Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 03:42:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Please Buy a Hardware Wallet  (Read 2774 times)
OSYA

Activity: 647
Merit: 255

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 02:43:08 AM

Everyday I come on here and read a sad story about someone getting hacked and losing their Bitcoin / Ethereum.  I hate reading them but its like a car accident on the side of the road, you can't help but look.  Once you read the story it's clear that it could have been avoid had the user used a hardware wallet.  I dont have alot of Bitcoin or Ethereum but I recently purchased my own hardware wallet to keep them secure, I strongly suggest others in my situation (less than 1BTC total invested) to go out and buy a hardware wallet.  Right now.

Why do small fries need a hardware wallet?
We are the most vulnerable because we are less experienced.  Most of us haven't experienced losing coins yet, either directly or through a friend.  We probably download shit we shouldn't, left our private keys in some email we sent (I haven't done this but I could see myself doing something this stupid when I first started) and probably leave our desktop wallets open a bit too long.  The small fries are vulnerable so we need to protect our investments.

What is a hardware wallet
Its a devise that essentially stores your private key on it so you can't be keylogged and requires you input a password onto it, not your computer, before unlocking the wallet AND withdrawing any coins.  Its safe, its secure and only the person with possession of the hardware wallet can withdraw funds (at least I've been told no one has legitimately hacked a hardware wallet without possession of it).  It's easy to use. When you use a Ledger Nano S and activate it, the devise presents you with a private passphrase that does not show up on your computer.  You write down the pass phrases, by hand (do not type it out, take a photograph, or anyhing of the like), and if you lose or break your hardware wallet you can buy another and gain access to it with the private passphrases.  If you are really concerned about the passphrase being lost, buy a fireproof, waterproof safe and ziplock your private passphrase (waterproof safes are known to trap condensation which gets things wet - wet paper with pen = lost writing) so its airtight and lock it up.  Its really secure so long as you keep the pass phrase safe.  

Hardware wallets
Ledger Nano S - https://www.amazon.com/Ledger-Nano-Cryptocurrency-Hardware-Wallet/dp/B01J66NF46/
KeepKey - https://www.amazon.com/KeepKey-Simple-Cryptocurrency-Hardware-Wallet/dp/B0143M2A5S/
Trezor - https://www.amazon.com/Satoshi-Labs-bitcoin-wallet-white/dp/B00P5HU80A/

I have all my valuable crypto, that's currently supported, on my Ledger.  My Bitcoin, Ethereum and you can bet your ass once Deep Onion is supported it will be safely secured on there too.  The Ledger is easy to use and the instructions are crystal clear.  At less than $80, there is no reason not to protect your investment.  Even if you only have $250 in BTC/ETH, you will buy more so you might as well buy one of these now.  

I don't want to read another story about someone getting robbed of their Bitcoin and I want our community to flourish.  Secure your coins!

This is a very useful reminder about the financial safety on the Internet. I use only hardware wallet for my digital currency. It is undoubtedly the safest wallet at the moment. I would advise to use it if you have many coins to be on a safe side.

babarian

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 03:13:55 AM

using wallet hardware is indeed very safe to store the altcoins that we have, now there are so many people who have been hacked into their online wallets. but the price of expensive hardware wallets is one factor they don't choose wallet hardware.
lupinjhon

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 06:27:39 AM

what is the advantages of hardware wallet ..? what is the difference between  hardware wallet and others Huh
tegarp90

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 06:34:34 AM

Everyday I come on here and read a sad story about someone getting hacked and losing their Bitcoin / Ethereum.  I hate reading them but its like a car accident on the side of the road, you can't help but look.  Once you read the story it's clear that it could have been avoid had the user used a hardware wallet.  I dont have alot of Bitcoin or Ethereum but I recently purchased my own hardware wallet to keep them secure, I strongly suggest others in my situation (less than 1BTC total invested) to go out and buy a hardware wallet.  Right now.

We are the most vulnerable because we are less experienced.  Most of us haven't experienced losing coins yet, either directly or through a friend.  We probably download shit we shouldn't, left our private keys in some email we sent (I haven't done this but I could see myself doing something this stupid when I first started) and probably leave our desktop wallets open a bit too long.  The small fries are vulnerable so we need to protect our investments.

Its a devise that essentially stores your private key on it so you can't be keylogged and requires you input a password onto it, not your computer, before unlocking the wallet AND withdrawing any coins.  Its safe, its secure and only the person with possession of the hardware wallet can withdraw funds (at least I've been told no one has legitimately hacked a hardware wallet without possession of it).  It's easy to use. When you use a Ledger Nano S and activate it, the devise presents you with a private passphrase that does not show up on your computer.  You write down the pass phrases, by hand (do not type it out, take a photograph, or anyhing of the like), and if you lose or break your hardware wallet you can buy another and gain access to it with the private passphrases.  If you are really concerned about the passphrase being lost, buy a fireproof, waterproof safe and ziplock your private passphrase (waterproof safes are known to trap condensation which gets things wet - wet paper with pen = lost writing) so its airtight and lock it up.  Its really secure so long as you keep the pass phrase safe.  

Hardware wallets
Ledger Nano S - https://www.amazon.com/Ledger-Nano-Cryptocurrency-Hardware-Wallet/dp/B01J66NF46/
KeepKey - https://www.amazon.com/KeepKey-Simple-Cryptocurrency-Hardware-Wallet/dp/B0143M2A5S/
Trezor - https://www.amazon.com/Satoshi-Labs-bitcoin-wallet-white/dp/B00P5HU80A/

I have all my valuable crypto, that's currently supported, on my Ledger.  My Bitcoin, Ethereum and you can bet your ass once Deep Onion is supported it will be safely secured on there too.  The Ledger is easy to use and the instructions are crystal clear.  At less than $80, there is no reason not to protect your investment.  Even if you only have $250 in BTC/ETH, you will buy more so you might as well buy one of these now.  

I don't want to read another story about someone getting robbed of their Bitcoin and I want our community to flourish.  Secure your coins!

I'm not gonna buy this right now because my wallet is not worth more than the price of those hardware wallet Cheesy
RIP market condition Sad
Hope it will recover soon
dan316

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 08:10:28 AM

It is certainly safer to buy a hardware wallet and hold your bitcoin, if you can afford it.
Callanta787

Activity: 546
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2018, 08:43:04 AM

Hardware wallets are the best way to keep your coins safe after paper wallets ,since paper wallets are offline they tend to be my favourite all day,but I still like my trezor too

krishnaverma
hacker

Activity: 1344
Merit: 106

Available for rent

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 09:13:42 AM

Another useful post that I came across on this forum today. I think that having a hardware wallet can reduce a lot of your troubles but it is still not 100% fool proof. The hackers are so advanced and hi tech these days that it is very hard to expect complete safety even after using hardware wallets.

goodluck0319

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 10:42:30 AM

such ways many, cold wallets, hardware, or for example wallets with full base nodes or empty, as electrum, though what your tasks
bney

Activity: 333

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 10:51:07 AM

Thank you very much for your information. Actually these days we must use a hardware wallet. The reason is wallet hackers and scammers are everywhere. So If you buy a hardware wallet you can safe your money.
john_nautica

Activity: 966
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 10:57:44 AM

This possibility is a good idea that suggests that hardware wallets make security more reliable because you are holding your money. and I believe using hardware wallets is not just for bitcoin. This is also for other coins Cry
Wallet hardware security is great for avoiding hackers. many manufacturers of hardware wallets can design to store lots of types of coins not just bitcoin, this has a positive effect on the owners of coins in big amount.

tunapa

Activity: 667
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 11:05:18 AM

I have heard so much about the hardware wallet, its safety and utilities. I think its the best that every crypto investor should have. I will also try to use it, I know very soon it will be universal.
nadyn

Activity: 714
Merit: 287

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 11:34:06 AM

A newcomer who studies the world of crypto should buy a hardware wallet, we lose a lot of coins in this process, and we come to this statement, so let's immediately think about the security of our own money.
CryptoJedi1

Activity: 54

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 11:46:30 AM

A very good advice actually. Better to be safe than SORRY. Ledger Nano S is a good option and easily available at Amazon.
amonymous

Activity: 1177
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 11:47:13 AM

That's great advice same to I have use hardware wallet because of the carefully safety my wallet.we know many scam people have in this crypto market,so be careful and need safety our own money.
cleygaux

Activity: 656
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 11:51:49 AM

This is advisable to those who have large amount of btc stored in their wallets to avoid keylogging activities by hackers when using the public internet cafes unfortunately price of this wallets is quite high for a normal users like us as of now Im storing my coins into my external harddrives as an alternative to hardware wallets. 
altcoinhunter01

Activity: 840
Merit: 40

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2018, 12:00:48 PM

Fully agreed that only hardware wallets are fully secured from every hacking attack and no one can enter in your hardware wallet without your permission as you are the sole owner of that wallet and have access of that.

TheFaustFlick.com
»   Executive Produce a Comedy Film   «
✦ ────────  Facebook TwitterBountyTelegram  ──────── ✦
gesdan

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 01:33:19 PM

Hardware wallet is a good way to save your bitcoin and cryptocurrency, and as you know hardware wallet have the high security than the online wallet or the software wallet, so if you want to save your bitcoin and cryptocrrencies in a secure way, just use hardware wallet

qwerty1337

Activity: 209
Merit: 1

Semi-Decentralized Exchange

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 01:42:23 PM

Yes, I think also to use hardware wallet there are so many investors have lost their assets by hackers. It's really pathetic for an investor. They need to use hardware wallet to be safe I have decided to use hardware wallet also for keeping my money safe and sound.
A hardware wallet is really a necessary thing, for 2 years of use I have never worried about the safety of funds, all savings are kept safe. It is also convenient to transport and use it as a whole. Ledger nano is good

▂▃▅▆ BOLTON Coin (BFCL) ▆▅▃▂
▬ The Challenge that makes your dreams come true ▬
֍ ֍ [https://bfclcoin.com/]֍ ֍
Thyristor

Activity: 471

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 01:54:44 PM

I am interested to buy gold color KeepKey Hardware Wallet - https://www.amazon.com/KeepKey-Simple-Cryptocurrency-Hardware-Wallet/dp/B0143M2A5S/ Confusing KeepKey and Trezor which one best if anyone used suggest please. KeppKey prize huge others two wallet.
Vika0170

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 02:00:41 PM

Hardware wallets

If we consider how many bitcoins are produced today, namely about 16 million, only 12 of them are in active circulation. Every day added 3,600 new amount of cryptocoins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: