Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:24:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin VS. GOLD  (Read 4237 times)
iliev41

Activity: 106
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 04:00:45 PM

In investing money into places is more important than relying on one type of investment, it is certainly beneficial when one investment is not profitable then we can still hope in another.
With the two commodities now in roughly the same price range, it's worth putting aside some of bitcoin's short-term volatility and liquidity concerns to compare them as long-term stores of value side by side.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
frerejaak

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

Cross-Border Blockchain Real Estate Marketplace

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 04:08:35 PM

Both Bitcoin and gold are good when it comes to investment but I think Bitcoin is better because it is more profitable than gold. The value of Bitcoin is getting higher unlike gold that is more stable on its value.

if you take a look at the gold price over the years, it's also rising steadily. The difference with bitcoin is that it's impossible to make more bitcoin, but it is possible to 'create' gold, or at least it will be in the future. Then again, gold could become more valuable as more use cases are being discovered. Either way, I think both have their place in the world of investing, and i wouldn't go all in on either one.

◖◖◖◖◖ RealtyReturns ◗◗◗◗◗
━━━ Cross-Border Blockchain-based Real Estate Marketplace ━━━
FACEBOOKREDDITTWITTERTELEGRAM ☞ANN Thread
ICODA
Copper Member

Activity: 133
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 04:38:18 PM

Totally agree, you need to have different type of investment, otherwise it is too risky to rely on something specific.
evanstinger

Activity: 123
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 05:27:12 PM

IF there was a war and I needed to flee the country, which asset do you think would be easier and more secure to transport?

Bullseye!  Grin

If you guys ever watched Harry Potter, there was moments when he amazed and said: "I love magic!"
That's me, when I'm saying: "I love tech!"

I can never stop admiring how technologies keep growing and changing our ways of life.
Blockchain will enable billions of possibility to improve our life.
Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are just one of them. I personally believe, BTC is the new gold. The digital gold. Easier and secure to store, send, or even transporting in case of any trouble.

Blockshipping    ICO starts 14 May 2018
⋙ ⟫  https://www.blockshipping.io/  ⟪ ⋘
ICODA
Copper Member

Activity: 133

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 05:38:18 PM

Of course, future is related to IT development, but BTC is still unsecure on 100% and this is an issue.
Victorias

Activity: 253

Gamblica Token Sale launch 01.03.2018!

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 05:41:44 PM

I think that bitcoin and gold are of equal value and are good assets. I invest in gold and bitcoin at the same time.

Kambal2000

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 05:56:43 PM

I think that bitcoin and gold are of equal value and are good assets. I invest in gold and bitcoin at the same time.
You are right, gold are good assets and as an investment and most of all they are secured and protected by the government, but it is not that profitable as to what bitcoin can give to us since in bitcoin you can actually earn even for a day when the price pumps, the thing is that you just have to watch over the price.
Maheshkumar_Hrangkhawl

Activity: 600
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 06:00:00 PM

It looks like investors are losing their interest in gold. The volume of gold imports have gone down in both China and India, which represent two of the largest markets. Even in the other markets such as the US, the trend is negative.
dongosquad

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 06:05:08 PM

Both Bitcoin and gold are good when it comes to investment but I think Bitcoin is better because it is more profitable than gold. The value of Bitcoin is getting higher unlike gold that is more stable on its value.
If choosing both as an investment tool is a very appropriate choice. Gold has a real value but the movement of her heroes is not as fast as bitcoin. Conversely bitcoin is very volatile. So, my suggestion is profit from cryptocurrency serve as capital to buy gold.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
YNAGS Team

Activity: 220

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 06:05:44 PM

I think that bitcoin has a huge volatility at the same time gold (in my country) is stable growing from beginning till the very today!
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 06:15:27 PM

Both bitcoin and the gold are all store of value it relevancy depends on the values that is place on them and what make such value available is the services such commodity perform e.g bitcoin is a store of value and at the same time a store of value but the gold in the other hand umis just a store of value so with this bitcoin is much higher the gold base on my own personal opinion.
Rembrumt

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:01:10 PM

I don't think so ,btc need some hardware support but gold didn't
budz0425

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:20:32 PM

Both bitcoin and the gold are all store of value it relevancy depends on the values that is place on them and what make such value available is the services such commodity perform e.g bitcoin is a store of value and at the same time a store of value but the gold in the other hand umis just a store of value so with this bitcoin is much higher the gold base on my own personal opinion.
Yes that is right, instead of comparing them then invest in both ways so that your money can maximize since in gold you have the assurance that you will not lost much of your investment, but it will take you time before you can double up your investment unlike in bitcoin wherein you can play with the market anytime.
Leyss

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:25:01 PM

Will the bitcoin replace the Gold? If there is A war coming everyone will run to the Bitcoin instead of the gold?
Some analyst  say that in 5 years BTC will be less than $100 while GOLD will be above 10K, your thoghts?
I did my risk mangment and split my investments, boght PAX coin to be on the safe side.

link for more info: https://payperex.com

Why exactly bitcoin or gold ?. Among my acquaintances, I generally do not know such that they collect and accumulate value in gold. Of course, everyone has gold jewelry, but they do not collect it as a means of storing value.
 In my opinion, in case of war, your savings can simply be transferred to the country's bank, which will not participate in the military conflict. In addition, now there are a lot of varieties of different bank cards that are accepted for payment all over the world.
Even if the funds in some people are in gold, they can be converted through the bank into any currency and transferred to any country, where again, if desired, can be turned into gold. Therefore, it is not necessary to drag gold with them in case of any military conflict.
Nicolaus Copernicus

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:29:57 PM

Many people call Bitcoin The digital Gold. But Bitcoin is totally different. It is very volatile on the contrary we've seen that gold price do not shift that frequently. But I think both are good for investing.
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:33:43 PM

Many people call Bitcoin The digital Gold. But Bitcoin is totally different. It is very volatile on the contrary we've seen that gold price do not shift that frequently. But I think both are good for investing.
Gold is a more stable investment than Bitcoin which is so volatile and in the time of crisis like wars or financial crisis, people tend to go in for gold because they believe in its power.
frerejaak

Activity: 182

Cross-Border Blockchain Real Estate Marketplace

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:40:08 PM

for now that's correct, but gold kept a lot of stability when it was linked to dollars. If you check out the charts, you'll see its actually not as stable as people think, it just exists a lot longer than bitcoin

◖◖◖◖◖ RealtyReturns ◗◗◗◗◗
━━━ Cross-Border Blockchain-based Real Estate Marketplace ━━━
FACEBOOKREDDITTWITTERTELEGRAM ☞ANN Thread
Skieleton

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 08:10:11 PM

Will the bitcoin replace the Gold? If there is A war coming everyone will run to the Bitcoin instead of the gold?
Some analyst  say that in 5 years BTC will be less than $100 while GOLD will be above 10K, your thoghts?
I did my risk mangment and split my investments, boght PAX coin to be on the safe side.

link for more info: https://payperex.com

Many experts draw attention to the similarities between the most popular cryptocurrency and gold. Does bitcoin and gold really have much in common? Here's a small comparison:

Decentralization and independence
The main advantage of the bitcoin currency is its independence. The value of bitcoins is based on the so-called blockchain, or a decentralized database stored on devices of all system users. It is on the basis of the information contained there that the authenticity of the bitmonet is confirmed, which makes it possible to carry out the transaction. In turn, each subsequent transaction expands the said database.

Bitcoin - like gold - operates on its own terms, thanks to which it is independent of central banks and governments, as well as the situation on the markets of other assets.

Limited resources
The algorithm, on the basis of which bitcoin technology works, allows the entry into circulation of a certain number of coins - 21 million. Each bitcoin is a code generated by the system that can be "extracted", i.e. obtained after sharing the appropriate computing power of your device. No one from the outside can generate new codes, therefore bitcoin resources are limited and will be exhausted. What's more - the fewer bitcoins remain, the more difficult and more expensive it becomes to "extract" them, because each subsequent code is more complicated than the previous one.

Bitcoins and gold can only be extracted. To get them you need to invest time and money. The bank will not print them, the government will not devalue.

Kryptowartość
Cryptocurrency is the currency, or contractual - and in this case completely virtual - medium of exchange of values, which, however, does not have it in itself. Meanwhile, the value of gold is based on its physicality. Its existence does not require advanced technology or internet access. On the contrary - the yellow ore keeps its value despite the technology. Gold is therefore on the other side of the barricade and therefore is the best safeguard for modern crises. When everything else goes down, gold will be gold.

Bitcoin is an experiment that can bring a quick profit but at the same time generates a lot of risk. Gold is a real money and a safe way to diversify your portfolio.
xbudahx

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 08:43:24 PM

We come to the conclusion that it is exactly bitcoin that the role is to replace gold as a safe asset. It can grow in price indefinitely - it's a commodity that costs nothing!
seattlenonsmoker

Activity: 251
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 09:01:44 PM

Gold is not for nothing called a precious metal. It does not enter into chemical reactions and is one of the most durable materials on the planet. Bitcoin, theoretically, can be destroyed if certain circumstances develop during the mining. So far, such situations have not arisen.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: