Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:45:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 90 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I lost 80% of my bitcoins in alts, What can I do now?!  (Read 21857 times)
valyaroma

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:53:42 PM

Market always fluctuates and it's better to hold your coins till the market is stable.
xarly1

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:56:06 PM

Good evening my friend . My advice I would keep these assets ,it is not necessary to sell them . My opinion is that they will grow ,but maybe not to the heights
Thegreentree

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:01:52 PM

Altcoins fluctuate a lot you never know which one will be the winner.
Maet1212

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:07:28 PM

I hope the original poster held, he'd have a LOT of BTC worth of alts right now... It's so fun reading these old posts in light of recent developments.
Lerikaweb

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:07:35 PM

Hold it at least until you have you deposit back. I read lots of such posts and still surprised that so many people risk so much.

DRK Defi| The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain In Decentralized Finance
────── The Epicenter of the DeFi Ecosystem ──────
WebsiteDraken ExchangeDrakenXTelegramTwitterFacebook
ReLieD

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:09:12 PM

Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

What can I do, HOLD or Sell or What!
Panic sell is probably the worst option which people do when they don't understand what to do . If given a proper guidance to such people then they can even use that money to make huge profits in future. Like in your case if you have lost so much already then it's better to hold . Like withdrawing that small amount left wont change anything

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█          ▄         ▄      ▄▄▄▄▄
█       ▄███      ▄███      █████
█        ████      ████     ▀▀▀▀▀
█         ████      ████
█          ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█           █████████████████████
█            ▀█████▄   ▀█████▄
█              ▀█████▀   ▀█████▀
█                 ▀▀        ▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Latrix

Activity: 137

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:09:41 PM

selling them now will be like throwing your bitcoin into the ocean, just dont bother your alts for half a year and check it out. might surprise you.
Bitcoinfog

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:22:58 PM

Sia and Digibyte have reached new heights recently, hope your patience has paid off.
sandaru

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:32:17 PM

I don't know whether you sold thenm or not .But you have  bought the good coins that time and its your bad luck that the market of these coins dropped sharply even I am also holding Digibyte & Stratis & I have no plans to sell these coins in hurry... I wont book losses. Be patience to hold these coins and I am thinking these both coins will rise again in future & I would suggest you to buy more in lows & calculate the average and then sell at profit..
axiline

Activity: 462
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:41:57 PM

If you want to profit from trading, you should not think that "you want my money back," because loss is a loss, and she's gone. You can not get your money back, because you did not lose money by someone, you just had a bad decision and mistakenly made you lose money. Earn more profits and start again, that's all.
jekyde

Activity: 252
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:00:05 PM

It's better to hold than sell it then lose too much. Selling will not do anything good because I know that there will be a time that bitcoin will either have a correction or stabilized and its growth will slow that will give chance for altcoins to recover or gain more.
Koobtcgal

Activity: 714

Acewins.io

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 08:07:09 PM

Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

What can I do, HOLD or Sell or What!
As an investor and trader, I will recommend a hodl because 80% lost is way too much to still be thinking about those coins. Hodl and take it a a 100% lost, and go on with life. After all, life continues. If the boom one day, you are  lucky Cheesy or if not, just relax

bribed

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:08:47 PM

I suffered kind of the same losses as OP did. I bought Siacoin and Digitbyte when it was trading at its all time high over six months ago. After prices crashed and the bear market for alts began I had no other option than to hold onto my investment (as panic selling is not my style). I still hold my positions in both coins and am pleased that just holding through the bitter times has payed off again. Im in profits with both coins now.
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:19:47 PM

I understand your feeling about losing, but this is how cryptocurrency works. You win some, you lose some. That's part of the game man. But hey, don't feel about it. If you think 80% of your altcoins are losing, it's better to #HODL them for long term.

That's what I do in case they are falling and not pumping a bit, I choose to hold them until they start gain traction in the market. Just don't worry about the assets you've invested, it's normal.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
nitrousteam

Activity: 154
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:21:14 PM

The best solution is to move the panic aside. Try to stay calm and think about your investment properly. Cryptos are fluctuating and changing a lot and if you keep your altcoins a little longer maybe the situation can change for you. Don't make another mistake and invest this 20 percent, that your altcoins are valued now, in something that can bring you even more losses. There can be the change of the tide and your investment can get back to start point. When you invested in your altcoins you had the plan and I believe that plan was for long-term holding. Try to keep your altcoins little longer because there is the possibility that your altcoins will grow in value again. If you sell them and they rise to the initial value and even more you will have a big regret about your actions in the end.

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS             
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
HoundRogerson

Activity: 226
Merit: 10

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:21:30 PM

I think you need to keep them, i personally try not to sell in the negative balance sheet, wait for growth worse already probably will not

▓▓▓█████████████████████████████░░          UBEX          ░░█████████████████████████████▓▓▓
▓██████████████████░░          Global Decentralized Advertising Exchange          ░░██████████████████▓
▓███░   • Telegram  • Facebook  • ANN Thread  • Youtube  • LinkedIn  • Twitter • Medium  • Reddit  • Github   ░███▓
orcuncanli

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:27:54 PM

its so hard for them to reach their bitcoin value again but 80 per cent is too much .hodl bit longer maybe you will recover your loss , some of them at least
ASICHEAD

Activity: 552
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:16:25 PM

I think you need to keep them, i personally try not to sell in the negative balance sheet, wait for growth worse already probably will not
If I want to take loss, I will take loss below 5% total loss in my funds, I never want to take loss ~80% for total my capital. But it depends on your situation, I think you can still decide to take loss if you are sure you can continue to lose 20% remain and lose all money.

▄███▄
███████▄
██████▀██▄
█████▄  ▀██▄
████▀  ▄  ▀██▄
███▄ ▄██▀   ▀
██████▀  ▄█▄
███████▄█████▄
███████████████▄
████████████████▀
█████████▀
███████▀
 ▀███▀
Safein     
.M A K E   I S I M P L E.
A   R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   W A Y   T O   P A Y   O N L I N E
[WHITEPAPER]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████▀░░░░░▐████
███████████████░░░░░░░▐████
██████████████▌░░░▐████████
███████████░░░░░░░░░░░█████
███████████░░░░░░░░░░▐█████
▀█████████████▌░░░▐███████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████▀███████▀░░░▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌░░▀▀███▌░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
███████▄▄░░░░░░░░▄█████████
██████▄░░░░░░░▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀░░░░███████
████████▀▀▀░░░▄▀░░░████████
█████▄░░░░░▄█▀░░░░░████████
████████▄░█▀░░░░░░█████████
█████████▌▐░░░░░░░█████████
██████████░▄██▄░░██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
A
▬▬

█▄▄
██████▄▄
██████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄▄
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀
██████████████▀▀
██████████▀▀
██████▀▀
█▀▀
.GET IT ON               
Google Play
richan

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:23:20 PM

If you have faith in the project and believe in the track record of the team managers,then I will tell you to hold onto it for some time and forget about it. It will rise to your surprise.
btcCoincart

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:28:28 PM

Hold all the altcoins you bought until it getting higher price.
Because you hold them too long and lost 80%, now you can't stop loss anymore! Too much to lost.
Just hold them, and totally forget them. If you still get them in your mind, one day you will go to the market and continue to trade and it's not a good idea Smiley
Anyway, it's up to you, because that's your money, just try to avoid losing more money!
Peace!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 90 »
  Print  

Jump to: