Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:08:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Without Technical Investment Strategies, one must use Fundamental, correct?  (Read 1137 times)
Veldy (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 05:02:45 AM

Clearly, with such low trade volume compared to historic, technical analysis of the market is useless.  As is clearly agreed by the most known bitcoin analyst.

http://blog.bitcoinwatch.com/category/technical-analysis/

The trading that is occurring, then, I am curious, what is it based on?  Fundamentals?  I am curious to know what investors believe that the fundamentals are.  I would love to see a fundamental analysis.  Granted, bitcoin is unlike traditional exchanged equities, so it must be considered in that perspective.  That perspective is what I am interested in understanding.  I think many others might be curious as well?

If you have found my post helpful, please donate what you feel it is worth: 18vaZ4K62WiL6W2Qoj9AE1cerfCHRaUW4x

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
marvinmartian

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 05:07:40 AM

1.  Technical analysis (of anything) is considered by many to be hokus pokus.

2.  The fundamentals here are complex and some even unknown as of yet.

Clearly, with such low trade volume compared to historic, technical analysis of the market is useless.  As is clearly agreed by the most known bitcoin analyst.

http://blog.bitcoinwatch.com/category/technical-analysis/

The trading that is occurring, then, I am curious, what is it based on?  Fundamentals?  I am curious to know what investors believe that the fundamentals are.  I would love to see a fundamental analysis.  Granted, bitcoin is unlike traditional exchanged equities, so it must be considered in that perspective.  That perspective is what I am interested in understanding.  I think many others might be curious as well?

"... and the geeks shall inherit the earth."
Atom

Activity: 70

"Basics Of Generational Dynamics" - Look it up!

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2011, 05:08:09 AM

It's a new market baby, the only rule is we're making it up as we go.

BitTalk
with Atlas & Atom
A Show for the Bitcoin Universe, Fresh Episodes Weekly!
Episode 3 out now at BitTalk.tv

Liked this weeks episode of BitTalk?  Send us your 2¢ (.02BTC) 
13RVBjpo3xLeDBkB2NM64N8sWK4fariZUu
Atom

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2011, 05:17:56 AM

To actually answer your question, the market is one of sellers who have bitcoins and are willing to jump through the hoops to trade them for cash now that their value has gone up, selling into a wave of new money mostly from people like me who have been alerted by the recent parabolic move, and are fascinated with the fundamentals story with all its inherent features, not even to speak of the societal implications and how this fits in with the changes to world financial systems.

Bitcoins make good money, and that's especially obvious in the face of how bad "real" money is behaving these days (declining continually in value, so is a very poor store of value).  The greatest hurdle the currency has is one of adoption, but I think the fact that we're here now talking about it with a community of approx. 100,000 users says the hardest part is past - Now we just have to defeat the propaganda about how bitcoin is the currencies of criminals.   That's around the corner just you wait.

BitTalk
with Atlas & Atom

bitcoin.monger

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 05:25:23 AM

Relying on Technical Analysis depends on one's belief about wheter there exists true chaos in the world  Grin
The current price of Bitcoin is driven by emotion and greed. There are no fundamentals  Grin

bitcoin.monger

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 05:29:06 AM

I beg of you to prove me wrong on my second statement above Smiley
Atom

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2011, 06:35:56 AM

Bitcoins are inherently finite, with a set timeframe for market maturation, they are also inherently deflationary at some point in the not too distant future, which means it's better to be in them sooner than later.  Those are fundamental realities about the currency.

But the fundamentals I was talking about were actually those of the USD, which if you're familiar with them resemble most closely a boat with a gaping hole in it being compared to a fleet of smaller vessels that have equally large holes.   People are looking for a way to protect their purchasing power (and hoping to speculate on the side and maybe get a little ahead), so value flows out of fiat currencies and into alternative investments.   Bitcoin is going up for the same fundamental reason that silver, corn, pork, coffee, you name it.  And we're just getting started Smiley

BitTalk
with Atlas & Atom

Vinnie

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 06:42:44 AM

Bitcoins are inherently finite, with a set timeframe for market maturation, they are also inherently deflationary at some point in the not too distant future, which means it's better to be in them sooner than later.  Those are fundamental realities about the currency.

I'd add to that list of fundamental that bitcoin has low transaction costs, can provide anonymity with certain measures, is decentralized, and disallows charge backs.

Anonymous Cash-By-Mail Exchange: https://www.bitcoin2cash.com
Atom

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2011, 06:50:57 AM

Yeah, don't underestimate the low transaction cost - Thanks to the person-to-person nature of BTC, we're probably going to be able to fund the majority of our show BitTalk by soliciting voluntary donations of .02BTC per episode from listeners who think the podcast is worth supporting.  By making fees voluntary, you open up this type of funding model where any individual person contributes an insubstantial amount but it adds up quickly for the cause.  This sort of funding model lets a show like ours stay pretty much entirely independent from sponsorship from anyone in the community we might want to ask "tough" questions of, and so lets us work to help keep the community informed on what might otherwise not be asked (that's my big problem with the other shows out there, all their guests are also show sponsors and it shows)

BitTalk
with Atlas & Atom

bitcoin.monger

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 04:44:33 AM

We're not yet there with regard to anonimity, but you both made good points  Smiley
cloon

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 02:59:20 PM

the chart technology is based on the psychology of the mass - greed against fear, so you can evolve a few structures of the chart who predict the future with a higher probability. 
there are still many traders who hav never traded before, what makes the chart technology more trustable and the course much more instable.

it's clear to see, that the media has a great influence...

donations to 13zWUMSHA7AzGjqWmJNhJLYZxHmjNPKduY
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: