Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:47:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Address with Avalon bulk chip payments now tops $8 million...  (Read 18086 times)
ftping

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

200 OK

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 12:06:18 PM

Not for nothing, but i was always under the impression that their units were shipped and in the wild. At least looking at their website, I saw no indication that they were't.

So it's true then, that ASCIMiner essentially controls ALL of the ASIC mining power at this point?

I would say yes... Except for the few BFL jallys in the wild. It is also possible there are other ASIC companies that just aren't public. No one can know for sure.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 12:12:10 PM

Not for nothing, but i was always under the impression that their units were shipped and in the wild. At least looking at their website, I saw no indication that they were't.

So it's true then, that ASCIMiner essentially controls ALL of the ASIC mining power at this point?

I would say yes... Except for the few BFL jallys in the wild. It is also possible there are other ASIC companies that just aren't public. No one can know for sure.

And paying out 1-3% weekly dividends on their stock Wink.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 01:17:59 PM

This has potential to become the biggest scam in Bitcoin-history.

Ready the deadliest weapon in our arsenal - the SCAMMER-TAG!!
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 01:38:47 PM

The real Q is how to cash out 65K btc to pay for expenses. Even half of that is a lot to cash out. Look at the order book at Gox and you can see thats going to be difficult.

I've been mentioning this for a while - the marketplace is not ready to support the price in many circles (some webdev circles, sure)

be ready for a swoon/crash for the next rocky 6 months unless merchants step to the plate and start doing some heavy lifting and accepting bitcoin

from miners needing to get their ROI to ASIC builders having to deal with suppliers who don't take btc, you have an exodus waiting to happen or a flood to a few brave souls to fill in the next gaps

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 01:52:29 PM

Sum that to the other 43k+ BTC from batch3 orders that are sitting in one wallet too. Its clear to me that is no more  avalons funds, but the payment processors cold wallet or something and maybe they lack a reason to cash out at this point. Let it be.
guitar82

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:05:41 PM

My thought from the beginning is that it is an investors wallet who already funded avalon. Why else would everything be setup the way it is. Why all the scam paranoia?
dvolosk

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:23:07 PM

I have a contact in China which I use for sourcing inventory. Last week I asked her to look into getting ahold of the Avalon chips for less than the 0.085~ BTC rate the chips are typically going for in this forum's group buy threads. She contacted the TSMC foundry, which said that they aren't producing the chips anymore. At the time I brushed it off as maybe she had bad information or any other numbers of things could have happened, but with this new information this does not bode well.
guitar82

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:25:10 PM

So maybe they have a new chip they will substitute with a higher hash rate? I can hope right?
ftping

200 OK

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:36:11 PM

I have a contact in China which I use for sourcing inventory. Last week I asked her to look into getting ahold of the Avalon chips for less than the 0.085~ BTC rate the chips are typically going for in this forum's group buy threads. She contacted the TSMC foundry, which said that they aren't producing the chips anymore. At the time I brushed it off as maybe she had bad information or any other numbers of things could have happened, but with this new information this does not bode well.

Is it not possible that TSMC would just deny producing Avalon chips due to security/insurance concerns?
Admitting it is pretty much saying "come on in guys, we produce money generating ICs!"
dvolosk

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:37:22 PM

Is it not possible that TSMC would just deny producing Avalon chips due to security/insurance concerns?
Admitting it is pretty much saying "come on in guys, we produce money generating ICs!"

The key word here is "anymore". Also I doubt that the world's largest semiconductor foundry is worried about security.
lithiumfinn

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:42:06 PM

So maybe they have a new chip they will substitute with a higher hash rate? I can hope right?

I could see that counting as the exciting news they plan to announce.
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:48:05 PM

Yifu speaks!  Excellent.  Great to hear at least a bit of an update.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
BitSyncom

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:49:29 PM

LOLOLOLOL, right.

she and by extension, you; are full of shit, or have some serious brass in your pockets, getting information on which company is producing chips at the foundry, let's forget the NDAs. Oh let me guess you also know that foundry uses project numbers, nobody even know what's an Avalon Chip over there.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

also, parts came in, expect update this weekend.

ftping

200 OK

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:53:17 PM

The key word here is "anymore". Also I doubt that the world's largest semiconductor foundry is worried about security.

^^^

I think you need to find a better source.
dvolosk

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 03:05:33 PM

LOLOLOLOL, right.

she and by extension, you; are full of shit, or have some serious brass in your pockets, getting information on which company is producing chips at the foundry, let's forget the NDAs. Oh let me guess you also know that foundry uses project numbers, nobody even know what's an Avalon Chip over there.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

This is all I had to go on:

https://i.imgur.com/gpcFge8.png

I have money invested in Avalon chips, and the goal of my posts was to get a somewhat authoritative response debunking my info. I couldn't have asked for more than hearing from Yifu himself, so thanks for that.
TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 03:10:05 PM

LOLOLOLOL, right.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

I have money invested in Avalon chips, and the goal of my posts was to get a somewhat authoritative response debunking my info. I couldn't have asked for more than hearing from Yifu himself, so thanks for that.

It should prob be said here that even IF this would be true, they could very well have already produced enough to cover all current orders and more, and since moved on to producing a new chip design. Aka. This is not even at worst proof that the chips aren't being shipped.
ftping

200 OK

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 03:11:45 PM

LOLOLOLOL, right.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Yeah, okay. That wasn't the goal of your posts. The goal of your post was to make people nervous, when most people that have been waiting for months already are. Otherwise, you wouldn't have said "but with this new information this does not bode well," you would have just stated what your misinformed source told you and left it at that.
dvolosk

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 03:13:25 PM

Yeah, okay. That wasn't the goal of your posts. The goal of your post was to make people nervous, when most people that have been waiting for months already are. Otherwise, you wouldn't have said "but with this new information this does not bode well," you would have just stated what your misinformed source told you and left it at that.

balls, you got me. we've got a real sherlock over here folks
ftping

200 OK

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 03:15:13 PM

balls, you got me. we've got a real sherlock over here folks

Kiss
btcsql

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 03:15:49 PM

Thanks for the reply, Yifu. It is definitely reassuring. Perhaps you could explain why Feb 2nd orders are being stonewalled and you are shipping Feb 18th orders beforehand? We paid 75 btc and they paid 55 btc, and we put a lot of faith in you, and the Feb 2nd orders still do not appear in the shop. Also, what about the Batch 1 sap who still hasn't gotten his ASIC?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: