Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:38:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 90 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I lost 80% of my bitcoins in alts, What can I do now?!  (Read 21857 times)
sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:46:28 AM

Just hold the coins for better investment in the future. They might have potential in the next generation.

DroidR17A

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:44:55 PM

Well, if you followed the advice of those (like me) that said HODL, you're probably smiling today given the market's tilt back to alts. Hope you didn't sell at a loss.
sensimilia

Activity: 702
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:51:24 PM

Good alts will almost always bounce back, I hope this is the case for you as well, but if not I would just take it as a learning experience.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████         █████████████       █████            ▄██████████████████████▄▄
█████████████         █████████████     ▄███████▄       ▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████         █████████████   ▄███████████▄    ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████         █████████████ ▄█████▀  ▀█████▄  ▄███████████▀        ▀██████████▄
████████████▀         █████████████ █████▀     ██████▄████████████▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████          █████████████ ████        ████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
████████████          ████████████████▀    ▄     ████▀████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████▄       ▄█████████████▄██▀    ▄█▄     ▀███ ████████████████████████████▄
 █████████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████     ▄███▄     ▀███ ▀████████████████████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▄███     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█████▄▄▀▀▀▀█████████████████████▄
    ▀████████████████████████▄███▀                   ▀████████▄       ▀▀██████████████
        ▀▀██████████████▀▀▄▄██████     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█████████          ████████████▀
          ██████████████ ██████████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████ ▀█████████████████████████████████████▀████▄▄▄█████████████▀
          ██████████████   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀ ███████████████████▀
          ██████████████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████████████████▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.bet
   $200   
 BONUS 
    100% BONUS FOR 
 EVERY DEPOSIT 
[]
maianh09

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:54:18 PM

I think you should keep up to 3-6 months anymore you will have words not to sell now if you sell you will lose all you should throw away and do your work in a few months you go back to the account sure you will surprise
ASICHEAD

Activity: 552
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:29:47 PM

Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

What can I do, HOLD or Sell or What!

mostly who investing in alt coins that people never get to loss but few times it may happens. so nothing to worry about it. you have to try to invest in bit coin seriously, bit coin has great demand present so once try it. then you getting more profit and you have chance to cover your alt coins loss in bit coin. so invest in bit coin trading. one of the good and easy way to invest and also bit coin has great security power so nothing will happens to your coin.you have to buy eth coins also. and both are keep hold few months or years then you get profit.
Honestly, you are just saying about theory, but when you trading, you will understand predict and confirm a cryptocurrency really has power and good future is very hard. Bitcoin and Ethereum do not guarantee these cryptocurrencie can have good price in future. So, just holding like your said, I will use that amount to saving can be better Cheesy

▄███▄
███████▄
██████▀██▄
█████▄  ▀██▄
████▀  ▄  ▀██▄
███▄ ▄██▀   ▀
██████▀  ▄█▄
███████▄█████▄
███████████████▄
████████████████▀
█████████▀
███████▀
 ▀███▀
Safein     
.M A K E   I S I M P L E.
A   R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   W A Y   T O   P A Y   O N L I N E
[WHITEPAPER]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████▀░░░░░▐████
███████████████░░░░░░░▐████
██████████████▌░░░▐████████
███████████░░░░░░░░░░░█████
███████████░░░░░░░░░░▐█████
▀█████████████▌░░░▐███████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████▀███████▀░░░▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌░░▀▀███▌░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
███████▄▄░░░░░░░░▄█████████
██████▄░░░░░░░▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀░░░░███████
████████▀▀▀░░░▄▀░░░████████
█████▄░░░░░▄█▀░░░░░████████
████████▄░█▀░░░░░░█████████
█████████▌▐░░░░░░░█████████
██████████░▄██▄░░██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
A
▬▬

█▄▄
██████▄▄
██████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄▄
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀
██████████████▀▀
██████████▀▀
██████▀▀
█▀▀
.GET IT ON               
Google Play
iLatios

Activity: 327

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:02:18 PM

To my mind, there is no use to sell altcoins when the price is much less than it has been before. It's better to wait when the price is higher. Also you can change Bitcoin into fiat, because the price is going down and buy it again. It can help you to make a profit.

█        ★★★★★ TrustedCars Flex ★★★★★      
     │ ★★★★★ Changing Car Ownership Forever ★★★★★ │     
█  Website Token Sale up to 25% Bonus ANN Thread Telegram │ 
Scuds31091

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:04:18 PM

Get it back! Based on the last two rises, this one looks like it should be crossing into the $1.00 range and continue up towards $1.50 or higher. We've already seen a sharp rise from $0.30 to $0.60 over the last two weeks... there's still plenty of room to double your money at least by getting in now. The future of Spectre looks bright!

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=XSPEC_BTC

clrpod

Activity: 322
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:05:27 PM

To my mind, there is no use to sell altcoins when the price is much less than it has been before. It's better to wait when the price is higher. Also you can change Bitcoin into fiat, because the price is going down and buy it again. It can help you to make a profit.

Simple case of buy low and sell high again, the difficulty is that OP bought high so he has put himself in a difficult situation. For me in these times I try to forget what price I bought at and simply decide if it is a good time to be buying or selling, if it's good to buy I hold, if not I sell.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
QFT

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:07:48 PM

Simple case of buy low and sell high again, the difficulty is that OP bought high so he has put himself in a difficult situation. For me in these times I try to forget what price I bought at and simply decide if it is a good time to be buying or selling, if it's good to buy I hold, if not I sell.

I feel if you bought high and the prices are now low, it's obviously not a good time for selling. Unless you have enough money and don't care.
TheBobman

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:11:56 PM

If bitcoin will fall maybe these coins will give you your money back, because always when bitcoin is falling altcoins will rise up. This is happening nearly always so you can expect it.

Dogecoin that its a jokecoin has also rise a now bit thanks that bitcoin is now falling.
cryptomato

Activity: 180

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:18:48 PM

Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

mostly who investing in alt coins that people never get to loss but few times it may happens. so nothing to worry about it. you have to try to invest in bit coin seriously, bit coin has great demand present so once try it. then you getting more profit and you have chance to cover your alt coins loss in bit coin. so invest in bit coin trading. one of the good and easy way to invest and also bit coin has great security power so nothing will happens to your coin.you have to buy eth coins also. and both are keep hold few months or years then you get profit.

that is true, most of the time losing does not happen but when it happens it is upsetting I know, sorry to hear that. as 80 percent seems like already gone I would keep it at this point I guess.
hdtqisg

Activity: 686

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:20:46 PM

Buy more if you can, but this purchase should not have a big impact on your life! Buy the altcoin you are interested in and think it is promising
fabi90

Activity: 204
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:01:45 PM

Personally i am looking at long term, so i am holding.
I have a almost 95% of alt coins in my portfolio but I chose Alt with big marketcap so I strongly believe that they will recover their original value.
Iamlegit4sure

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

💲

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:06:01 PM

Hey there

since you already lost, i think holding is the only option

khan149
Copper Member

Activity: 463
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:07:31 PM

Hey there

I think it would be better to hold.If you do not have patience in the crypto world, you can not make good profits.Do not be impatient because of decreasing the coins.These coins are very good coins.If you hold this year, hopefully you can make good profits
qero

Activity: 476
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:10:52 PM

Sell them if you want to be an idiot.
terbetet

Activity: 240

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:13:17 PM

Hey there

That was really an awful scenario where you are into right now. Well, in that situation I think it will be best if you will still HODL into your investment on those coins until you can regain what you have spent on it. The next time you were going to buy with the use of your bitcoin, just assure that you will still save a little bit and assure that your decided type of investment will be suited for your part to avoid having this scenario once again.

Cacingkemi

Activity: 1484
Merit: 516

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:17:47 PM

If bitcoin will fall maybe these coins will give you your money back, because always when bitcoin is falling altcoins will rise up. This is happening nearly always so you can expect it.

Dogecoin that its a jokecoin has also rise a now bit thanks that bitcoin is now falling.
Simple if the BTC falls albeit slightly then the ALT rises,it's often the case that you are right now ALT is moving forward but I think it will not last long.See all ALT simultaneously move up as now there is only 1 possibility of whale being on ALT is quite profitable to sell now even though only a little profit.

mysacrifice

Activity: 364
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:22:45 PM

I feel if you bought high and the prices are now low, it's obviously not a good time for selling. Unless you have enough money and don't care.

I can imagine how stressful it is. It is the main idea of investing / trading. buy low and sell high but sometimes you are caught to traps. if I'd lose %80 percent, I would probably hold it for future maybe it rises up.
cryptopusa

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:30:28 PM

This is the reason why my mentor taught me to stay 60l40 ratio of my portfolio 60 for my BTC and 40 for the alts.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 90 »
  Print  

Jump to: