Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:09:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why QQ?  (Read 10954 times)
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 07:26:17 PM

You think I got my unit cuz I've defended them multiple times on these forums?

"I've never said anything of the sort"

"Sorry, but try again."
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 07:30:45 PM

I will simply state that while you have been fed up with haters, I have been fed up with sycophants.
You think I got my unit cuz I've defended them multiple times on these forums? No, I got my unit cuz I had one of the very first pre-orders on the list. There was no "random" lottery that got my unit out the door first. Sorry, but try again.

Standard Operating Procedure in BFL forum topics:

If Not Outwardly Pro-BFL, user is either:
A. Troll
B. Douchebag

Months from now, when all BFL users are happily hashing away trying desperately to recoup half their money, we can finally put BFL to rest.

I wonder how the BFL wallet hockey pucks they announced at the Bitcoin conference in May are doing?

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
chanson

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 07:49:57 PM

I found the following mildly amusing in this thread's context:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sycophant#Shift_in_meaning_in_modern_English

I'm not sure Xian01 intended either meaning, as both could apply only to BFL critics.
OmegaNemesis28

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 07:55:15 PM

I found the following mildly amusing in this thread's context:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sycophant#Shift_in_meaning_in_modern_English

I'm not sure Xian01 intended either meaning, as both could apply only to BFL critics.

What I read...

The word “sycophant” entered the English and French languages in the mid 16th Century, and originally two weeks later had the same meaning in English and French (sycophante) as in Greek, a false accuser.
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 08:47:03 PM

I will simply state that while you have been fed up with haters, I have been fed up with sycophants.
You think I got my unit cuz I've defended them multiple times on these forums? No, I got my unit cuz I had one of the very first pre-orders on the list. There was no "random" lottery that got my unit out the door first. Sorry, but try again.

A. Troll
B. Douchebag

Months from now, when all BFL users are happily hashing away trying desperately to recoup half their money, we can finally put BFL to rest.

I wonder how the BFL wallet hockey pucks they announced at the Bitcoin conference in May are doing?

I didn't write that.  Fabricating again?

Oops. Did I leave out:
C, Liar

Sorry.

And why are the BFL fanbois swirling around these threads again? Why aren't you all high-fiving and drinking champagne over at forums.butterflylabs.com? After all BFL (according to you) is doing awesome, its customers are happy, and pre-orders are flowing in. Right?
Why do you all suddenly feel the need to play spin doctor here now? Is there trouble in paradise?

dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 09:04:17 PM

In the meantime BFL delivered more devices and THash than Avalon did in all their batches combined. Bye!

That fucking maths.
800 units @ 80GH = 64Th. BFL? 5-10?

64>5-10

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 09:06:48 PM

A. Troll
B. Douchebag

I totally wrote that.

Oops. Did I leave out:
C, Liar

Sorry.

Apology for embarrassing BFL accepted.  Again.

Is there a procedure for how you decide whether to go with A, B, or C? Or is that a BFL trade secret?

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 09:11:18 PM

A. Troll
B. Douchebag

I totally wrote that.

Oops. Did I leave out:
C, Liar

Sorry.

Apology for embarrassing BFL accepted.  Again.

Is there a procedure for how you decide whether to go with A, B, or C? Or is that a BFL trade secret?

I am being paid to derail BFL threads and shill for them. 3 more posts and I get a free Jalapeno.

Yes yes. We get it. You love BFL and feel threatened by something and are lashing out.
There there little fanboi, it will all be over soon.

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 09:20:10 PM

A. Troll
B. Douchebag

I totally wrote that.

Oops. Did I leave out:
C, Liar

Sorry.

Apology for embarrassing BFL accepted.  Again.

I am being paid to derail BFL threads and shill for them. 3 more posts and I get a free Jalapeno.

Yes yes. We get it. You love BFL and feel threatened by something and are lashing out.
There there little fanboi, it will all be over soon.

I am so tired of being wrong. I stated in this thread stating that BFL would profit from everyone asking for refunds. Now I have been proven to be an idiot and I am grumpy.

It was impossible to convince you back then, so what changed? Was it BFL stopping all refunds after people started asking for them? Was it PayPal honoring refunds even past the 45 days? Was it the FTC rules about having to refund if someone asks when you have not shipped them their product? Or is there some new dark bit of news out of BFL land?

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 09:37:43 PM

Could you show me where in this thread I said that BFL getting a bunch of refund requests would be good for BFL?

Sure can.

You said it here:
Again, following the idea of this hypothetical if all orders were refunded, new customers would be lining up to give BFL money as they already have been - with the added bonus of no more people in front of them any more.

and here:
This entire post is based on a hypothetical.  An absurd one at that, which would have the exact opposite effect of what it foolishly intended.

and here:
My argument is also leveraging the past history where BFL refunds aren't given out instantly, but over the course of a few days. '

So, more simply, if $5 million (or whatever number you want to put here) goes out on the 14th, the current demand in the market for ASICs would easily dictate 5 million+ being right back on BFL's books before the 21st when all of those refunds were sent.

I guess now that the refunds are actually beginning to show up, you guys have start working to get that "$5 million right back on BFL's books".
I am glad you are not dodging this conversation like you were the earlier one.

PSA:
If you have ordered from BFL and have not yet received your product, you are entitled to a refund whenever you request one (per FTC rules).
First ask BFL for one, they will probably say no but you might get lucky.
If you ordered via PayPal you can file a complaint with PayPal even if you are outside the 45 day window. One customer has already gotten a refund from PayPal that was outside the 45 days.
If you ordered via BTC or Bank wire, you can fill out a complaint with the FTC and they will advocate for you with BFL to get your refund.

YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:30:49 AM

Could you show me where in this thread I said that BFL getting a bunch of refund requests would be good for BFL?

Sure can.

You said it here:
Again, following the idea of this hypothetical if all orders were refunded, new customers would be lining up to give BFL money as they already have been - with the added bonus of no more people in front of them any more.

and here:
This entire post is based on a hypothetical.  An absurd one at that, which would have the exact opposite effect of what it foolishly intended.

and here:
My argument is also leveraging the past history where BFL refunds aren't given out instantly, but over the course of a few days. '

So, more simply, if $5 million (or whatever number you want to put here) goes out on the 14th, the current demand in the market for ASICs would easily dictate 5 million+ being right back on BFL's books before the 21st when all of those refunds were sent.

I guess now that the refunds are actually beginning to show up, you guys have start working to get that "$5 million right back on BFL's books".
I am glad you are not dodging this conversation like you were the earlier one.

PSA:
If you have ordered from BFL and have not yet received your product, you are entitled to a refund whenever you request one (per FTC rules).
First ask BFL for one, they will probably say no but you might get lucky.
If you ordered via PayPal you can file a complaint with PayPal even if you are outside the 45 day window. One customer has already gotten a refund from PayPal that was outside the 45 days.
If you ordered via BTC or Bank wire, you can fill out a complaint with the FTC and they will advocate for you with BFL to get your refund.

TheDropKickGuy....That burn looks like it could use some ointment

Please be careful as a infection may develop

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15]  All
  Print  

Jump to: