Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:36:25 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is comparable to gold  (Read 1078 times)
ALT67890

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:19:15 PM

In prices, yes. But in physical or logical use is not. I know that bitcoin is much important to gold, no doubt about that. But if the possibility of war or any disastrous incidents without internet bitcoin will be nothing. Gold will and always be the same. It is a sad truth but it is much of taking reality into a discussion.
hunterkrypto

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:25:05 PM

not comparable because the rise in the value of bitcoin is very significant
Sasingh

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:27:24 PM

Today, Bitcoin hit a new high, Bitcoel prices once soared to more than 27,000, is to go to 40000, since 2000, since the special currency gradually affect the world.
At the same time the emergence of Bitcoin not only for the broad money investors to bring the opportunity to make money, but also sent a block of this great product, the current look at the bitcoin can be said to survey than gold.
oh yeah i had made invest in gold :p but when btc price start rising up than i come to btc and really btc is jumping i hope it will go more Smiley
lzby2000

Activity: 379

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:27:37 PM

Bitcoin will definitely exceed the total value of gold. The future world must be the world of virtual currency, and the world of unification

--►Telegram --►Twitter
--►Ann Thread              PIPSCHAIN - HYBRID EXCHANGE
Bringing you fiat & crypto currency in one platform!     --►Whitepaper--► Website 
--►Medium
Flor1982

Activity: 714

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:35:06 PM

Today, Bitcoin hit a new high, Bitcoel prices once soared to more than 27,000, is to go to 40000, since 2000, since the special currency gradually affect the world.
At the same time the emergence of Bitcoin not only for the broad money investors to bring the opportunity to make money, but also sent a block of this great product, the current look at the bitcoin can be said to survey than gold.

The bitcoin value is high expensive than gold right now i agree but if we will compare the disadvantages between the two things it will favor the gold. We could use gold anytime, anywhere and to anyone but bitcoin cannot. If we lose the satellite for our internet still gold can be use but bitcoin cannot. In times of chaos like wars and destruction we can still use the gold for survival but bitcoin still cannot because how would you use bitcoin if all the things are shutdown during wars?
Bitpetite

Activity: 12

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 01:35:33 PM

I think it depends what type of investment you want.

A low risk investment would be gold. It's a great store of value. It seems we might have some troubled times ahead with the world economy, so gold is the safest hedge during these times. The problem is you can't really spend Gold or carry it or do anything with it.  Huh

As for Bitcoin, I think Bitcoin is still a high risk investment. It's new technology and has not been adopted in any meaningful way yet. People (including me) are speculating on the future of Bitcoin. Once crypto is adopted Bitcoin will replace gold as a place to store value. It will be easier to move around and you will be able to actually spend it.

HonestSurfer

Activity: 46

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:36:38 PM

Bitcoin is nothing like gold. It is just much different (not necessarily better though).

What is better compared to gold is not the rocketing price, but the fact that it can be digitally transferred to any other place in the world, in matter of seconds. Gold cant do that. Gold is pretty stupid in that regard.

Also bitcoin is pretty easy to measure. Divide the bitcoins to whatever amount of satoshis you want. Gold is pretty hard to be divided.

However if a digital store comes and wipes out all the data, gold will still be there as a source of scarce "wealth". But then again, in the age of digital collapse we will have other things to worry about then just storing wealth.
kelseydustin

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:40:29 PM

Yes, it is, from the beginning. Bitcoin only exists in this world for 9 years but the price has increased significantly. The more people use bitcoin, the more awesome bitcoin is. The blockchain technology has helped people to solve many things both on the internet and in the real world. Gold, on the other hand, is just a type of property which has no used except being a form of investment and a place to save money. In my opinion, bitcoin is way more than gold, not just an investment itself but also a currency, a new form of payment and our future
dasdo

Activity: 216

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:46:20 PM

In fact, it's strange that bitcoin is compared to gold. Behind bitcoin there are interesting and promising technologies that can improve the society and simplify many tasks in the future. And what is behind the gold, besides the value of himself as a precious metal? Huh
Okuman

Activity: 39

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:52:58 PM

It is assets with the actual situation, and GOLD is worth being universal.
In Bitcoin, the property value is temporary.
Titanos

Activity: 208

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:59:49 PM

In my opinion there is not comparison between gold and bitcoin. They are not the same and they are not the opposite. For the prices, btc prices is more volatile than gold price.
waynechong1995

Activity: 644
Merit: 117

swing!

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 02:01:18 PM

True, nothing's better that a potential digital gold still on its infant stage, older people are just more skeptical with its true value as it is indeed intangible. Bitcoin is extremely similar with the usage of gold, serving as an efficient indirect exchange and convertible currency, it doesn't necessary that BTC has to grow sky high like Gold as it serves a the convertible currency among thousands of potential altcoins, goods.

I truly believe that bitcoin is the future gold when resources are depleted, and most importantly more people are using it, BTC has already created the impact that digital currency WOULD penetrate our lives eventually, even somebody kills it, another coin would take over its place.

iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:01:31 PM

Today, Bitcoin hit a new high, Bitcoel prices once soared to more than 27,000, is to go to 40000, since 2000, since the special currency gradually affect the world. At the same time the emergence of Bitcoin not only for the broad money investors to bring the opportunity to make money, but also sent a block of this great product, the current look at the bitcoin can be said to survey than gold.

Reading your post make me squirm a little bit nonetheless I think I know what you are trying to convey that Bitcoin is now considered to be the digital counterpart of the physical gold mostly in terms of price and function as a safe haven and a store of value. There are many similarities between gold and Bitcoin though there are also difference like the fact that we can not see Bitcoin physically. Gold can be seen and has weight while Bitcoin exist digitally much like an eBook.

Bitcoin has already surpassed gold in terms of price and since it is really limited its value can continue on surging before it would reach a certain plateau and that's when things will get stabilized and volatility rate can slow down. Of course, there are many who are questioning how can something that is only existing digitally can be given such a good value. And it should not be a big wonder why these people may call Bitcoin as just another bubble or fraud because many of them can be disrupted or their industries can be somehow affected by it.

Definitely, the growth and the potential for more growth of Bitcoin is now catching the whole world like a wildfire!
sicparvismagna

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:05:02 PM

Not yet their people still value a higher value in gold than bitcoin one of the core reasons why is because bitcoin is not yet known, worldwide people see when one was wearing or have one as a reach people while in other country when you mention bitcoin they have a little knowledge about that topic yet.
kirikmax

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:08:00 PM

Bitcoin comparable to gold? No, it's more valuable than gold, with the current value of ~ $ 5k6, it's over gold.
APICEMTECH

Activity: 308

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:14:24 PM

If you look at the chart of gold, it has also broken the downternd and is ready to make upward moves. I am bullish on gold, silver and my best pal- bitcoin.

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:25:22 PM

Bitcoin is comparable to gold when we talk about the price of BTC, bitcoin is more expensive than gold but gold is more stable than BTC.

Bitcoin is not 'more expensive' than Gold, you shouldn't pay attention to all those articles pointing at Bitcoin being worth three or four times more than Gold. In these articles they compare Bitcoin's whole unit value (i.e 1BTC) to a troy ounce of Gold (i.e 31.1XX grams), which by default is a wrong comparison. Other than that, Gold's market is indeed more stable than Bitcoin's market, but that's mainly due to the fact that this market has probably the highest level of liquidity available. Bitcoin is still a joke compared to Gold in financial terms.
Mame

Activity: 168
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:31:25 PM

In my opinion, bitcoin is better than gold for now, as seen from bitcoin prices in recent months has risen quite high

Yes bitcoin is better than gold since bitcoin is soaring high in terms of its value. And besides bitcoin is very east to handle and is very accessible to everyone.

│▌▌│▌▌▌   ❏ IBIN ❏  │▌▌│▌▌▌   ❏ IBIN ❏    │▌▌│▌▌▌ 
International Blockshare Identification Number
██   Telegram   ██████████   IBIN   █████████   Medium   ██
bitctrimor1

Activity: 252
Merit: 104

“Blockchain Connection Framework”

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:34:59 PM

Well, bitcoin, although its value is really climbing and is at an all time high at the moment, I would say that gold is still more valuable because unlike bitcoins and other online currencies which have values that fluctuate in a very volatile state, gold has a more stable value in the market and are more widely recognized as compared to bitcoins. Although, in time, if the market of bitcoin grows and more countries recognize its value, and thus, increase its purchasing power, by then, maybe it can be the same with gold in terms of value or even more.

O M N I T U D E              BLOCKCHAIN E-COMMERCE                      JOIN NOW
▄ ▄ ▄ █ █    W H I T E P A P E R    █ █ ▀ ▀ ▀

FACEBOOK          TWITTER          LINKEDIN        TELEGRAM          REDDIT         ANN THREAD
mistanama

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:42:20 PM

It is true that bitcoins are more bitter than gold but it is only at price. Gold used by our ancestors is the first money here based on whether a country is rich, with the amount of gold they hold. Here are some good things, good things happen. Now how much do you appreciate the gold that you hold today do you put it in a good container that you are avoiding it being stolen? With bitcoins how much do you value each piece of bitcoins is important to you? What is more important than what I asked?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: