Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 06:20:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Modest Proposal  (Read 676 times)
Shatosi Makanoto (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 02:06:42 PM

Please consider the following proposal and comment:

https://sites.google.com/site/shatosimakanoto/

Moderator, please consider this post for transfer to the "Development & Technical Discussion" thread.

-- Shatosi

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Alexander The Great

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 02:23:28 PM

lol if admin transferred this thread to developement you wouldnt even be able to post on it.
Eva Braun

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 03:54:24 PM

lol if admin transferred this thread to developement you wouldnt even be able to post on it.

lol exactly
instoftech

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 01:08:23 AM

I may have missed this, but is the new coin generation process lasting forever?
Alexander The Great

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 01:10:37 AM

What?
wisemanofhyrule

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 01:42:50 AM

He is asking if the Coin Generation during each round has a limit for how many rounds it will happen or if ti goes on forever.

This seems like too much of a change from what bitcoin already is, not to mention the tons of people with mining rigs and ASICs who would fight this change tooth and nail.
Eva Braun

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 01:55:36 AM

I like this thread a lot  Grin
instoftech

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:04:24 AM

He is asking if the Coin Generation during each round has a limit for how many rounds it will happen or if ti goes on forever.

This seems like too much of a change from what bitcoin already is, not to mention the tons of people with mining rigs and ASICs who would fight this change tooth and nail.

Thanks wiseman, you got my question right.  Smiley

I'm a little confused with the incentives for keeping participating nodes online in this new proposal. Thus my previous question.
I don't know if the proposal adopts a similar rewarding approach like BTC (using new block lottery in early stage and transaction fees after all coins are mined).
wisemanofhyrule

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:07:55 AM

Thanks wiseman, you got my question right.  Smiley

I'm a little confused with the incentives for keeping participating nodes online in this new proposal. Thus my previous question.
I don't know if the proposal adopts a similar rewarding approach like BTC (using new block lottery in early stage and transaction fees after all coins are mined).

It doesn't look like there is such a thing as transaction fees in this system, so I guess they the lottery portion to go on forever? But really though, this will never get added into bitcoin itself, waaaay too different from some of the defining things of bitcoin. He might as well make an altcoin using this system.
rolloffacliffpleaseanddie

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 03:32:57 AM

lol totally  Cheesy
firefop

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 05:24:24 AM

I believe the concept (while interesting in some aspects) is deeply flawed in the concept of not having a proof of work and thus no way to control or predict earnings. You've effectively removed greed as a motivation to develop services and hardware to support the network.

As far as truncating the block-chain I think some progress might be suggested in that aspect that could in fact make bitcoin nodes less annoying on initial setup.

However, I think what you'll find is that your 'ledger' will grow exponentially larger as people cycle through addresses and more people used the new currency... eventually growing it to the point that the data size would become unmanagable.

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:21:21 PM

interesting ideas i doubt it will be implemented tho
Eva Braun

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:40:59 PM

I dont think hes  logged on since he made this thread..

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:44:45 PM

Please consider the following proposal and comment:

https://sites.google.com/site/shatosimakanoto/

Moderator, please consider this post for transfer to the "Development & Technical Discussion" thread.

-- Shatosi

You realise you cant comment if its moved right?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: