Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:17:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ico scams  (Read 1667 times)
Sirjamesadeiza (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 10:18:28 PM

Have you ever been scammed in an ico,
How?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lipe490

Activity: 602
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 10:24:41 PM

I've never been a scam victim in an ICO project for the simple fact of investigating where I'm putting my money by looking for github, the team behind, the authenticity of the project, and everything. There was a project a week ago called Sentry that they were suspicious from the start calling themselves the Stratis Killer, Waves killer and I warned a lot of people not to get into it but everyone was talking shit to me and saying I was a "fudder". In the end the fact was confirmed and the pilangers stole more than 100 ethereum.
GreatOrchid
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 10:28:26 PM

A lot of people have been scammed by icos lately, and there is nothing new with it because a lot of them are only created to raise a lot of funds, and the make the founders run away from that, it is common nowadays, maybe the half of them are scam, and they all are making false promises to their investors, like saying that they are going to have 3000% return if they invest, it is so easy to find an ico like that in this forum.
That is why i never invest in this kind of programs, it is too risky for me.
greeklogos

Activity: 658
Merit: 152

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 10:35:53 PM

I didn't invest in any ICO yet. But I count myself Asa part of the ICO when I'm working for their promotion at the current moment  Smiley When Multibot ICO will be over all participants of the commercial in the way of signature campaign will get some tokens and it's going to be my first experience about getting some other altcoin, but not BTC.
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:35:26 PM

How?

You know if you have been scammed if you invested on it and never got the promised dividend or tokens. Or if you joined the bounty campaign and at the end, no coins what distributed among its participants. That's how someone get scammed. I personally never been scammed and the only ICO I have joined already paid me as well. I was not scammed because I joined an ICO that has trust and name on it. And that I'm very optimistic that they wouldn't run of the investors money. Though there are really alot of bounties not paying their participants and investors. You can check it out on the scam accusation or reputation section. There is really a lot of risk involved in ICO's, and you are lucky if you find one that really gave good returns in the end.
12retepnat34

Activity: 319
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 12:24:49 AM

For me I have not experience of get scammed of an ICOs because i'm still new here and new to ICOs but I also take extra measure to not involve of that scam ICOs I make sure to look at the team behind that projects before investing.

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 12:31:46 AM

I've never been a scam victim in an ICO project for the simple fact of investigating where I'm putting my money by looking for github, the team behind, the authenticity of the project, and everything. There was a project a week ago called Sentry that they were suspicious from the start calling themselves the Stratis Killer, Waves killer and I warned a lot of people not to get into it but everyone was talking shit to me and saying I was a "fudder". In the end the fact was confirmed and the pilangers stole more than 100 ethereum.

The night before I read about it being a scam I was bummed out that I didn't buy in. In hindsight I was lucky.
misa999

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 12:34:27 AM

never....just be catious and make your personal research every time!!http://
jlp

Activity: 266
Merit: 264

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 12:42:00 AM

It's not just scams.  Another problem is with crap ICOs.  These are ICOs that are not necessarily trying to scam, but they have flawed ideas, or they are clued out about the limitations of the blockchain.  Because so many people want to host ICOs, they are putting anything and everything onto the blockchain.  Most of these won't work.  However, investors are not aware of their flaws.

Read:

3 kinds of ICOs - Protect Yourself
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2243157
Keziara

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:18:18 AM

in order to avoid the scam ico ,, you firsthand to find out as detailed as possible about the ico who will follow ,, can also search tau informasiny in forums such as BTT
Sarah08

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:38:35 AM

How?

Actually I didn't have and experience of being scammed by icos but my friend has an experience and I said that he should be careful always in joining ico's,and he experience posting and giving time to the campaign or posting many in forums but when the end of campaign and distribution he didn't get any single amount of bitcoin that's why it is very hard for him,so in that ,every time he joins campaigns and ICO he is searching deep information's and more knowledge for him to be secured.
GuyGerald

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:40:10 AM

I shake hands with the one who confesses, surely there must be someone here
Lipe490

Activity: 602
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 11:03:58 AM

The night before I read about it being a scam I was bummed out that I didn't buy in. In hindsight I was lucky.
Unfortunately people only listen to you when the shit is already thrown in the fan. I am always warning of fraudulent icos and bad faith people who exist in the world of crypto-coins. I was charged with several things in the official Sentry chat when I repeatedly warned about the risk of investing. Now a guy from the chat is desperate sending pm to me because he lost 2k usd and it was the only money he had and was saving for a good investment. All I can say now it's that I am sorry for them. You're a smart guy for not putting money on it. I think lessons have been learned.
sealofsun

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 11:07:00 AM

I see a lot of people are scare Ico, I can't trust any new Ico
VeeTeaSee

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 11:07:57 AM

there are many scam ICO , could be that no one knows and it keeps being traded on the exchanges for no reason
there are many reasons for scam coins.. could be even a laundry scheme that needs some small volume or just a thief from people
Dr0idGuru

Activity: 153

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 11:25:35 AM

You have to setup your process:
  * due diligence on the team, and do some research in LinkedIn
  * looking to Github and see the commits
  * search in Google Trends
It worked for me.
ryanben

Merit: 114

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 11:45:56 AM

Initially I started to participate in the crypto market I had encountered CrazyBet project and have invested in it a little. And before the ICO was over, people realized it was a scam project. It seemed like I was losing my mind because that was the amount of money I was trying to save to invest in and then I started to scrutinize other projects before making the investment decision.

Iolanna

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 11:47:42 AM

The latest SCAM ICO that I've heard about was ORENPlatform. They raised about 50k dollars and removed all there resources: website, social accounts, etc. Though they had a quite good whitepaper, so the project itself looked reliable, but you never know when you'll be scammed.
syaripudin

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 12:08:28 PM

Yes, I have experienced it when I invest token in a project that is being developed by ICO under the pretext of being in the process of distributing the token I invested. but until now it just disappeared and I think it is a SCAM of course this is very detrimental to me and it can be a valuable lesson that we must be really competive in choosing ICO to invest. I think it's best to look for an accurate inpormation in choosing ICO because in fact not a few ICO's are SCAM.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org|  
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Nathan Graves

Activity: 30

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 12:30:42 PM

Long time ago, before this recent ICO mania. But it wasn't a bad investment.

Nowadays, I would not put a single dime on it.

Byteball.org   ❱❱❱  IT  JUST  WORKS.  ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email - Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments - ICO Platform with KYC
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: