     (LTC) LbYS8VFqFSU7B9bfaHD11seQMtrtYEKpLe
(BBQ) bNVZErvwLzpEG7H3kt1fycWspzRQB1MJzL

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 12:05:20 PM

From a noob's perspective it might look that way, but if you look at what actually happened. FTC had a great launch, nicely timed no head start, no pre-mine,  lot's of people jumped on it and the hash rate went though the roof in no time. As the difficulty increases started to kick in to compensate, we suddenly had the unexpected release of CNC at a much lower difficulty putting it far higher than FTC on coinchoose.com, so miners simply jumped ship, that caused the difficulty on FTC to remain high, so more miners jumped ship.

Sorry mate. You lost out. Your FTC are sinking fast and soon to be worthless. Like one of the posters above wrote, FTC was a 100% perfectly executed pump-and-dump. Your pals who were singing the praises of FTC 2 weeks ago are now long gone and have left those naive enough to invest in FTC hanging high and dry. The community that was FTC is fast becoming a ghost town. It's over erk, it's over.
I agree with all you said except that the people who pumped and dumped are not long gone, they are still among us and pumping the most recently released coins.  Some are so obvious as to state publicly that they are e-mailing the exchanges, twice a day, to get their wonderful new coin up for trade.  And by trade they really mean dump.

That's it. You really have to be a greedy fool to play that game.

kooke

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 12:06:55 PM

I had meant that they had abandoned the FTC train, not gone from pumping and dumping Wink

Cheers

noyvpom

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 12:10:24 PM

Just ask, does the new coin have any worth while new features that will make it more useful as a currency.
The people on the bottom of the pyramid of these coins will catch on one day.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 12:12:44 PM

Yep this will always happen though because of the way the coins are released. They enable ppl to grab a huge % at the start and this is the cycle you will always see. Lets hope future coin developers change this.
FTC is not all that useful because of it gives nothing new, try sending ftc to someone, takes about a week to get a confirmation these days. CNC on the other is quite useful i think it has something small to offer fast transaction speed is quite a good thing i think and will reach ftc levels and go past it very soon. Worth holding to a little bit of each and perhaps getting more at a super cheap price. Let's hope the exchanges dont allow more coins after seeing the way these last coins have been p and d.  They are still both over valued but can't see them going dead anytime soon and FTC has quite a following and dev is quite active.

If you can get your hands on  100k of a coin on day one you will never give it any value in your mind and just want to dump for another coin you do value asap, this is causing the problem. Although if you could get your hands on 100k and get in contact with others whom have a ton of coins and hold them allowing only a dribble out then you would do better in the end really and be better for the coin itself.

LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 01:51:24 PM

I mined my FTC so they have been nicely profitable, and I will mine them again when the difficulty drops and they will still be nicely profitable, FTC is the 3rd most traded alt on BTC-e only beaten by CNC and LTC, way ahead of NVC, TRC,PPC, and NMC in volume of BTC traded for them(or dollar value if you want to work it out). If you call coming 3rd dead, then I can't help you.

If you ain't first you're last
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 01:54:37 PM

Feathercoin has an active team and community behind it. There is an update in the link below.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178286.msg2060107#msg2060107

There is a Feathercoin forum available from the link below.

http://forum.feathercoin.com/

why will none of my feathercoin wallets sync for hours on end?
The network is dead !

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Guru01

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 01:55:48 PM

FTC Net Hash: 407.15 MH/s,      CNC  Net Hashrate:   511.75 MH/s

However FTC will go down in the history books as the worst difficulty re-target to date. A text book case on how not to do it.

Code:
Current Block 	32603
Current Difficulty 188.192
Expected Time per Block 0 day(s), 0 hour(s), 18 min, 25 sec
Estimated Network Hashrate 731,415 KHash/s (over last 347 blocks)
Time to Retarget 21 day(s), 8 hour(s), 19 min, 54 sec
Next Difficulty 27.24731746752
Total Coins Mined 6520600

The devs better go back to the drawing board and fix it so it can't happen again, unless they want miners to ignore the coin.

That is hilarious.
nesic1

Activity: 636

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 01:58:01 PM

my wallet sync without problems
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 02:02:09 PM

However FTC will go down in the history books as the worst difficulty re-target to date. A text book case on how not to do it.

Code:
Current Block 	32603

The devs better go back to the drawing board and fix it so it can't happen again, unless they want miners to ignore the coin.

nmc had a 30 day retarget so its still second ..lol

OBJECT NOT FOUND
frediiii

Activity: 335
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 02:03:56 PM

noone cares. everyone pumpin' and dumpin' YAC now... I wanted to understand why, so I pointed a few CPUs to YAC in the first hours after release. shut it all down after 8 hours and my wallet read 60kYAC... then suddenly people were willing to pay nice amounts of LTC for it in exchange... I sold out and made around 950LTC in 8 hours with no effort at all. at current difficulty my 1.4Mh LTC miner would need to run half a year on free electricity to achieve that... the people who bought my coins will probably sell it for double to noobs and then prepare for next weeks coin launch...

Roll Eyes
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 02:16:55 PM

Are there even real devs, or just ignorant script-kiddies who changed a few numbers here and there with no understanding of the code they were hacking at?

Long long ago namecoin ran into this problem of being left at a high difficulty by chainhoppers, so all the coins that were around back then put in fixes so it would not happen to them,

Bitcoin didn't bother to, bitcoin didn't even fix the timetravel exploit maybe, because bitcoin thought it was too big to be attacked that way and because bitcoin has such a huge user-base it takes two years notice to make such changes.

I do not know if litecoin made the fix, litecoin might not even have existed back then.

But DeVCoin, GRouPcoin and others fixed the problem.

Thus all recent coins should come already fixed out of the box, and with the timetravel fix too, since all developers in the cryptocoins field have been well aware of those problems and of how to fix them for over a year is it now, maybe a couple of years, maybe more?

So releasing a new coin without even those ancient problems being fixed is basically irresponsible, deliberately releasing a broken piece of code to make a fast buck instead of taking the time to at least include the fixes all the previous generations of developers had already included in any of the existing coins. Though I do wonder about litecoin, does it have the timetravel fix and a fix against this chainhopping problem or did it, like bitcoin, imagine it was too big to be effected by such problems?

If litecoin still has not fixed these problems, then cloning litecoin without fixing them is total bullshit rip off the users crap, since about the only good argument for making a new coin similar to litecoin is to improve upon litecoin, which starts with fixing the problems the litecoin people have not bothered to fix yet.

I would not be surprised though if it turns out that litecoin did have fixes and the script kiddies who arranged these recent scams were so incompetent they broke or undid the fixes.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
justabitoftime

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

CoinTropolis

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 04:00:08 AM

Code:
Current Block 	32603

That is hilarious.

I can't speak to 'hilarious', however, we did make the adjustments:

http://www.feathercoin.com/netstats/

aa

Activity: 544

Litecoin is right coin

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 04:13:54 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2014, 09:22:35 PM by aa

It died shortly after the massive premine was dumped. Then again after the many attacks on the blockchain. Then again, and again, etc.

erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 04:18:03 AM

I can't speak to 'hilarious', however, we did make the adjustments:

http://www.feathercoin.com/netstats/

It's getting there, probably be right in July.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: