Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 09:12:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitCentury] Metabank 120Gh 65nm Pre-Order Proxy [CLOSED]  (Read 79010 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 03:42:16 PM

Is it too late to place an order or not yet?

I am waiting on my wire to hit my account at mtgox so i can buy some btc

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
senseless (OP)

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 03:52:17 PM

Is it too late to place an order or not yet?

I am waiting on my wire to hit my account at mtgox so i can buy some btc

We will continue to accept orders until Metabank tells us that no more units are available and refunds one of our orders. Unfortunately until that happens we will not know how much hashing power is available for sale. As mentioned, they are currently not stating the total hashing power sold, or the number of units sold/available.

digitalmagus

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 06:26:10 PM

Greetings,
Just a quick note to say that I'm in contact with the famous "JohnK" who verifies people's ID in these forums, and I have already paid and submitted to him my ID (passport+drivers license) etc. It may take a day or two before he confirms my ID as he is out of country at the moment, but hopefully very soon.
Cheers,
Luis
ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 12:11:15 AM

i sent the wire to mtgox today so i can buy btc and place my order

i am excited about this

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
digitalmagus

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 01:01:21 AM

i sent the wire to mtgox today so i can buy btc and place my order
i am excited about this

Sounds good, looking forward to your order ryan.
Have a great weekend,
Luis
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 02:40:06 AM

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

I confirm the receipt of the documents below. Please note that I am not a professional nor trained in verifying documents given, so I cannot guarantee that they're 100% authentic or came from the original owner.

1. Photo of digitalmagus's passport and Driving Licence
2. Photo of digitalmagus with his passport and Driving Licence

I divulge by request that DigitalMagus' ID has the name of Luis Henriques in both the drivers license and the Canadian Passport.
I further verify that I have sent and received a cleartext password from his work email, which matches that of the company mentioned in his Linkedin profile and his name matching that of his drivers license and passport.

I promise the safe destruction of the data after the successful issuance of this contract. No identifying data will be held by me after the issuance of this contract.

Thanks,
John
7 June 2013
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (MingW32)
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=5lH5
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 02:43:24 AM

PS: The afromentioned photos are deleted locally.

Thanks,
John
nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 04:38:28 AM

We are acting as a proxy for orders from Metabank.ru for 120Gh/s devices which they are offering at 2160$USD per unit.

We are charging 32BTC to cover shipping, handling, and our onsite incidentals (employees, office space, etc) as well as to generate a small profit.

Question: how many of these units do you plan to proxy, and what value do you provide for the $1700/unit you are charging for this service?

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 04:40:22 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2013, 06:03:17 AM by stripykitteh

This came out in the last hour or so:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=228677.0

Bitfury is looking for alpha-testers for the chips. He also mentions BitCentury by name. He gives a qualified endorsement of BitCentury:

PS. I've read that someone here is reselling metabank.ru offers with our chips. I would like to clarify - first - neither me nor metabank.ru endorses these resellers. Second - metabank.ru is not taking 'prepayment', its just preorders with 100% refund  just to freeze funds - basically people can just show them bitcoins and keep on their OWN wallets (not moving them). Its mainly purpose is just preliminary evaluation of volumes for next production batch. With other sales, etc - that all will be discussed only AFTER testing. So my advice - don't be crazy and don't buy BS (Edited: this is what I meant - is those crazy sellers for $5k with prepayment and without guarantees, BitCentury seems to be legit and faithful).... But of course you may be lucky and that will happen as advertised - that's your win/loose.

A colleague and I are considering whether to offer to be alpha-testers.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
digitalmagus

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:00:40 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2013, 06:25:11 AM by digitalmagus

Thanks stripykitteh,

As I had mentioned a few posts above, we have been in contact with Bitfury - now you can see the evidence ;-) . Also in that thread you just reference, you'll notice OrphanGland (our lead engineer/CTO) made one of the first posts, could have been the first after bitfury, but we were too busy talking to him about the alpha testing chips. Needless to say, we are aiming to be alpha testers as our ultimate goal has always been to make our own boards and ASICs, it's just we arrived a bit late in the scene to target the current nm sizes. Anyway, there's more news along these lines to come in the not too distant future. We are all very much looking forward to the resulting tests of these chips, but it would even better to verify them ourselves.
Stay tunned! Smiley

On another note, our sales contract was actually finalized earlier today; however, the lawyer assigned to this somehow didn't send it to us. We're not quite sure what happened. We contacted the lawfirm owner, and he left voice messages on every phone of the lawyer assigned to this, so hopefully by tomorrow sometime we will get it and post it here.

So all in all, lots of developments today:
* I got JohnK verified, hopefully to everyone's satisfaction
* We are looking to alpha test Bitfury's chips
* Sales contract is finished, hopefully we can release it tomorrow.

Have a good night everyone!
-Luis
digitalmagus

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:21:52 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2013, 07:08:24 AM by digitalmagus

Question: how many of these units do you plan to proxy, and what value do you provide for the $1700/unit you are charging for this service?
Hi,
We will proxy as many as our customers want to buy until Metabank.ru runs out of allocated chips from their assigned wafer lot.  

The value we provide is this:
1)Trustworthy Russian staff: We have very competent trustworthy business contacts & soon to be employees in Russia that will receive the units from Metabank in Moscow. Depending on volume of sales, one or two of us may very well fly there ourselves for a period of time.
2) Secure testing & shipping facility We will setup a secure facility there to open each unit, test it to make sure it is working, package it for international shipping to you.
3)Proven Competency We are competent individuals as evidenced by our accomplishments in life and as evidenced by the information we provide in the questions that have been asked so far. You can also see 6 more pages of discussions here, prior to this thread. We recently moved the thread here so we could better manage it. Old thread worth reading: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=223656
4)Working hard to build trust with you  We are trying our best to build your trust in us. Today I was verified by "JohnK" as requested by several people here. This basically means that all along I am in real life who I say I am. I personally I am not just hiding behind some alias, and have provided my linkedin profile and have also had skype calls with some of our customers, although this aspect is not something I can promise to do for everyone due to time constraints.
5) Highly technical Senseless, and especially Nigel have a very strong technical background in this area (FPGA & ASIC design, PCB design, assembly, etc). I am less technical in this area than they are, as my area of expertise is in Network Engineering and Data Center Operations, but in short, we know what we are talking about and have done extensive research.
6) Long Term Business We're not just a bunch of guys running an overnight operation, we plan to be around for a long time as a business and have recently incorporated. In short, we are here to offer support after you receive your units.
7) Building a customer support structure While it has been a lower priority compared to everything else we've been working on, we aim to at minimum have a basic website up and running where over time we will build all technical, support and product offering information on.
8 )Unique thus far As far as I could tell, though I haven't extensively searched the forums, we may be the only Western company providing this proxy service in Russia, though if you want to gamble there seem to be several other mostly Russian individuals offering a similar service, but possibly of questionable trustworthiness.
9) Keeping our customers informed on a frequent basis: One of the challenges I've seen not yet seen well resolved with just about every single ASIC board company thus far, is that their staff is not easily accessible to customers, transparency is often lacking and customer service is for the most part seriously lacking. It's easy to talk when we haven't had a chance to prove ourselves yet, as we are not yet handling anywhere near the volumes they are, but I can assure you this is one of my highest priorities. It is risky enough to venture into any one of these operations as a customer, it is even more nerve racking when there is a huge lack of communication and support structure for the customer base.  I must admit that this is somewhat the outcome of a hashing speed arms race. It's all Engineers heads down doing the core work, while customers await with bated breath of any hint of what might be going on, often waiting weeks without any updates. Resources are extremely scarce in many of these circumstances, but now that some of these operations have millions in their pockets, those excuses should be gone, still customers are seemingly left in the side lines a lot of the times. I very much intend to improve on this circumstance with our company.

In short some of our profits are eaten up by operating costs and overhead in what we are trying to do (plane tickets to Russia, employee salaries, office space, custom exporting fees, shipping costs, etc), the rest is profit for us to re-invest in the future of our company and if we're lucky we may also end up paying ourselves some money for the countless hours we're putting into this at all levels.

Let me know if you have any other questions,
Cheers Smiley
Luis
stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:27:52 AM

Thanks stripykitteh,
As I had mentioned a few posts above, we have been in contact with Bitfury - now you can see the evidence ;-) . Also in that thread you just reference, you'll notice OrphanGland (our lead engineer/CTO) made one of the first posts, could have been the first after bitfury, but we were too busy talking to him about the alpha testing chips. Needless to say, we are aiming to be alpha testers as our ultimate goal has always been to make our own boards and ASICs, it's just we arrived a bit late in the scene to target the current nm sizes.

Yes, I've looked at OrphanedGland's project and I am sure BitCentury will be chosen as one of the 3-4 alpha testers, especially as there is a community around your project that has a vested interest in you (and bitfury) succeeding. My colleague and I are working at a smaller scale but figured there was no harm in offering to help!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
digitalmagus

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:42:53 AM

My colleague and I are working at a smaller scale but figured there was no harm in offering to help!
Absolutely! Good luck! Smiley
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 08:05:53 AM

How much per unit are you charging for two units? Thanks

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 08:30:15 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2013, 09:15:28 AM by senseless

How much per unit are you charging for two units? Thanks

As a result of the recent declines in btc/fiat exchange we have had to slightly increase pricing to cover the unit purchases and expenses incurred. The cost for 1-4 units is currently 34 BTC each. Your total would be 68BTC for the 2 units.

Regards,
Tom Sensel

blo8i

Activity: 960
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 10:09:01 AM

is it just me? but 90.000$ for 110GH/S?

there must be somewhere you can get that cheaper?
JordanL
Donator

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 10:17:46 AM

Shocked

You buying BTC for $2800?

They are charging BTC32 for 120 GH/s.     Wink
senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 10:23:18 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2013, 12:13:34 PM by senseless

What you are referring to is not what is being offered in this thread. The 90,000$ unit for 110Gh/s was the FPGA mining rig that bitfury developed over 1 year ago. What is currently being offered is an ASIC mining rig of 120Gh/s for 2160$. These devices are currently only available through Metabank.ru and they state they will only be delivering within Russian borders. Bitfury is the designer of the chip/device and Metabank is the distributor. Hence the reason for our offering of this courier service to picking up, test, and deliver the device to your premises. Our fee for this service is approximately 1300$ per unit (shipping fees included, Customs tax/vat excluded). You can see our current BTC rates in the initial thread stating the cost as well as the specifications of the chip / device itself.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

-Tom

nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 01:05:06 PM

The value we provide is this:
1)Trustworthy Russian staff
2) Secure testing & shipping facility
3)Proven Competency
4)Working hard to build trust with you
5) Highly technical
6) Long Term Business
7) Building a customer support structure
8 )Unique thus far
9) Keeping our customers informed on a frequent basis

1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9 are the same thing (i.e. that you are competent businessmen).

regarding 2, i am unsure whether it is normal for homes/offices to be insecure in moscow, so i'm not sure of the value here.

it seems that 8 is the real 'meat and potatoes'. fair enough: you're one of the few offering this service in a transparent manner. however, $1700 is a high premium to pay for implied trust.

best of luck, a 78% markup is too rich for my blood Smiley

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
digitalmagus

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 01:57:27 PM

however, $1700 is a high premium to pay for implied trust. best of luck, a 78% markup is too rich for my blood Smiley

Understood nubbins, everyone has their own cost/risk tolerance and budgets. Clearly, with 41 units sold in about 1 week so far, some people seem to like our offer. With the recent developments (Bitfury's officially acknowledging us + likely getting alpha chips for testing + me getting Johnk verified + sales contract about to be published), it is highly likely that given we are keeping our fiat price the same (BTC is slightly higher, but only because of BTC/USD price drop) I would not be surprised  if even more people find our offer to be even more attractive than before. Also, just FYI, once the alpha chips are confirmed to be working, I would not be surprised if the cost/unit would rise substancially - something not under our control at the moment. So if you are buying from somewhere else, it may be wise to do it sooner rather than later. Best of luck to you as well. Smiley
Luis
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: