Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:09:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Address with Avalon bulk chip payments now tops $8 million...  (Read 18082 times)
btcsql

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 01:51:02 AM

Yifu has telegraphed his thoughts loud and clear, which are basically that he could really care less about the emotions of a bunch of people with tens of thousands of dollars on the line in his venture. If you sent them money when they were starting out in hopes of riding their successes, well, you better get in line and realize you have no rights.

To some like myself, 100+ btc now represents a huge sum of money. Customers took on significant risk, no doubt about that. However, it is hard not to look at the carefully crafted Garzik-delivery-review followed by the Batch 2 release as the ultimate pump-and-dump by Avalon to funnel what, 60 thousand, 100 thousand bitcoins to their personal accounts? At which point they hold all the cards.

We agreed to their no bullshit Terms of Sale, but to be frank, the way they have conducted themselves given the amount of money on the line here is quite disturbing. I am not familiar with Eastern style of business, and really am trying to remain optimistic about the whole thing, but I can't help but feel that these two young men are sitting back sipping Martinis and have at this time said "Fuck it," taken on a few interns, and are letting the pieces fall as they may. No refunds, no questions, no communication.

I feel for anyone who has a serious amount of money tied up here. We are all real human beings with obligations, and in this case Avalon has a serious obligation to fulfill every single order they touched (including the poor Saps from Batch 1 who have STILL not received their orders). These types of sketchy "smuggle your ASIC through customs" dealings only further ingrain distrust in the community. Good for Avalon, that such meanderings are irrelevant when they hold all the coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mrkent

Activity: 249
Merit: 256

Try Purse Instant! https://purse.io/instant

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 01:51:35 AM

I called it when the took pre-orders by the 10ks.

Spend BTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTC @ amazon
Save 10-25% with Ƀ worldwide - PurseIO
Anonymously▃▃▃▃▃▃ ⌚Fast ⚖Safe ⓑOn Credit
Buy BTC w. Card
  Worldwide - Purse.IO
lithiumfinn

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:45:21 AM

Too bad Asicminer hasn't lowered their prices. Their shipping track record seems to be the best from what I can tell.
Pierre

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 03:26:09 AM

Oh wow I had no idea things were this bad at Avalon!
AKWAnalytics

Activity: 52

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 04:13:37 AM

ASICMiner does not have to lower their prices when this kind of stuff is going down (and they're mining).
melmo

Activity: 213

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 04:37:39 AM

I feel for anyone who has a serious amount of money tied up here. We are all real human beings with obligations, and in this case Avalon has a serious obligation to fulfill every single order they touched (including the poor Saps from Batch 1 who have STILL not received their orders). These types of sketchy "smuggle your ASIC through customs" dealings only further ingrain distrust in the community. Good for Avalon, that such meanderings are irrelevant when they hold all the coins.

Poor sap from Batch 1 checkin' in. 
dan99

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 04:59:54 AM

plenty of bfl troll ..
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 06:43:48 AM
Last edit: June 07, 2013, 07:17:57 AM by Xian01

Hrmph. Was about to pull the trigger on 288 chips and 18 K16's.

Guess I should wait for a bit after reading this thread... Ugh.
PaperClip

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 07:24:04 AM

If you will look at this list http://blockexplorer.com/q/nethash/2016 (difficulty history), you will find that on 5th of June there was difficulty increase for 3,452,220.98. That's new increase record, converted to terahashes - its equivalent to additional 25TH/s appeared in network.
And the previous increase record was two times less, only 1,848,179
Soo, I see only one explanation - most of Avalon 2nd batch ASICs are delivered
Pierre

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 07:25:53 AM

If you will look at this list http://blockexplorer.com/q/nethash/2016 (difficulty history), you will find that on 5th of June there was difficulty increase for 3,452,220.98. That's new increase record, converted to terahashes - its equivalent to additional 25TH/s appeared in network.
And the previous increase record was two times less, only 1,848,179
Soo, I see only one explanation - most of Avalon 2nd batch ASICs are delivered

No there's another explanation. Avalon is mining with people's rigs instead of delivering them.
Pierre

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 07:29:15 AM

Or ASICminer expanded their mining farm.
Without reporting it to the ASICMiner shareholders? I guess this is possible too.
PaperClip

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 07:40:09 AM

No there's another explanation. Avalon is mining with people's rigs instead of delivering them.
True. I think a lot of Avalon#2 investors are forum members here, they should create thread to count how many of them have received their unit.

If this graphic is correct - http://asicminercharts.com/, then their average increase of total hashing power during last two weeks is only few TH/s
BitSyncom

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 08:23:24 AM

somebody called and woke me up in the middle of the night for this, so I'll keep it short.

1a. see the conference video, I thought that's an update; for the lazy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY1xgGiejIc
1b. also got cornered after the panel and somebody took this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtVx26LlNXA
2. an update incoming in < 1 week, pretty exciting.
3. we fully understand there is problems with orders ( no way?! )
- we can not address these issues IF WE DO NOT SOLVE OUR PRODUCTION ISSUE then we can not DELIVER at all.
- so until that happens, get all your information ready and bump the ticket if it makes you feel better, or just wish to complain and blow off some steam. ( please do not create new ones though, usually looking at the support system ticket insolvency merging at least 5-6 other ones first... ).
4. this forum is a giant waste of time, get back to coding, go outside, hug your mother, do something,

lastly, food for though:

who says we control that address in the first place?  Wink

rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 09:04:25 AM

who says we control that address in the first place?  Wink

ZOMG

Maybe they lost the key Smiley
Its official they lost the key Grin
GodfatherBond

Activity: 264

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 09:04:32 AM

somebody called and woke me up in the middle of the night for this, so I'll keep it short.

1a. see the conference video, I thought that's an update; for the lazy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY1xgGiejIc
1b. also got cornered after the panel and somebody took this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtVx26LlNXA
- we can not address these issues IF WE DO NOT SOLVE OUR PRODUCTION ISSUE then we can not DELIVER at all.
- so until that happens, get all your information ready and bump the ticket if it makes you feel better, or just wish to complain and blow off some steam. ( please do not create new ones though, usually looking at the support system ticket insolvency merging at least 5-6 other ones first... ).
4. this forum is a giant waste of time, get back to coding, go outside, hug your mother, do something,

lastly, food for though:

Thank you for the update!
JordanL
Donator

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 09:33:52 AM

Without reporting it to the ASICMiner shareholders? I guess this is possible too.

They went from ~20 TH/s to between 26 and 29 TH/s during this period. They have also delivered 4000 333 MH/s USBs, and hundreds (if not thousands) of 13 GH/s blades to customers. My third batch of blade orders has already arrived across the pacific.    Tongue
JordanL
Donator

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 09:35:49 AM

lastly, food for though:

Wow, glad I only ordered one.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 10:09:47 AM

They went from ~20 TH/s to between 26 and 29 TH/s during this period. They have also delivered 4000 333 MH/s USBs, and hundreds (if not thousands) of 13 GH/s blades to customers. My third batch of blade orders has already arrived across the pacific.    Tongue

Oh, and I've got 10 of those USB miners here.... they are averaging 400 MH/s.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
ftping

Activity: 183

200 OK

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 11:02:32 AM

lastly, food for though:

Oh Yifu great one, I never doubted thee! Grin

Seriously though, everyone needs to relax instead of spreading FUD, like the garbage that appeared on btcbible yesterday.
lucasjkr

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 12:03:42 PM

Not for nothing, but i was always under the impression that their units were shipped and in the wild. At least looking at their website, I saw no indication that they were't.

So it's true then, that ASCIMiner essentially controls ALL of the ASIC mining power at this point?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: