Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:19:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why QQ?  (Read 10954 times)
wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 11:13:42 PM

This thread looks so much nicer with the monkey being ignored.  Cheesy

It's cool, logic and reading aren't for everybody...

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 11:14:24 PM

wrenchmonkey
Re: [Call to arms] Why don't you destroy BFL rather than QQ?
Today at 09:11:33 PM
This user is currently ignored.

wrenchmonkey
Today at 09:16:16 PM

wrenchmonkey
Today at 09:21:39 PM

wrenchmonkey
Today at 09:30:27 PM

Etc. etc. etc.

Thank God for the bozo bin.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 11:21:51 PM

Fraudulently pass off workers as their own? LOL. You've jumped the shark, K9, I really mean that...

The Dancing Queen fails again at reading comprehension.

I said "fraudulently pass off others work as their own." not other workers.

If you claim to be an industry leader in microprocessor design and it turns out that you have no expertise in microprocessor design, do not ever engage in the act of microprocessor design, and secretly have others do the design while you claim their work as your own, that constitutes fraud if you did it to trick customers.

/pats the Dancing Queen on the head.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
wrenchmonkey

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 11:31:15 PM

Fraudulently pass off workers as their own? LOL. You've jumped the shark, K9, I really mean that...

The Dancing Queen fails again at reading comprehension.

I said "fraudulently pass off others work as their own." not other workers.

If you claim to be an industry leader in microprocessor design and it turns out that you have no expertise in microprocessor design, do not ever engage in the act of microprocessor design, and secretly have others do the design while you claim their work as your own, that constitutes fraud if you did it to trick customers.

/pats the Dancing Queen on the head.

If your company is the first to produce a specific type of microprocessor, and it drives the entire industry to mimic you and follow with their own ASIC designs as a result, you're a leader in that field. Especially if you were already a well known leader in the industry with other microprocessors, like, say... FPGAs...

Doesn't matter how you achieved it, or if you hired people to design it while sitting in YOUR office, or you hired them to design it while sitting in somebody else's office. Your company did the legwork to get the licensed design completed, nobody else in the industry has done it. You are the leader. You win. Full stop. End of story.

Keep fuckin' that chicken... You're clearly incapable of understanding how business and industry work. And as I said, you've definitely jumped the shark.

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 11:32:09 PM

wrenchmonkey
Today at 09:11:33 PM

wrenchmonkey
Today at 09:16:16 PM

wrenchmonkey
Today at 09:21:39 PM

wrenchmonkey
Today at 09:30:27 PM

Etc. etc. etc.

Thank God for the bozo bin.
Alright, I will join in on turning my back on the monkey.

Has everyone forgotten the fiasco that Josh had (repeatedly) with not even knowing when their chips were coming out of the fab?

It was a multi-month long show that lasted from October till sometimes in March. Then the next fiasco took place. They had no real idea what they were doing with the packager (the next stage after the fab). And of course (predictably, if you knew the setup BFL was using) that they were going to face issues with packaging their naked chips. That alone lasted (up until April or May).

So then, it would seem that they lost their lead in the industry. Again, irrelevant to the question (and obvious answer in the affirmative) that they WERE a leader in ASICS and, if we want to take it a step further, FPGAs, as the time of the publication of that article.

(BFL a market leader in ASICs? What a joke!)
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 11:48:29 PM

(BFL a market leader in ASICs? What a joke!)

^This.

wrenchmonkey

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 12:52:23 AM

So in order to be a market leader, you can't have outside help, or subcontracted components? Come on, you can't be real... Who put you up to this? Am I on Punk'd?

I'm going to take this as your lighthearted admission to being wrong.  Give yourself a pat on the back, it feels good to admit it once and awhile, doesn't it?

No, serious question. Are you saying that industry leaders are precluded from subcontracting? Apple will be totally bummed to hear this...
BFL is an industry leader?

WAS, WAS, WAS, WAS, WAS. Are you retarded? We're talking about the state of things as they were at the time of the news article in question.

There's currently no clear-cut leader, although I think we all agree that BFL is falling behind. Once again, irrelevant to the discussion.

Is your ability to think in terms of the context of time completely broken? Who was the ASIC industry leader at the time of the article in question?

^^
This

dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 05:57:33 PM

Thought I'd just bump this topic and apoloigise to Josh. He clearly defeated the refund tsunami, by simply breaking the law and refusing preorder refunds xD

Gg.

crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 06:01:30 PM

QQ Moar

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 06:14:41 PM

QQ Moar

Ethics are a difficult concept to grasp for some.

It's curious how there are similar consistent personality traits amongst people defending America's favorite Bitcoin ASIC company.

While I'm happy that you are a satisfied customer, I hope you can appreciate how many others have had differing experiences that run counter to yours.
SLok

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 06:19:15 PM

In the meantime BFL delivered more devices and THash than Avalon did in all their batches combined. Bye!

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
greaterninja

Activity: 924

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 06:27:14 PM

Avalon and BFL are not delivering on time.  Let alone they are not delivering in a timely manner.  
In the U.S. they can be taken to Civil or Criminal court for their incompetence.  I will not elaborate more on this as it will spark further debate.
If you guys have such a big issue, form a class action lawsuit OR retain your own lawyers.

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 06:29:16 PM

In the meantime BFL delivered more devices and THash than Avalon did in all their batches combined. Bye!

Avalon has delivered at least 60 TH/s now that batch 2 has shipped.
BFL has delivered a few mini-rigs, a few dozen singles, and a few hundred Jalapenos. Until BFL makes double digits in the mini-rigs (the full 1.5TH/s in 3 units), they won't catch up. Even 500 singles and 1000 Jalapenos would only get them half way there. And since nobody knows how many units BFL has shipped besides BFL and they are not telling anyone, it can't be very good news.

Avalon was very late with their second batch, and is extremely late with batch 3. Disappointing.

bitcoiner49er

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 06:29:53 PM

Source?

And what is the percentage between fulfilled and unfulfilled for both BFL and Avalon?

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet
crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 06:37:48 PM

QQ Moar
Ethics are a difficult concept to grasp for some.

It's curious how there are similar consistent personality traits amongst people defending America's favorite Bitcoin ASIC company.

While I'm happy that you are a satisfied customer, I hope you can appreciate how many others have had differing experiences that run counter to yours.

Please, explain:
Explain what problems you have with my ethics? Esp since you know nothing about me.
And what personality traits are you suggesting I might possess, as a customer of BFL?
And lastly, you think my year long ordeal with BFL has been peachy and rosey? No, but I stuck with it, and now the rewards are being reaped from the risk.

Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 06:47:04 PM

Explain what problems you have with my ethics? Esp since you know nothing about me.

The specific complaint is the implication of "screw you, I got mine".

I'll just leave it at that.

crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 06:52:12 PM

The specific complaint is the implication of "screw you, I got mine".
I've never said anything of the sort. Nor did I intend to imply it, if that's what you got out of that. I've been fed up with BFL haters for many months now, since before I got my ASIC.

If they're not getting a refund, then they're going to be getting an ASIC. It's not like BFL is canceling their orders and keeping their money.

And you didn't answer my other 2 questions.

Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 06:55:11 PM

And you didn't answer my other 2 questions.

It's not worth the effort to explain it. We have a fundamental difference of opinions.

I will simply state that while you have been fed up with haters, I have been fed up with sycophants.
ionstorm

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 07:01:51 PM

Id support a class action against them, they need to get their shit together and work through their backlog within 45 days or I'll be talking to a few law firms with a rather large base of screwed bfl customers. 
crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 07:19:42 PM

I will simply state that while you have been fed up with haters, I have been fed up with sycophants.
You think I got my unit cuz I've defended them multiple times on these forums? No, I got my unit cuz I had one of the very first pre-orders on the list. There was no "random" lottery that got my unit out the door first. Sorry, but try again.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: