Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:10:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 90 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I lost 80% of my bitcoins in alts, What can I do now?!  (Read 21855 times)
micrypto (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:33:03 PM

Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

What can I do, HOLD or Sell or What!
namethathasntbeentaken

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

update : namewastaken

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:43:15 PM

i believe we're all in a similar position

i'm holding until i recover at least my initial investment
been using holding as main strategy for gains, but man this is brutal, one minute a coin is 50% up and the next...currently 60% down at stratis

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Native TOR+OBFS4  ●  Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon!  ●  Ghost Protocol  ●  Available on Bisq.io
XSPEC Slack  ◆   Website  ◆  Twitter  ◆  Facebook  ◆  Reddit  ◆  Telegram
sensimilia

Activity: 702
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:44:40 PM

I personally wouldn't sell at such big losses.
It depends on the project of course, but I think the good alts will go up again, just a matter of time.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████         █████████████       █████            ▄██████████████████████▄▄
█████████████         █████████████     ▄███████▄       ▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████         █████████████   ▄███████████▄    ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████         █████████████ ▄█████▀  ▀█████▄  ▄███████████▀        ▀██████████▄
████████████▀         █████████████ █████▀     ██████▄████████████▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████          █████████████ ████        ████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
████████████          ████████████████▀    ▄     ████▀████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████▄       ▄█████████████▄██▀    ▄█▄     ▀███ ████████████████████████████▄
 █████████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████     ▄███▄     ▀███ ▀████████████████████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▄███     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█████▄▄▀▀▀▀█████████████████████▄
    ▀████████████████████████▄███▀                   ▀████████▄       ▀▀██████████████
        ▀▀██████████████▀▀▄▄██████     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█████████          ████████████▀
          ██████████████ ██████████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████ ▀█████████████████████████████████████▀████▄▄▄█████████████▀
          ██████████████   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀ ███████████████████▀
          ██████████████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████████████████▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.bet
   $200   
 BONUS 
    100% BONUS FOR 
 EVERY DEPOSIT 
[]
rube08

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:46:21 PM

Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

Depends.  What alcoins were they?  A lot of people sold altcoins in hoping for additional bitcoin gold coins when the fork happens.  If they are reputable altcoins, hold them and they should go back up.
feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:47:22 PM

Well, there is strategy called Average down! If you had been using the strategy you may not have lost so much. It is not late now. Double the units you have in all these coin. Any 10 % to 20% increase in price will automatically put you in profit! Keep buying the deep and you won't lose a dime at the end of the day!

Tipstar

Activity: 1778
Merit: 281

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:49:43 PM

Don't panic, Stratis and Siacoin still have hopes to rise so it's better to hold them. Digibyte is struggling.
It's a similar situation for most of the altcoin traders now. So, try to keep a comparable portion of your investment in bitcoin.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Joe-Niner

Activity: 130
Merit: 145

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:55:59 PM

Well, there is strategy called Average down! If you had been using the strategy you may not have lost so much. It is not late now. Double the units you have in all these coin. Any 10 % to 20% increase in price will automatically put you in profit! Keep buying the deep and you won't lose a dime at the end of the day!
A sound strategy, the more it goes down the more you buy.  Though only if it is a solid project.  If it's a crap project on a temp pump it may never return to where it was and bleed forever.
krypt0n1

Activity: 238

🔵 Brickblock.io - Future of Stock Trading

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 05:01:58 PM

I know it can be difficult but consider it a lesson (whether it be on better strategies, implementing stop losses, or just having patience), but I would hold at this point. They could go down even further but selling at an 80 percent loss would be something that I would avoid. I never really looked deep into sia or dgb during the hype because they were already pumping and my initial glance over them didn't reveal anything impressive. Saying that, that was months ago and they could have updated roadmaps or better teams/communities. Stratis on the other hand is a very sound project and I definitely expect it to go up. It's extremely undervalued at it's current price. During the next alt rally, it will be one to hold IMO.

VanDerWaals

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 05:02:28 PM

There is some possibility that there coins will rise again so now you hold. I always try to take back my initial investment as soon as possible and I am holding rest of coins.
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 05:04:07 PM

You are not the only one xp

Most crypto trader i believe which are here in Bitcointalk, does not trade on BTC only.

Personally, my portfolio has 0% BTC and all ALTS

I can say my Portfolio value just dropped almost 55%-60%, but BTC raised 10-20%, so its around 40%

Personally i am looking at long term, so i am holding Smiley
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 05:14:20 PM

I think as long as the alts that you have invested in are sound and you look forward to following their technology in some way then you shouldn't panic.
At times like these, Just follow the technical progress and try to get to know about it a bit deeply. Though, if you are only in this for trading and getting to the moon, then this must be pretty hard. Take heart in the knowledge that Stratis and Sia are both promising projects that have been delivering consistently. Holding long term will surely get you even or into a profit.

Although one lesson we can all take from this bloodbath is....
ALWAYS...ALWAYS HOLD ONTO SOME PART OF YOUR BITCOIN..ITS THE BOSS.. Cheesy
sapusapu

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 05:17:02 PM

You must be patient for many time. You must believe that digibyte, stratis, and siacoin will rising again. So, you can hold it Smiley
iluvpie60

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 05:18:32 PM

Hey there

The best thing  to do is to hold my friend .

Bitcoin has 2 hard forks happenin. Oct 25th and another Nov something. Once both of those hardforks are done people will buy back into the altcoins and the prices will go back up again.

No need to fear. Just lots of people are selling out of their altcoins now for Bitoin and Eth update.

LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 16719

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 05:22:17 PM

You should realize why altcoins are created: they're created to get your Bitcoins! Whoever sold you their made up altcoins got his profit.

I've got some alts too (but luckily mostly Bitcoin), and I too saw 80% of the value disappear. I'm holding. History shows altcoins usually go up again at some point. Unless the altcoins are totally forgotten, as the creators can just create the next hype to get your Bitcoins.

CrypticSatu

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 05:25:39 PM

Now is the worst time to sell. I would hold Stratis, that is still good project.
coingrow

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 05:33:34 PM

What do you mean by lost? Its just a shake out, could be a long one though. Remember, nothing is lost till you have actually sold your alts. hold em tight!

Jvanmulders

Activity: 46
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 05:35:15 PM

I feel your pain I am down 20% not 80% but every day they go down more.
I have Ten X, OMG, OK Cash and Waves.

The only one I doubt about is OK Cash it was an impulsive buy but I am only in for 180$ so still ok.
I will wait for November and forget about October.

Just try to do the same if possible stop looking to much and stop thinking about the loss and plan the future life ke in december i want x amount for this coin februari I need a profit of x etc ....

If you believe in the project you'll get the money back sometimes these coins go up 20% and more a day so it should be alright but don't sell try to buy a bit more around the 20th of October and set a first amount check the 15th of November.

Hope this helps

ElmetElmet

Activity: 218

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 05:35:43 PM

You don't loose as long as you don't sell at loss. Alts are down by 80% since you bought them, they may be +500 % within two months. Once the hard fork drama is over and people realize that they sold at half the price they bought just to get a worthless airdrop, they will start panic buying. I don't want you to be one of them.
HODL!
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 05:39:04 PM

Hey there

One more thing..Go for the Sig-campaigns and Airdrops if you can join. There's the DeepOnion forum and airdrop..That project has a lot of momentum and good milestones from the team..
shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 05:41:53 PM

I will not sell if I were you. After the forks, altcoins should recover. The three coins are still constantly developing, I will continue to hold them.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 90 »
  Print  

Jump to: