Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:24:32 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 90 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I lost 80% of my bitcoins in alts, What can I do now?!  (Read 21857 times)
Slowhand26

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 02:25:03 AM

Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

What can I do, HOLD or Sell or What!

Never put your emotions on trading especially in a volatile market like Crypto. I want to think that before you invested, you prepared your self to "lose" those amount and will not affect your financial status, right? if so, just let it play on the market, don't sell yet, one day whales of your coins will pump it and that's the time you will enjoy the fruit of your earnings
hawkins

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 02:38:22 AM

well, for now, you have to be patient, and try again. it may be very bad to lose 80% of the bitcoin you have. but, I do not think you're the only one who feels it's a friend. I've also felt that way, and all you can do is be patient, and try again.
0t3p0t

Activity: 1596
Merit: 357

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 03:19:56 AM

Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

The best thing you can do now is to hold and wait for the right timing. If you believe the value of those altcoins you invested in will bounce back then fight for it take note that patience is virtue. Sometimes holding altcoins as long term investment may give us a better profit but not all we need to select the right one to avoid loss. Control your emotion don't do stupid decissions if you don't want to end up with the word like "regret".

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
thepo1m

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:15:35 AM

I still believe the downward direction will still continue until Febuary next year, so if you want to get out now, do when you can or you hold on to your investment which is no sin
richjohn

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:21:30 AM

Selling at 80% loss isn't advisable as it will get you nothing. What more can happen is 100% loss that is impossible unless value goes to zero. So, it is better to hold right now and all those coins have huge potential to recover at least by next year. So, forget about them as for now and have patience. The biggest mistake you did was to have a portfolio entirely of Altcoins. Always have 50% of Bitcoin and 50% of altcoins in your portfolio. Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency that has the highest chance of survival in the market as it is the most famous and adoptable currency. Never ever put your whole investment only in altcoins.
yoonah

Activity: 231

Presale is live!

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:36:26 AM

I think its not a good idea to sell your coins with 80% loss that is too much to take, better hold your coins those are good coins maybe next year new ath is coming and you will recover. So just be patient and stay calm.

HansWermhat

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:37:39 AM

Just forget about them for 1 year, and then come back and look.
civilufo

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:55:14 AM

There always high risk in crypto coin investment. You just invested in the wrong timing, all you can do now it hodl till it rised. All the best to you.

miyong

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 05:44:49 AM

Hey there

For me, i will hold it until all your investment rise again and you can have your profit. Lossing 80% was not easy but if you have a lot of patience you will not get any losses but a profit but it takes time.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
Paycoinzzz

Activity: 994
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 05:53:38 AM

Hey there

The best thing you can do now is to hold and wait for the right timing. If you believe the value of those altcoins you invested in will bounce back then fight for it take note that patience is virtue. Sometimes holding altcoins as long term investment may give us a better profit but not all we need to select the right one to avoid loss. Control your emotion don't do stupid decissions if you don't want to end up with the word like "regret".
Maybe, some altcoins can not recover after a long time as few years.
Example CLAM, Steem, LBRY, ... are these coins can not recover to old highest price of last year till today.
You can check again the highest price of these coin in last year, then compare to current price and please consider continue to hold or need to take lose and begin again.
commandments

Activity: 9

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 05:59:45 AM

Today, with breakthrough of $ 6000, I also lost 40% of the maximum BTC Cry
Rinaze

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 06:11:18 AM

There's a saying around that advise never sell when in loss and continue to HODL!! Then again, the traditional investment advice would be to cut losses early than to lose everything. This brings us back to another advise that anyone should have considered before investing in cryptocurrency, never invest more than you can lose. So if it's an amount that you can afford to lose.. HODL to the end!!!

endlasuresh

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 06:25:14 AM

Hold them for some time and see how the prices will effect. Also the one you bought are good coins so wait till the fork update.
Don't take much pressure on you and concentrate with other coins and Bitcoin too as they may bring some profits.

For Telugu Translation Contact to me
cryptofunn

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 06:27:14 AM

I think that losing a large part of the deposit is a problem of 80% of all,
who is here. This is also a great lesson for me. Hold 50-60% of your deposit in bitcoins, then the entire deposit, at least, will be saved. Do not give up, you're not alone))

TrueAnon
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 06:40:44 AM

you're in a bit of a pickle but believe me many others are in your situation. holding is the best way not to lose 80%. I'm sure stratis will recover some time next year and make you a lot of money. DGB i don't really know... If they do not become successful at all you can always hope it gets pumped and dumped by a group and still make some money. Just try not to sell at a lower price than the price you initially paid.
shamzblueworld

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 06:45:08 AM

Hey there

Right there with you mate, I also bought Ripple, Nem and DGB when bitcoin was lower than 2K, now its above 6K, obviously huge losses at the moment.
But I think only option for us is now holding, selling at such huge losses won't be a good option.
So lets just wait and hope for the best, maybe in a few month or a year or so, the alt rise again.
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 06:47:44 AM

Investment risk : Never put all your eggs in one basket.

This is definitely correct rule and the most important rule, if OP put most money in bitcoin or ethereum, he would not lose so much, altcoins are very risky.
HODLing may generally not apply to some shitcoins and unless the OP is sure the coin he is holding has potential to rise back fast after the fork then he should hold. Otherwise if he is holding some shitcoins that has probably gone totally down the drain and there is still chance to sell, I will advise he sells it and buy a potential coin at a very low price now so as to recover back after the fork quickly. Just my own opinion.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
cOoper_@yden19

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 07:49:54 AM

Hey there

mostly who investing in alt coins that people never get to loss but few times it may happens. so nothing to worry about it. you have to try to invest in bit coin seriously, bit coin has great demand present so once try it. then you getting more profit and you have chance to cover your alt coins loss in bit coin. so invest in bit coin trading. one of the good and easy way to invest and also bit coin has great security power so nothing will happens to your coin.you have to buy eth coins also. and both are keep hold few months or years then you get profit.
StreakW

Activity: 1221
Merit: 107

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 07:52:30 AM

i dont know bro, maybe u hold after the price same like when u buy it
or sell it now and start trading to other altcoin.  up to you bro

dee838

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 08:03:52 AM

atleast 60% ppl are in the same situation , hold it as long u can or else try to sell in less loss , always use stop loss for future trading

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 90 »
  Print  

Jump to: