Because the first start of Quantumcoin failed I'll try a better start now. The old block chain of Quantumcoin is dead. Please update your client first before mining.
Check the hash of the current genesis block first (you can get it by calling "quantumcoind getblockhash 0").
I'll push the updated sources and windows binary today at 05:00 PM (UTC).
* based on the
version of Litecoin
* total of 256 million coins
* block maturity after 120 confirmations
* block value is cut in half every 256000 blocks
* dynamic retarget interval and target timespan, depending on the networking hashrate
* increasing block value with increasing difficulty
The minimum block value is 10 and the maximum block value of 50 will be reached when difficulty reaches appr. 110. The reward of the first 250 blocks is higher.
The sources are available on GitHub (https://github.com/quantumcoin/quantumcoin
) and should work on Linux and Windows.
A Windows binary is available at http://www.quantumcoin.org/files/quantumcoin.zip
There is one DNS seed with three nodes available and seeding through IRC is also working. It should not be necessary to manual add nodes.
The current difficulty is noted at http://www.quantumcoin.org
at the bottom of the page. There is also a block explorer available at http://qtc.p2pool.nl/chain/Quantumcoin
example entry in the pools array of cgminer/bfgminer:
"url" : "http://localhost:18000/",
"user" : "quantumcoinrpc",
"pass" : "fcaa68021c224f4d9f51cead988643b2"
* 2013/06/26: added several checkpoints, uploaded new Windows binary