Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 08:35:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 90 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I lost 80% of my bitcoins in alts, What can I do now?!  (Read 21857 times)
anasso

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 08:19:25 PM

the devs are the winners!

they got bitcoins and eth from ICO and they have reserve fund to buy bitcoins in exchanges!

if the project take off it's good for all and if not no matters!

JaFa

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 08:21:44 PM

If you really want to live life on the wild side, you could try selling your alt coins now to buy back cheaper tomorrow.  As long as bitcoin keeps going up the alts SHOULD keep going down.  It's a risky maneuver though, as the alt rebound could occur at any time.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1723

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 08:24:45 PM

Bitcoin is like a blue chip stock. Very stable but gains aren't as high as penny stocks.

Alts are like Penny stocks. Very unstable and volatile but if you get in at the right time you can see 1000% gains.
HardFireMiner

Activity: 872
Merit: 120

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 08:41:44 PM

Even if you will sell at a loss, the money won't be lost if you take a lesson from this venture:

1) Always hold Bitcoin, Bitcoin proved it's worth to be held and it is also profitable.
2) Always have a stop loss, no matter the instrument you trade, if it doesn't go how you plan, stop loss, wait for it to fall and buy when you see a powerful buy signal.
3) Investing in crypto is interesting and also very easy for me - right now the BTC dominance is 54%, I always keep at least the percent BTC is dominating in BTC, the rest in alts. What alts to choose is everybody's choice so I won't comment your chosen coins.

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
rainbow169

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 08:42:20 PM

same here, but we invest alts not for the stable returns as in Bitcoin but for the opportunity to get 10x or more, so will have to take the risk of losing 10x too. It's a matter of getting the ratio right, just put the stuff that you are willing to risk in the alts.
Iminvest

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 08:44:24 PM

I hope all your alts were not scams.. in this case, I would recommend to wait until the btc fork and then they should start growing
boranes

Activity: 644
Merit: 253

Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 08:49:32 PM

Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

What can I do, HOLD or Sell or What!
From what I see you have 2 options here:
1) Sell all altcoins and lose 80% of your money
2) Hold them and hope they will be pumped one day and then sell them.
It is only your decision, nobody here can make this call except you.

░░░░░▄██░██░██▄        ████████████████▄     ███▄░░░░░░░▄███
░░░▄███▀░██░▀███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████     ▀████░░░░░████▀
░▄███▀░░░██░░░▀███▄  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███     ░▀████░░░████▀░
▄███▀░░░░██░░░░▀███▄ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███     ░░▀██▀░▄████▀░░
███▀░░░░░██░░░░░▀███ ░░░█████████████▀     ░░░▀░▄█████▀░░░
████░░░░░██░░░░░████ ░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀         ░░░▄███████▄░░░
▀████░░░░░░░░░░████▀ ░░░░░░░░░░░████         ░░▄████░████▄░░
░▀████░░░░░░░░████▀   ░░░░░░░░░░░░████       ░▄████░░░████▄░
░░░▀███▄░░░░▄███▀       ░░░░░░░░░░░░░████     ▄████░░░░░████▄
░░░░░  ██████▀           ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██     ███▀░░░░░░░▀███
The Future of Gaming Comission
FreeGames And Items Exchange
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DroidR17A

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 08:52:12 PM

A) Double check USD vs BTC rates, even though they are worth less BTC, they may be worth more USD (so you can cash out USD [or your local fiat] and buy back after the segwit2x fork).

B) Setup a stop/limit on your fav exchange and use a bot sell them at your chosen price so you don't miss the short window when they spike.
cryptomato

Activity: 180

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 08:58:42 PM

I'm really sorry to hear that mate. I know how it feels exactly. I believe at this point best thing to hold them as they already lost %80, if they will crash let them crash, otherwise you'll get your money back.
eleck

Activity: 16

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:52:33 PM

From a person that went to 1000% initial investment to 33% initial investment, best thing is to hold, and always pay attention to any news on your investments.
To know if things are going well or not.
subG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 12:22:11 AM

The market has been very brutal to altcoins this week.  I would suggest riding it out since you haven't lost anything yet by not selling.  Bitcoin can not be in the spotlight forever and eventually altcoins will shine again.  By selling now you might end up with a higher than 80% loss if you do not cash out to fiat.  There's a good chance bitcoin will drop after or even before the fork. 
CryptoRobert

Activity: 1015
Merit: 289

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 12:24:28 AM

It has happened also to me in 2014 and I holded and I got back my money + a lot of gain this spring.
It has happened to me again now, even though not 80%, and I will hold.
When you lose 80% of everything you have very little lo lose left (just 20%), so holding is the only option. Sooner or later you will likely get back your investment. If you sell, you will save 20% for sure, but you will lose 80% for sure, and you will never get it back.
surfinonmyownwavebaby

Activity: 252
Merit: 104

Decentralized Ecosystem for User-Generated Content

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 12:26:43 AM

Dang buying the top will destroy you instantly. Ask yourself this do you need the money right away? If so I would say sell it. If not and you have managed your portfolio correctly you shouldnt have 100% of your wealth in there.

As a result you have some leeway and can hold on for atleast a few more months. The storm should be about over but we never know for certain as this market is volatile and unpredictable.

R E O S         [   A BLOCKCHAIN-BASED ECOSYSTEM FOR USER-GENERATED CONTENT   ]     JOIN NOW!
Introducing REOSchain™   |  The blockchain that digs out the true value of social media content

WHITEPAPER                    TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                     LINKEDIN                     GITHUB
Wyre08

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 12:37:50 AM

After you're down that much, unless you need the money for something else, I'd hold and see what happens. If you're actively trading you need to use stop losses to avoid such circumstances.
CoinCollector006

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 12:39:32 AM

I agree with others its best to HODL your positions, hopefully you did not put on your full position size from the get go and now you can dollar cost average at lower prices if you still have faith in the position. So maybe you put on a 400$ position initially and now you are down 80% so its only worth $80. At current prices you can increase your position size meaningfully for very small capital if you feel the development roadmap and strength of the team merits investing additional capital.

My other recommendation is to look closely at your alt coins and see if you have any Proof of Stake coins I would stake them so that you earn rewards by securing the network while you wait for prices to appreciate again. A number of well known coins allow you to stake including Lisk, Ark, Reddcoin, Waves, Radium, etc. You mentioned Stratis, this coin should allow you to earn some staking income. Here is a staking calculator https://www.stratispool.com

░▓██████████████░
    ░▒██            ▒██▒░         ▓█████▓                               ░█████▒               ███                   
█████▓░     ██████░   ▒▓████      ██░░░▓█▓                             ▒███▒▓███              ███                     
██        █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█▓▒    ██     ▒█▓    ██                             ███   ▒██▒                                 
▓█      ░█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓█░  █▓     ▓█▒   ▒█▓  ░████▓    █████   ░█████▓  ██▓    ██▓  ███████▓   ▓██   ▒█████▓   ███████▓
░█░    ░█▓▒▒░░░░░▒ ░▒██  ░█░     ██    ██░  ██  ▓█▒  ██░ ▒█▓  ▓█▓  ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███▒ ▓███  ███  ▒██▓ ▒██▒  ███▒ ▓███
 ██    ██▒░░░▒▒ ░░▒▒▓█▒  ██     ▒█▓    ██  ██   ▒█▒ ▓█░   █▓  ██   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███   ███
 ▒█░ ░▒█▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ░█▒     ▓█░   ▒█▓  ███████  ███████░ ░█▓   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
  ██ ░██▓▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒░░░█░ ██      ██    ██░ ▒█▓░▒░░  ░█▓░▒░░░  ▓█░  ▒█▒  ██▓    ██▓  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
   ██  █▓██▓▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓█▒ ██      ▒█▓   ░██  ██       ▓█░       ██   ██   ███   ▒██▒  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███  ░███
    ██    ▒▓███████▓  ██       ██▒  ▒██   ██  ░██  ▓█░  ██░ ░██  ▓█▓   ▓██▓▒▒███   ███  ░███  ███  ░██▓░▓██▒  ███  ░███
     ██░       ░    ░██        ██████▓    ▒█████   ░█████░  ▓█████▓     ▒█████▓    ███  ░███  ███   ▒█████▒   ███  ░███
      ▒██          ██▒                                      ██                                                   
        ▒██░     ▓██                                       ▒█▓                                                         
          ▓██░ ▓██░                                        ██░                                                         
            ▒██▓
Tor Integrated & Secured
eance

Activity: 402

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 12:46:09 AM

Well As I said b4, education is key to this game. Always add stop loss to your trades. Unbelievable ppl... educate yourself b4 daytrade, swing trade, invest. There is many tools you can use to easily avoid what sadly happened to the OP.
yillusion

Activity: 280
Merit: 122

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 12:46:47 AM

sad for you op, the cryptos are high risk, and i suffer great loss these days too, the only thing i plan to do is to hold the coins to wait for the chance, trading may lead to another loss if you are not skillful
mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 01:01:00 AM

Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

What can I do, HOLD or Sell or What!
Buy more or hold all coin
because lost 80%  Let's assume that you are gone, so that and not care a time
kloudz79

Activity: 36

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2017, 01:46:46 AM

HOLD.... or lose it all.

when invest we know the we'll profit or loss. just that... or only you have your money back but you have to wait....

thats what i think...  Grin
simrac

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 01:56:10 AM

If you sell altcoin , you will lose everything , you bought altcoins that you didn't research about them , dev team , roadmap ,and now you need  do again

Choose invest good altcoins or just buy only bitcoin , i guess you just trade bitcoin,  or hold bitcoin long term it will helpful for you.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 90 »
  Print  

Jump to: