Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 01:38:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I lost 80% of my bitcoins in alts, What can I do now?!  (Read 21855 times)
suzanne5223

Activity: 2632
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2018, 01:33:35 PM

Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

What can I do, HOLD or Sell or What!

You have already lost 80% of your coins, and IMO you should try and save the remainder amount. At least convert half of what is remaining back to Bitcoin. I don't know how much you own, but just hope for a spike in the BTC exchange rate sometime after 2-3 years and hold on patiently until then.
I somehow supported what you said only if the coins which the OP invested in are coins that still does well in the market because the crypto market have changed since the last market correction and some coins since seems to be good for investment are no more.

bboyjohn

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 01:40:49 PM

I am in the same situation as you. I've lost more than 90%, not even 80%, and lost my money. If you can trade, you can increase the amount of coins you have with a trade. Or you can wait by saying hold Smiley

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
tranquangvinh

Activity: 546

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 02:12:12 PM

You should hold them and don't sell them now because now the market is in downtrend , If you still want to earn money from cryptocurrency market , you should hold them until the bull market appears .
Q2kc

Activity: 560
Merit: 15

$100k per 1 BTC in Year 2020

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2018, 02:25:33 PM

We are on the same boat mate, I also Invested all my bitcoin on Alts and now they are all down like 90%, if the project is good maybe holding will still be an option but if the coin is not doing well then that is the time to accept the reality about Investing in crypto
zk-SNARK

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 02:27:17 PM

You need to wait until next bull market my friend please dont sell your tokens with loss. Everthing will recover in the future. Only we need to wait some time and you need to hold.
Please dont sell your tokens with loss. Wait until you earn some profits.I know that was painful i lost money too but we need to believe the future of crypto.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
manojpatelme

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 04:07:25 PM

Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

If I were in your place at this stage I am definately going to hold because after loosing 80% there is no point to sell that and take loss . Making stop-loss at beginning is better instead of selling at too much loss.
siupang2

Merit: 105

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 04:51:45 PM

Well now you are in bad situation mate, I better choose to hold it and wait until the price come up until it lost lesser than 40% and then sell it then the amount of money that you get from the sell you buy another investment that really really promising, and I think maybe it will cover you lost later...
Veles shalet

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 05:08:43 PM

When you lose so much money, you usually immediately become disheartened. In this state it is impossible to make any right decisions. But even so, you need to start thinking with your head. 80 percent loss is not such a big problem for someone who knows where to invest now.
Ducky1

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 05:56:45 PM

I think you should keep these altcoins until you return your initial investment. If the project is promising, then its coin will grow in the long term.

.█
                             .-███
                           .-███-███
                         ..███.   ███
                        .███.      ███
                      .███.         ███
                    .███-            ███
                  .███-               ███
                .███:.                 ███
              .███*.                   .███
 ████████████████████████████         .███████████████
 ███......................███.      .███-...........███
 .███                      ███.   .███-             .███
  .███                      ███ .███:.               .███
    ███.                    .██████.                   ███
     ███.                   .████.                      ███
      ███                  .█████.                      .███
      .███               .███. ███                       .███
        ███.           .███-    ███                        ███
         ███.        .███-      .███                        ███
          ██████████████         -█████████████████████████████
                    ███.                    .███
                     ███                  .███
                      ███:              .███
                       ███-           .███
                        ███.       .-███
                         ███.    .-███
                          ███  ..███
                          .███.███
                           .████
                            -█
.CARTESI.📱.LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAPPS.
                               .█
                             .-███
                           .-███-███
                         ..███.   ███
                        .███.      ███
                      .███.         ███
                    .███-            ███
                  .███-               ███
                .███:.                 ███
              .███*.                   .███
 ████████████████████████████         .███████████████
 ███......................███.      .███-...........███
 .███                      ███.   .███-             .███
  .███                      ███ .███:.               .███
    ███.                    .██████.                   ███
     ███.                   .████.                      ███
      ███                  .█████.                      .███
      .███               .███. ███                       .███
        ███.           .███-    ███                        ███
         ███.        .███-      .███                        ███
          ██████████████         -█████████████████████████████
                    ███.                    .███
                     ███                  .███
                      ███:              .███
                       ███-           .███
                        ███.       .-███
                         ███.    .-███
                          ███  ..███
                          .███.███
                           .████
                            -█
bep42

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 10:58:38 AM

80 percent isn’t a great loss in the cryptocurrency market, so we can say that you're lucky. In my opinion, there is no point in selling with such losses. And, all the more reason, you have coins from good companies. So there is very likelihood that you will be able to return your investments at least.
nytstalker

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 11:13:26 AM

You don't loose as long as you don't sell at loss. Alts are down by 80% since you bought them, they may be +500 % within two months. Once the hard fork drama is over and people realize that they sold at half the price they bought just to get a worthless airdrop, they will start panic buying. I don't want you to be one of them.
HODL!
Gatotare

Activity: 728
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 11:20:30 AM

80 percent isn’t a great loss in the cryptocurrency market, so we can say that you're lucky. In my opinion, there is no point in selling with such losses. And, all the more reason, you have coins from good companies. So there is very likelihood that you will be able to return your investments at least.
Yeah agree, %80 is normal for 9-10 months bear season, we are dropping from january continuously and there is one coin which I have lost %94 it is very big loss. But we must wait for green days again, sooner or later bitcoin collects itself and then altcoins increases again like beginning of the year.
GERMO COIN

Activity: 406

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 11:23:02 AM

Hey there

HOLD and make it for your long term investment rather than you sell it, because if you sell it you will lose 80% of the money you have, but if you hold it for the long term the price might increase again and make you get 80% of your money back or even give you profit. but that is your choice, want to take the risk for hold and make 80% of your money back or sell it to secure your money.

farlack
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 11:28:18 AM

Hey there

HOLD and make it for your long term investment rather than you sell it, because if you sell it you will lose 80% of the money you have, but if you hold it for the long term the price might increase again and make you get back 80% your money or even give you profit. but that is your choice, want to take the risk for hold and make 80% of your money back or let it go and secure 20% of your money.
I did as follows: you need to really assess the situation, I sold my coins at minus 60%, and went to trade in the margin, thereby regaining the 60%. Not everyone will decide on it.
yazher

Activity: 2198
Merit: 586

You own the pen

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 12:03:12 PM

As of now all you can do is hold till the last percent of your investment. because you already loss a high percentage of your investment, why not hold it till the end regarding that you still have some money left to support your needs. as of now it doesn't matter if it is gonna take you so deep but you cant stop believing for a miracles to happen. right?

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Terrmit

Activity: 413
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 12:06:33 PM

Hold. This is the only way out in your case. Or you are bankrupt. I do not see a solution for you. How to go to the end. This will be the right decision. Do not panic.

△ M!R△CLE TELE (https://miracletele.com/) ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY ▐
Geir

Activity: 546

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 12:10:27 PM

I lost almost 80%
It is unlikely that something can be done now, only the conclusions that the cryptocurrency is a risky asset that brings a large profit or a large loss. Most of us are in the same situation, but do not despair, it is a good experience for life.

TOP Network   Enable real-world business with Blockchain 4.0 technology  |
–––––––   Whitepaper   |   Twitter   |   Facebook   |   Linkedln   |   Telegram   |   Medium  –––––––
|   No Transaction Fee   |   300K TPS   |   50 Million Active Users   |
Jrfranco

Activity: 786

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2018, 12:18:07 PM

The same case as I experienced, just calm down, don't panic, it's not the time for the coin to go up, it's better you hold it and put it above the price when you buy, and my advice, don't look for a few months, so you don't down.
much people feel the same condition with us.and our mental and emotion influence to our decision,did it hold or sold.and if we have more money maybe buying cheap coins good for us to get profit.

Its sad to hear that, that you lose over 80% in value, but this time, all you need to do now is to hold it, whatever happens dont cutloss as much as possible, because you gonna lose all your investments, maybe in the long run, it could recover, sell immediately as long as it reaches your target price.
DR_Vladislav

Activity: 152
Merit: 7

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 01:20:31 PM

Hey there

Hold and wait the good days are ahead.
dicaprio

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 01:23:15 PM

As it was said by many people that cryptocurrency gives you two opportunities to either earn or lose the invested money, today you have lost, but I also think that you can earn it because I used to earn it.
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 »
  Print  

Jump to: