Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:08:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 90 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I lost 80% of my bitcoins in alts, What can I do now?!  (Read 21855 times)
leea-1334

Activity: 2268
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 07:47:17 PM

What did you do? As your post was 4 months ago. Did you sell it or hold it?

Now the market is recovering from another situation like you describe... and I've experienced the same thing... I just hold, nothing else.

He seems active but I checked and he has not really posted much since December, talking about other coins. It is a coincidence that I also bought Sia and Digibyte around the same time (but not his third pick). I am surprised to learn he lost 80 % though, at my very worst I was down to 65 almost 70% true, but the last few weeks have made profit so I sold exactly all the coins I needed to regain invested Bitcoin and still have some small holdings of SIA and DGB.

So it was a phew moment for me, but man, it is not easy.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Raindez316

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 10:13:53 AM

Sorry for your lost. If you lose 80% of the account value the most reasonable thing to do is to reorganize your trading strategy. Up to this moment accept that you have failed yourself and vow to return by studying first the Trading strategy. Know the technical and fundamental analysis. This will be your guide for winning the crypts.
Paycoinzzz

Activity: 994
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:41:13 PM

What did you do? As your post was 4 months ago. Did you sell it or hold it?

Now the market is recovering from another situation like you describe... and I've experienced the same thing... I just hold, nothing else.

He seems active but I checked and he has not really posted much since December, talking about other coins. It is a coincidence that I also bought Sia and Digibyte around the same time (but not his third pick). I am surprised to learn he lost 80 % though, at my very worst I was down to 65 almost 70% true, but the last few weeks have made profit so I sold exactly all the coins I needed to regain invested Bitcoin and still have some small holdings of SIA and DGB.

So it was a phew moment for me, but man, it is not easy.
The highest price of DGB is higher than 2000 satoshi and SC is near 700 satoshi.
I also have invested both coins in June 2017, DGB at 1300 satoshi and SC at 660 satoshi, to be honest, after that big loss, I still hold both coin without profit, because these coins still do not increase higher than my buy price.
1 currency now

Activity: 235
Merit: 101

a sharp sword

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:57:19 PM

I always hold at least 50% of my money in bitcoin to avoid situations like this, because despite everything it is still the most reliable coin out there. I think 50% should be the baseline. If you love taking risks, you can go below that percentage; but I would advise against it.
Why do you have so much money in cryptocurrency? Don't you fee l that the price of all the coins could tank one day?

OG member.
Brian Ray
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 11:35:06 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2018, 11:45:09 PM by KingScorpio

Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

What can I do, HOLD or Sell or What!

bitcoin wont be able to maintain its value, it has no social purpose and wastes a lot of ressources, there is likely that movements of poor people that cant pay their electricity bills will one day attack and smash cryptomining facility if the energy consumption gets out of hand, and the time is changing at the beginning of the whole blockchain technology movement, no one was able to create a coin, except the bitcoin community that privileggedly mined it in mases,

today corporation teams and groups are able to create their own coins, and give that coin a purpose or even economic corporate obligations, so over time new people that meet or get into contact with bitcoin simply dont have an interest to promote it anymore. and things change drastically.

additionally what you miss is that currencies are also promises, people trust in, especially in terms of leadership investment and value security.

so dont worry about altcoins instead of Bitcoins and absolute dollar value, these indicators wont be important for long

regards

arthotdog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:41:02 PM

Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

thats a huge loss sad to hear that,but now that you have lost 80% of your funds then better to hold still,if theres a right time to sell it you should have done that when the loss was just 20% now theres no choice but to hold that alts and wait for pump that for sure will happen,but the only question is when.
uray

Activity: 1400
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:48:16 PM

Last year was a good time for bitcoin and people has diversified their investment into alts and hence majority of the people could not make use of the rally it had,hopefully we will see the alt coin market having a good rally and we will see that our investments will be on a positive note,as i have invested heavily in some coins and i am still waiting for a move as i am in a heavy loss at the moment.
theguvner

Activity: 40

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:54:49 PM

Well, investing in coins is too slow for my taste. It can take weeks before they take off and you see a profit.
If you want to multiply your investment, Pump&Dump yields a much faster profit.

These are the best Pump&Dump groups I've found in Discord:

Pump My Ride:
https://discord.gg/KWTehca
Community with Strategic Info and Tips for Interesting Coins - More Than 10 Pumps a Week

The Alt Pump:
https://discord.gg/TdsJzs2
Chats in Multiple Languages - 2/3 Pumps a Week

Pump to the Moon:
https://discord.gg/r37Xrhg
Informative Community with Strong Signals - Pumps Every Other Day

They pump up the price of coins you invest into, with very nice profits.

All groups set targets for their pumps and as they also advise, NEVER buy above the target and don’t be GREEDY. If done correctly you can make great profits, I personally make an average of +50% every pump.

You should be warning people more, a lot of these groups prebuy a huge stack before announcement of the pump and the followers end up buying those making the organiser and his buddies rich....
robhimself1

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

Missing the boat again

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:06:34 AM

It's always a boom and bust cycle, buy the dips obv but don't sell when it's dipping unless you really need the money, chances are it'll rise back up and break the old mark.

My original account "robhimself" was hijacked!
rexter

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:09:28 AM

That situation is sounds like crazy if you do your risk by losing about 80% of your Bitcoin you can sell it on that percentage value,but if i were you i will HOLD it keep tight don't such in a hurry it will go rise again in a few days.
Chrisjay29

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:41:45 AM
Last edit: January 22, 2018, 02:43:51 AM by Chrisjay29

Hey there

Will i suggest that you must hold it till your profit in investment value will rich the coin or above.Me i sell my coin if its triple my investment for secured profit and insured.for me triple profit is not a good but for me its okay as long my profit grow.
mammoniter

Activity: 574

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 12:52:34 AM

Hey there

Minimize your loss further by holding, if you sell your remaining coins then it you would end your investments with you just cutting your loss and with negative profit. Even though you lost 80% from your bitcoin investment it has a better chance of making profit by holding until it was able to reach a value that hopefully reach a number of  bitcoins more than what you have lost.

realsmans

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Transforming the Global Shipping Industry

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:44:51 AM

Just remember this lesson for whole life, exactly about diversification. Never try to make money on 1 thing, because, as you can make it, you can loose it.

Blockshipping  ────────────────────────────────────────────   Whitepaper   Telegram   Github
██  Transforming The Global Container Shipping Industry   ██████████████            Twitter    Facebook         
『 The ICO starts 14 May 2018 at 2 pm CET 』  ────────────────────   Reddit   Medium   ANN Thread   
faaty

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:50:02 AM

Altcoin increased and recovered in the last month. I hope you had recovered your losses if you stayed in the altcoins. Almost every altcoin is increased in this period, if you sold at top and took profit you should be fine. I am wondering if you share the final portfolio status with us.
From now on it is your risk to hold those altcoins or sell and hold bitcoin or fiat. This should be a good lesson for you, next time you may not be this lucky
john_nautica

Activity: 966
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:51:39 AM

I saw the portfolio and lost almost 50%! What should I do? "just hold" I'm sure this dark period will not last long, march-april they will return to normal and all issues can be resolved

chickenjoy

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

ICO Live! betterbetting.org

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:56:46 AM

I do not think and suggest that selling for now is a better idea.Just watch at the prices of your altcoins then if you wanted and decided to sell them in order for you to get back your initial investment then its up to you.

▬[  dClinic.io  ]▬   
▌ A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain  ▌
▬▬  PRE SALE ENDS 15th OCTOBER▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
Alpha0One1

Activity: 588
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:07:16 AM

Hey there

It's only a paper loss or crypto digital loss. Don't make it a realized lost for crying out loud, that's what those with weak hands do.
They buy high, then panic and sell low.

Crypto trading is a game of patience.
I have coins that I held for like 4+ months and just waited for their time to go up, it did and provided me 10x gain.

Nwaghor4u

Activity: 78

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:09:31 AM

We all are in similar position. Just hopeful things will change.
Acguy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:21:09 AM

You've invested into things that are the most volatile and known for pump and dumps in crypto. Don't expect much from them.

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
           ▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
ANN Thread     WhitePaper
Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
Pasadoble

Activity: 336
Merit: 7

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:24:00 AM

Hey there

difficult situation, but if you lost already such big amount than i think it is better to wait.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 90 »
  Print  

Jump to: