Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:29:26 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin VS. GOLD  (Read 4238 times)
chidrawarster

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:16:58 AM

Both are different, gold is a physical asset and btc is digital currency decentralised. If the demand rises, both the things will be in equal dominance I feel so. But gold is popular as it being physical and used for various purposes as ornaments and jewellery especially. Whereas btc is basically on blockchain technology and being rising slowly and will reach slowly the previous highs.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
adadaorlina

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 12:31:32 PM

Bitcoin is a decentralized digital currency that exist on a network of computers. For me I just pick bitcoin because bitcoin help me so much in many ways that's why bitcoin is much more near to my heart. Moreover, all countries have agreed that gold as a wealth asset. Even more people are open to gold than bitcoin.
cmacwiz

Activity: 704
Merit: 270

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 12:41:56 PM

Will the bitcoin replace the Gold? If there is A war coming everyone will run to the Bitcoin instead of the gold?
Some analyst  say that in 5 years BTC will be less than $100 while GOLD will be above 10K, your thoghts?
I did my risk mangment and split my investments, boght PAX coin to be on the safe side.

link for more info: https://payperex.com

It’s true that bitcoin has come along way since it has started and it has also defeated gold in the terms of price but still I would prefer holdings of gold over holdings of bitcoins. This is because firstly, gold is way more popular than bitcoin and gold has way more users than bitcoin all over the world. Then gold is trusted by most of the people throughout the world whereas bitcoin is not trusted by most of the people throughout the world.
sort_cirkit

Activity: 368
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 01:19:54 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2018, 01:35:20 PM by sort_cirkit

Some analyst  say that in 5 years BTC will be less than $100 while GOLD will be above 10K, your thoghts?
All things are possible. People who did not know about crypto-currency, analyzed thats. Bitcoin price has reached $ 135(2013) to $ 8,600(today). https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/
Gold price had 1670/oz (2013) and today 1,320/oz. https://goldprice.org/gold-price-history.html
I did my risk mangment and split my investments, boght PAX coin to be on the safe side.
You advertising PAX coin, very good. But it is better to not confuse misleading / false statements.
crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:54:24 PM

some analysts say the next 5 years bitcoin will lose its value, others say bitcoin will reach the highest price, that's above $ 50K. I believe bitcoin will rise high because every year the bitcoin stock gets smaller to mined. while those already mined will not be sold, many are holding for the long term. I also hold Bitcoin.
wahyu.prist

Activity: 165
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:27:12 PM

I prefer to use Bitcoin instead of gold. Because if Bitcoin is stored in Bockhain and can be accessed by everyone but gold is only for the jewelry and beauty of a woman. And Bitcoin as a capital asset to buy gold.Thanks
brengoskandel

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:32:01 PM

Bitcoin is digital currency and its like gold real world. Bitcoin have more advantages than gold because bitcoin more flexible and more safe than gold. But gold most favorable because people know the physical and can touch it.
For me, I am more choosing bitcoin because we live in digital world and bitcoin is more profitable than gold.
steelzeppelin

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:35:19 PM

Gold:

Monetry value = scarce, fungible, decent medium of exchange, potential unit of account.

Utility value = good at making physical jewlery (malleable)

Bitcoin:

Monetary value = scarce, fungible, excellent medium of exchange, potential unit of account.

Utility value = ability to record data in a global immutable encodable ledger (single source of truth)

For the people who understand golds potential but discount bitcoins. Realise that in an increasingly globalised and digital world, immutable uncorruptable record keeping is much more valuable than the ability to make jewlery.
kucritt

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:39:07 PM

i think bitcoin and gold is the different thing, bitcoin is the digital form that only used in internet and just worked online as the currencies, we can try use bitcoin like the money, but the gold is has the physic form and i think gold is the pure investment, why? because if we have gold we can't use it like the bitcoin or money. so i think bitcoin and the gold is totally different

eashikde

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:40:03 PM

Hello friends. I think here many understand that a long-term investment is gold. It is and will always be, and bitcoin still does not know its future
SPQR_Legionnaire

Activity: 34
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:40:50 PM

Gold has been regarded as a store of value for thousands of years. It is somewhat rare and also beautiful for jewellery and decoration, and has technological uses.

I took the demand in tons and price for metal gold from from World Gold Council website. For 2017 the demand in billions of US dollars are as approx follows.

Jewellery 87.5

Technology uses 13.7

Investment 50.2

Banks and Institutions 15.2

The demand for use as Jewellery is impressive.

Crypto could fight to compete, but maybe it will take many many years 10s, 100s ... or never.

I am focusing on store of value and utility. Whether gold is useful as money is another issue, though there are some possibilities to spend online against a store of gold bullion.
gantengmaksimal2017

Activity: 166

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:46:43 PM

Will the bitcoin replace the Gold? If there is A war coming everyone will run to the Bitcoin instead of the gold?

Great question. Okay, I will answer your question. Gold is physically form, and Bitcoin is Virtual Form. So, this is the different. And I think, Bitcoin on the future, maybe 5 until 10 years will replace Gold. this is maybe occure, because now is digital world, and the society will change to virtual money like Bitcoin.

》》  HashCard   ∥|▌REVOLUTIONISING HOW YOU USE CREDIT & DEBIT CARDS
█████████████████ ▌|∥     JOIN WHITELIST     ∥|▐ █████████████████
WPTelegramTwitterFacebookMediumGithubYoutubeANN
jonemil24

Activity: 448
Merit: 59

imagine me

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:21:29 PM

Great question. Okay, I will answer your question. Gold is physically form, and Bitcoin is Virtual Form. So, this is the different. And I think, Bitcoin on the future, maybe 5 until 10 years will replace Gold. this is maybe occure, because now is digital world, and the society will change to virtual money like Bitcoin.

Just so you know, there's also a digital form of gold which is and ETF and it's backed by real gold.

Many have made their predictions on cryptocurrencies, they're those who shill and those who spread FUDs. In this cryptocurrency space, there will be a Warren Buffet and a John McAfee, there will be a believer for the new technology and there will be who wants only to get profit.

We are already in a new age, bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies aim for one thing - be your own bank!

I hope your investment with that platform is secure, and updates from you about it is highly anticipated.

Normally, if given a choice to do something and nothing, I choose to do nothing.
But I will do something if it helps someone else to do nothing.
I'd work all night if it meant nothing got done.
- Roy Swanson
cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:32:23 PM

You have a point there when in terms of diversification of investments. We can invest to Gold and Bitcoin at the same time. Bitcoin has volatility which means that your investment can have high returns in no time while Gold was well-known and widely used to the market especially for jewelries with more on demand.
Alanpigi80

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:48:21 PM

If I have to put my investment in safety, I'd rather choose gold because its value is known by everybody. Bitcoin is more useful for speculations and have a higher risk
P60

Activity: 378

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:51:41 PM

You have a point there when in terms of diversification of investments. We can invest to Gold and Bitcoin at the same time. Bitcoin has volatility which means that your investment can have high returns in no time while Gold was well-known and widely used to the market especially for jewelries with more on demand.
Indeed, you can invest in gold and Bitcoin at the same time. Both have different potentials and both have different ways in order to help you to gain profit. Gold is very popular back then as a way of exchange while Bitcoin is the best digital currency thst keeps rising.

Skieleton

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:01:34 PM

If I have to put my investment in safety, I'd rather choose gold because its value is known by everybody. Bitcoin is more useful for speculations and have a higher risk
The amount of gold in the frame is over. Second thing, do you know someone who made a lot of money by investing in gold? Because I do not. Investors in BTC know a lot of such people.
Kita Kita

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:19:14 PM

Even that investing with bitcoin have a higher risk i will still invest with bitcoin because i am sure that i can be very rich man if  i will continue to buy and to support bitcoin, and for me buying gold is also good but buying bitcoin is the best to do.

A re'volutionary decentralized digital economy 
Join us:██`Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github
.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
rasp

Activity: 900
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:25:22 PM

Bitcoin and gold are very similar, and both are used as a means of storing valuables. The only disadvantage of bitcoin is that its price is not constant and varies greatly, because of this many distrust it.
MacStone

Activity: 152

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:26:24 PM

Seriously, why are there still people comparing bitcoin will gold? it makes no sense, because they both are much different from each other. It's like comparing flowers with fiat money.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: