Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:04:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining still profitable?  (Read 1940 times)
thewelloffinvestor (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:39:48 PM

Is mininG still profitable these days and which coins are mainly mined except for bitcoin and bitcoin cash etc.

How much can one mine a day based on rig and cost?

These may be stupid questions but appreciate any help.
N00bMiner33

Activity: 51

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:11:30 PM

The best answer to your question is, "It depends."

The profit really depends on your individual situation.  You need to take the following into account:

1 - Equipment:  Are you planning on running ASICs, GPUs, CPUs, and/or thumb drive miners? 99% percent of people say only ASICs and GPUs are profitable, again that depends on what miner or equipment your running. 

2 - Electricity Cost:  What is your average cost per Kw?  Across America i think the average is $0.11 per Kw. Most mining calculators such as Coinwarz.com or Nicehash.com use a standard price of $0.10 per Kw. 

3 - Currency/Algorithm being Mined:  What do you plan on mining?  What is the current market for that currency?  What is the difficulty rate?  What is the rate of difficuly increase for the giving currency? 

4 - Market rates: What is the current price of your currency?

These are just a few of the main things you need to take into consideration before buying a miner. Beyond that you need space, a way to dissapate the heat from the miner, provide the proper electricity to the miner, a way to deal with the noise from the miner, and much more. 

I personally think mining is profitable but it does take a serious initial investment that you may not see a return on for 12 months.  The potential is there to make a fair bit of money, but don't quit your day job and don't invest any money you can't afford to loose
dagarair

Activity: 847
Merit: 383

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2017, 10:46:09 PM

if you take the time to browse that question is asked daily by noobs.  Just research for god's sake.  Yes is the answer.

4MW Data Center - I BUILT Tongue  - Full story below:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4789787.msg43227027#msg43227027
aurumrex

Activity: 115
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 03:10:03 AM

Use search option on this forum or Google search. You will find lots of info.
AY000804

Activity: 33

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 03:35:13 AM

mining profit is really depends on your country situation
from electricity to the cost of buying a mining rig.

and there is too many type of mining rig now , its hard to say which miner is the best for now.
maybe few months later it will become outdated already.
szafa

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:15:19 AM

Sia is profit,etherum,small profit in lbry.
jessicaph

Activity: 5

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:18:46 AM

yes it is it depends on the coins you are mining
if you see a coin that has a potential value in the future
keep mining it to the moon!
Bulletdodger

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:41:58 AM

if you wanna sell right away - use whattomine to figure out... well... what to mine. Tongue
if not, google the forum, find a coin you believe in will rise 100x and stick to it and hodl.

_
madwica

Activity: 714
Merit: 531

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:31:45 AM

Is mininG still profitable these days and which coins are mainly mined except for bitcoin and bitcoin cash etc.

The best answer to your question is, "It depends."

The profit really depends on your individual situation.  You need to take the following into account:

1 - Equipment:  Are you planning on running ASICs, GPUs, CPUs, and/or thumb drive miners? 99% percent of people say only ASICs and GPUs are profitable, again that depends on what miner or equipment your running. 

2 - Electricity Cost:  What is your average cost per Kw?  Across America i think the average is $0.11 per Kw. Most mining calculators such as Coinwarz.com or Nicehash.com use a standard price of $0.10 per Kw. 

3 - Currency/Algorithm being Mined:  What do you plan on mining?  What is the current market for that currency?  What is the difficulty rate?  What is the rate of difficuly increase for the giving currency? 

4 - Market rates: What is the current price of your currency?

These are just a few of the main things you need to take into consideration before buying a miner. Beyond that you need space, a way to dissapate the heat from the miner, provide the proper electricity to the miner, a way to deal with the noise from the miner, and much more. 

I personally think mining is profitable but it does take a serious initial investment that you may not see a return on for 12 months.  The potential is there to make a fair bit of money, but don't quit your day job and don't invest any money you can't afford to loose

1, choose the equipments that fits for your capital and make sure that the durability is good to work it for long period of time.

2. If you have enough capital to buy equipments need to consider the electricity rate in your area to be sure that all coins you mine is giving you good profit and not all income will goes to electricity.

3. Make sure you thats the coin you mine with high volume of demand.

4. Finally if you already coins do not sell it rush, just wait for the right time and make the coins at the higher value.
kiwasmose

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:08:50 AM

HSR is pretty good right now. Recently, Australia also adopted the HSR support resolution, you can enter a few miners community understand the latest HSR mining revenue. Tongue
-Sinner-

Activity: 224
Merit: 9

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:10:41 AM

don't think we need to think at mining anymore..

SHIPIT - Send packages. No couriers. Just people. (https://token.shipit.me/?utm_source=bitcointalk&utm_medium=signature)
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2017, 09:49:24 AM

The best answer to your questions is HERE, only one click away

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
the booz

Activity: 24

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:55:47 AM

im mining ether
and insights regarding the new protocol?

beachbummer

Activity: 251

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 10:15:37 AM

To me, mining is fun and a learning experience. If it becomes unprofitable, then just use my rig for gaming and entertainment.  Cheesy
Good_Boy

Activity: 784

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 10:37:06 AM

I think gpu mining profitable if you have low energy cost or low gpu cost or both of course. But i am wait bitcoin gold, and eth upgrade it can bust profit.
baga105

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:13:50 AM

Nope

Ass, Gas or Grass! No one rides for free!
Sjeikz

Activity: 71

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:38:17 AM

Mining with asics or gpus are both profitable, both have pros and cons. You just need to find out what you are comfortable with.
Ketariz

Activity: 38

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:39:35 AM

im mining ether
and insights regarding the new protocol?

After the update, the profitability will not change.
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:12:36 PM

Yes, mining is profitable.

There are a lot of factors to consider like cost of electricity, cost of GPUs, what coin you mine, etc.. But when you get all of this down and everything comes together, yes, mining is profitable. Actually, even if you don't have the most optimized configuration, mining income is still greater than cost of electricity at the moment and i believe this is sure for at least the remaining of 2017.
Basmic

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:48:30 PM

Mining with asics or gpus are both profitable, both have pros and cons. You just need to find out what you are comfortable with.
It seems to me that mining coins is using graphic card is cost-effective in countries with cheap electricity but this method has a very low profitability. The main advantage is that you can gradually build up power. No need to invest a lot of money to start. If this occupation you do not like or at some stage will be not profitable you can always sell your GPU and return part of the money spent. I think that you should start with this method.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: