Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 10:58:28 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: why do you think satoshi nakamoto kept his identity as a secret?  (Read 971 times)
krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:01:17 AM

I think that's for Satoshi's manner and privacy as he created decentralize and anonymous currency that is now dominating the crypto market, that is for his own safeness and security to his private life as we can say that he is one of the richest person through out the world but who knows if he still alive or not and what project or system he is currently involved, he have an account here in Bitcointalk but the last activity he posted last December 2010.
PalindromemordnilaP

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2017, 07:22:17 AM

why do you think satoshi nakamoto kept his identity as a secret?

I think i have already crossed a topic in this forum similar to this one before. Well, in my own and humble opinion, Satoshi Nakamoto's identity has kept secret so that no one might kidnapped him and force him to run a script that would shut his self-made digital currency. Or maybe, he will be forced to make a new coin similar to bitcoin that would somehow take bitcoin's position as the alpha of all cryptocurrencies.

Well, but who knows? Satoshi Nakamoto is a group and not just one person.

Bitfort

Activity: 952
Merit: 339

invest trade and gamble wisely

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:36:25 AM

Because he was aware if the BTC succeed it will be pain in the ass to many "powerful" people.
I just hope he did it all well and now he's enjoying the growing popularity of his "child".

MY HINTs
◄M► MINING
◄G► GAMBLING
◄E► EXCHANGE

◄E► (KCS) Kucoin-Staking, Auto-Lending, Trading-Bot
◄E► (BNB) Binance-Staking, Savings, 10% RefBack
◄E► (TRX) Poloniex-Staking, Lending, Fee Discount
◄E► (LEO) Bitfinex-Staking, Auto-Lending

◄G► Betfury-Faucet, Dividend Earnings (BFG holders, mine BFG by playing)
◄G► Bitvest -  Faucet, Bankroll Invest
◄G► CryptoGames-Faucet, Lotto
◄G► PrimeDice-Faucet

◄M► Prohashing (Multipool)-Payout in any coin, get 0.50% bonus for 30 days
◄M► MiningRigRentals (Marketplace)-buy hashrate or rent your miners
◄M► Viabtc  (Pool)-payout to Coinex (exchnage) without fees

yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:44:10 AM

i doubt that Satoshi Nakamoto is not a single person like the one who create the Ethereum crypto currency, Mr. Vitalik Buterin whose creation as popular  as bitcoin rank second in market capitalization. I doubt that this compose of a team who develop bitcoin for anti-hyper inflation of world economy , or we just simply called it the Nakamoto group, and maybe the original Nakamoto group was disbanded due to the conflict of some development on which side they give their support its either on the business side or to the masses. As we all know the current situation of bitcoin, thereare so many attempts to kill bitcoin, you may hear something like forking, Bitcoin Cash,Bitcoin Gold, Segwit2x or chain split and network split. If Mr. Nakamoto was a real person and he faces many problems of bitcoin, he would say that "being rich gives me a lot headaches".
siti25

Activity: 574
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:46:04 AM

Perhaps because sometimes being a famous person is not very fun. Being famous should be ready to be visited by journalists and continue to be thrown with questions wherever we go. And perhaps Satoshi is not ready for that so he prefers to keep his identity secret. Unpopular life is certainly more free.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄███████▀▀███████▄▄
     ▄██████▀▀      ▀▀██████▄
   ▄████▀▀              ▀▀████▄
  ████        ▄▄███▄▄       ████
 ▐████      ▄█████████▄     ████▌
 █████     ████▀   ▀▀█▀     █████
 █████    ▐███              █████
 █████    ▐███▄      ▄      █████
 █████     ▀████▄▄▄████     █████
 ▐████       ▀███████▀      ████▌
  ▀███▄▄        ▀▀▀       ▄▄███▀
    ▀█████▄▄          ▄▄█████▀
      ▀███████▄▄  ▄▄███████▀
         ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀

████
                       ▄▀██
                     ▄█▀   ▄▄▄▄▄
                   ▄█▀    ███████
                 ▄█▀      ███████
               ▄█▀        ███████
     ▀█▄▄    ▄█▀  ▄█████▄ ███████
        ▀▀█▄█▀    ███████ ███████
  ▄█████▄         ███████ ███████
  ███████ ▄█████▄ ███████ ███████
  ███████ ███████ ███████ ███████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀█████████████████████████████████▀
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:53:32 AM

For the mere fact that he could create something as intelligent as this that could only be cracked by a computer yet to be built despite the fact that he does not have the same himself, then I would want to go underground because of that. Satoshi create a liberation for the financial industry and this is something he did not because he wants to be listed on Fortune 500 or to get the Nobel (in which I think he deserves one if he had wanted it but because of the threat it serves against the interest that matters, he might be denied and that is another reason to hide). In the face of all this, lets all remind ourselves as we appreciates this fascinating invention, lets be mindful of the one who made it possible without claiming any fame or glory in that regard.
Skieleton

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:19:18 AM

Perhaps because sometimes being a famous person is not very fun. Being famous should be ready to be visited by journalists and continue to be thrown with questions wherever we go. And perhaps Satoshi is not ready for that so he prefers to keep his identity secret. Unpopular life is certainly more free.

Satoshi may not really exist. We have no confirmation. Only guesses.
Bitfort

Activity: 952
Merit: 339

invest trade and gamble wisely

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:34:30 AM

Satoshi may not really exist. We have no confirmation. Only guesses.

Well, then who had sent BTCs to Finney? With whom Gavin A. had talk to? Sure there was someone. The real question is whether it's a single person or some group.

MY HINTs
◄M► MINING
◄G► GAMBLING
◄E► EXCHANGE

◄E► (KCS) Kucoin-Staking, Auto-Lending, Trading-Bot
◄E► (BNB) Binance-Staking, Savings, 10% RefBack
◄E► (TRX) Poloniex-Staking, Lending, Fee Discount
◄E► (LEO) Bitfinex-Staking, Auto-Lending

◄G► Betfury-Faucet, Dividend Earnings (BFG holders, mine BFG by playing)
◄G► Bitvest -  Faucet, Bankroll Invest
◄G► CryptoGames-Faucet, Lotto
◄G► PrimeDice-Faucet

◄M► Prohashing (Multipool)-Payout in any coin, get 0.50% bonus for 30 days
◄M► MiningRigRentals (Marketplace)-buy hashrate or rent your miners
◄M► Viabtc  (Pool)-payout to Coinex (exchnage) without fees

Bay_Harbour_Butcher

Activity: 728

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:27:58 AM

maybe he's hiding his identity more because for security reasons, because we know many countries are banned bitcoin, that means many people in the government do not like him, so from that he prefers to hide

UsernameBitcoin

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:55:49 PM

Satoshi Nakamoto kept his identity a secret because he wanted to stay anonymous and look how much good that has done compared to coins with devs that aren't anonymous.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Peashooter

Activity: 868
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:08:41 PM

If you were him, would you reveal yourself? The world is so cruel. There are a lot of people who want to steal to you. It is also a good strategy because it creates an interesting story behind the developer of bitcoin. I know there would be time when he will reveal himself and bitcoin will face the highest demand in its history.
momopi

Activity: 501
Merit: 127

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:14:33 PM

The question is, is Satoshi Nakamoto even real?. Real in terms of a single person.  I've read some articles and some claims that "Satoshi" is actually a group of devs and not just a single person.  Anyway, whoever he/she is or whoever they are, crypto community is surely grateful that a bitcoin was created and digital currency is continue evolving Smiley
DrGuns4Hands

Activity: 910
Merit: 550

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 04:43:23 AM

I believed that satoshi nakamoto was not only one i think they're kind of group who developed bitcoin. and also I think they're not revealing who they're because they have a lot of money right now since wikipedia says that they owned one million bitcoins. On a One million BTC If satoshi nakamoto sell all their bitcoin, then the market will definitely crash. 
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 05:32:43 AM
Last edit: October 20, 2017, 06:47:34 AM by Ucy

Here is a Quotes from Satoshi⬇

There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int.

Don't fully understand what he mean there ...but from the way thst sounds, he obviously planned to stay longer.
If he really did planned to stay, I wonder why he would use fake NAMES. Using his first name and Surname makes the Anonymity theory very unlikely.

Well, if indeed those aren't his real names then he's most likely still posting on this forum and possibly helping to grow Bitcoin (maybe part of Bitcoin core?)
cotton ball

Activity: 1288
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 05:53:34 AM

bitcoin is an innovation classified as destructive by government regulation, bitcoin offers financial freedom without being interfered with by any government, if satoshi nakamoto appears then he will end up in federal court and bitcoin will disappear in an instant, this is the right decision, In my opinion, bitcoin created by one person, not a pseudonym and symbol as many people are talking about.
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 06:25:07 AM

Satoshi Nakamoto, no one knows who he is.
He may be a person or a group.
He? may be holding a large amount of bitcoins which he never wants to disclose.
He? may be hiding for his security  and privacy which get disturbed by his public appearance.
Bitcoin is a decentralised peer to peer currency with no owner which runs on the trust of its users.
Bitcoin runs on some fundamental rules aliened by Satoshi Nakamoto.
The lack of official bitcoin leader is an asset for bitcoin.
Rules get altered  by the leaders from time to time, this is not possible with bitcoin as the creator itself is unknown.
I think this is the one one of the reason why Satoshi Nakamoto never appear in public.
Wulanayu

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 06:41:32 AM

in my opinion to maintain the privacy, security and comfort he and his family. I think satoshi is cool because the true millionaire is not arrogant and do not want in the know by the crowd.

Zimbabwecoin

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 06:42:20 AM

My thought is that Satoshi probably has several identities - I myself use multiple identities and have done so for over 20 years. So he can still show off using one of his other identities any time he wants. Sure we think his main identity has 500,000 bitcoin. But, perhaps he has a dozen more identities. Maybe he poses as someone who has 100 bitcoin or 10 bitcoin. He could live off of bitcoin and no touch his main stash for 30 or 40 years. Would he ever reveal himself? Probably under the right circumstances. But, I have no idea what that would be. He is also probably 10 times smarter than me so who knows what can motivate him. I am just glad that he does exist.

Planning to launch Zimbabwecoin in the future. Focused on building a community around it now.
Zimbabwecoin

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 06:48:58 AM

Alot of the talk is more answering why Satoshi is still keeping his identity secret. I think that he kept his identity a secret because he could.

For most inventions it is hard to keep your identity a secret. Certainly if you own a public company you can't keep your identity a secret.

Bitcoin is perhaps the most innovative and most impactiful invention where the inventor could be kept a secret. At no other time in history and with no prior business structure could the inventor and originator keep his identity a secret. He was smart enough to know that in this case he could keep his identity a secret. He was smart enough to see so far ahead to know that keeping his identity a secret was a possibility.

So he COULD do it and is likely very SHY so he wanted to do it and certainly also very PRIVATE.

Planning to launch Zimbabwecoin in the future. Focused on building a community around it now.
Fievel

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:52:30 AM

If it's 1 person we're talking about, and that person was in possession of something like 500.000 - 1.000.000 Bitcoins from what I've gathered, one would wonder why he/she hasn't cashed out any of it yet. I mean, it's a stupendous amount of money. The coins might be lost forever, the creator might have the integrity to leave them untouched, or the person is no longer with us.

The creator was obviously intelligent, and maybe he/she knew from the beginning that any commodity can artificially create additional value as long as there's a certain mystique associated with it. It's basically a myth now, and an interesting one that gathers the attention that Bitcoin might need to pull off what it was meant to do.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: