Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:24:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Send all the libertarians to prison and beat it out of them.  (Read 5394 times)
compro01

Activity: 590
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 03:22:05 PM

I guess the state has a monopoly on all liberty-oriented figures now.

That's exactly what got him in trouble for counterfeiting.  Too cute by a half.

Agreed that is mighty similar, but when was the last time those were minted?

a few hundred thousand were made in the 60s, but those were never released and were later melted down.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zaphod

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 05:36:07 PM

http://0.tqn.com/d/coins/1/G/p/1/-/-/american-liberty-dollar-obv.jpg

I guess the state has a monopoly on all liberty-oriented figures now.

That's exactly what got him in trouble for counterfeiting.  Too cute by a half.

http://coins.thefuntimesguide.com/images/blogs/peace-silver-dollar-obverse-2.jpg

Agreed that is mighty similar, but when was the last time those were minted?

I'd have to look up the date, but the point is they're still valid currency (though the silver is worth more than a dollar).  His mistake was making something that looked like real US currency.  All he had to do was make something that looked unique and he would have been fine.
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 07:13:47 PM

NORFED == rook sacrifice

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
Fakeman

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 08:19:12 PM

I'd have to look up the date, but the point is they're still valid currency (though the silver is worth more than a dollar).  His mistake was making something that looked like real US currency.  All he had to do was make something that looked unique and he would have been fine.
There are also current issue US bullion coins that are based on other earlier designs, not to mention all the commemorative one-offs they come out with all the time, some of which are pretty amateurish looking IMO. It really isn't a big stretch to say that some people would mix them up with gov issued currency. On top of that the "Trust in God" paraphrase is just asking for it.

16wEsax3GGvJmjiXCMQUWeHdgyDG5DXa2W
Rage

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 12:31:46 AM

What they will do is demonize bitcoin. They are already doing this. Note how the politicians and media constantly note that bitcoin is being used for drugs and gambling? Why do you think that is? Its designed to make bitcoin sound like some shady criminal system. Even though the vast majority of people don't use bitcoin for illegal activities.

If they do make arrests the media will spin it so it sounds like the people they arrest are drug dealing, money laundering criminals.

All the average American needs in order to tip from 'apathetic' to 'go get those Bitcoin bastards' is to hear the government (through our phony media outlets, of course) say that they have evidence that some terrorist group is being financed using Bitcoin or they're using it to buy stuff. Make no mistake, Bitcoin presents a *much* greater threat then Julian Assange because it threatens the entire fake money system that's in place here in the USA. Get the government pissed, you might get away; get the government financiers pissed and they'll take you out quick in any way they can.

You have to understand that Americans aren't exactly the sharpest tools in the shed. They are EASILY manipulated by the main stream media.

Unfortunately, though I hate to admit it, you're right. Our country went through a whole period in the 1960's and 1970's where the mainstream news pretty much was dispatched to the networks from CIA headquarters in a giant public psyop.  It's admitted, well established, and yet the average American still doesn't believe it. Ask them and they will give you 100 reasons why having an 'independent media' is so fantastic in this country. Makes me want to f*^king vomit.

Sometimes, I hate being American. Then I remember it's not the country, it's the government that's betrayed us.

psyborgue

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 01:24:27 AM

say that they have evidence that some terrorist group is being financed using Bitcoin

LulzSec

or they're using it to buy stuff.

Silk Road

Just wait.  There will be more.
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 03:58:51 AM

say that they have evidence that some terrorist group is being financed using Bitcoin

LulzSec

or they're using it to buy stuff.

Silk Road

Just wait.  There will be more.
I thought I read somewhere LulzSec 'quit' or something like that.  I didn't care to click the link, so I don't know.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Atom

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

"Basics Of Generational Dynamics" - Look it up!

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2011, 04:23:18 AM

Revolutions always have their martyrs, so my hope is it all falls down quietly when they're no longer able to either roll over the debt, and no revolution is required.

I am an optimist.

BitTalk
with Atlas & Atom
A Show for the Bitcoin Universe, Fresh Episodes Weekly!
Episode 3 out now at BitTalk.tv

Liked this weeks episode of BitTalk?  Send us your 2¢ (.02BTC) 
13RVBjpo3xLeDBkB2NM64N8sWK4fariZUu
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2011, 07:35:25 AM

Unfortunately, though I hate to admit it, you're right. Our country went through a whole period in the 1960's and 1970's where the mainstream news pretty much was dispatched to the networks from CIA headquarters in a giant public psyop.  It's admitted, well established, and yet the average American still doesn't believe it. Ask them and they will give you 100 reasons why having an 'independent media' is so fantastic in this country. Makes me want to f*^king vomit.

Uhm... You think that stopped? Nope. They package video and everything in their 'Press Releases' now. No work needed. just put the tape in, read the copy for the intro, and sit back. You can spot it easier if you watch different local news stations. When you see the same 'Correspondent' on three stations, that's a sure sign.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
em3rgentOrdr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2011, 07:55:34 AM

No, it wont happen. The political system would loose legitimacy in the eye of a lot of people, and they need all the fools believing in "the best interest of the nation", the "greater good" and "I do it for your well being" to stay in power.

+1. The state relies on an aura of legitimacy in order to excercise power.

This is why de-centrallization is so important. They can easily streak down one central point, but they really can not go against everybody

See my signature for the classic Satoshi quote on this matter...

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: