Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:24:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ico scams  (Read 1667 times)
jossiel

Activity: 2982
Merit: 632

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 12:41:18 PM

Have you ever been scammed in an ico,
How?

Luckily I have never joined a scam ICO because I'm not the person that is just going with the flow here in forum or even in social media.

There's a lot of people promoting there their referral links about a certain ICO and it's mostly like some are just into it because of the hype about the bonuses but not knowing what's the real project behind it.

And they don't even know who are the developers, they are not doing their own assignment about those projects.

Signature for rent

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Viberate team

Activity: 14
Merit: 6

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 12:43:41 PM

Anyone willing to participate in any ICO really needs to do their homework beforehand. Every piece of information needs to be verifiable. In the end it's up to you to decide whether the idea is worth investing in.
fedor3327

Activity: 644
Merit: 523

Passionate about Crypto

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 12:47:09 PM

I truly hope that there are less and less scams. This is such a fantatic way to allow inovations and inventions to be born that could never previously of happened.

Its the age of the ICO. Sadly there will be the minority few - like everything in life that will probably eventually spoil it.
ahmedjamal1998

Activity: 714
Merit: 537

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 01:05:48 PM

Not yet but looks like I'm about to be a victim of a scam ICO for the first time.
I'm not saying which company it is because nothing is still clear about it.

But all I can say is that we ,investors, were supposed to get our tokens on October 11 and they modified the website to say that we are going our tokens at the end of the month.

Even if it turns out to be legit, I don't like the fact that they decided to change their dates without asking or telling the community. On the pay day, they just changed it. It really looks fishy but let's not jump into conclusions.

Thank god I did not put except $50 or less in it.
silent17

Activity: 420
Merit: 119

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:15:40 PM

Some of the people have been really scammed by ICO, so you really need to analyze first the ICO before joining to avoid this kind of things.
rexona

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:21:45 PM

How?

so far I have never and do not want to experience it. because of that research and experience is very important. but to my knowledge rarely ico the scam, except ico is not successful. so if you want to be involved, fill your life with knowledge.
altercreed

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:43:10 PM

How?

So far, so good. Actually, i am just new in this forum and recently, i am participating in campaign of one of the ICOs here. I am just hoping that i am not participating an ICO which is a scam because before i joined, i do background checks of the team at LinkedIn, visit their website, and of course read their white paper regarding how and what their goals of their ICO and if it is feasible or not.

Well, hopefully im in the right track.

Sirjamesadeiza (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 08:37:17 PM

The issue of scam ico's is becoming alarming, but with due research, you will know the good once.
abcd7

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 08:59:19 PM

no i never been victim from scamer ico.. i think some of them is not a scam just fail to succeed .
Whitennerdy

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:04:11 PM

You need to make sure that ico Has good dev team and supporting community
muhammedayo1

Activity: 151

Stalker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 10:37:32 AM

If you're being tired from SCAM ICO's .
I will suggest you look into CRYPTOGENE ICO.
They've got a nice project focusing on Africans, Nice and Experienced Developers, Great community , International partnership and lots more.

Go through their whitepaper , Invest only time as the ICO is still on.

Just my one cent.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Schirer

Activity: 560
Merit: 17

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 05:55:48 PM

I have not.
I think it would be wise to make some kind of web source for ICOs and their supposed teams whch were scammers.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Michae1k

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 10:33:11 PM

luckily I wasn't scammed. Ofc if Ethereum isn't a scam, I hope it is not
for me all this stuff with crypto looks like gold rush. And in my opinion now we have more ppl involved in investing that give possibilities to scammer become rich. It was always, if ppl are not very smart someone try to stole their money.  I still believe we have no scam ico, but we need to know everything  abt project and smart enough to recognized scam. I make a little investigation abt confideal and almost sure that it nit scam and very powerful ico
weav

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

- "Bitcore (BTX) - Airdrops every Monday"

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 10:36:44 PM

No i have never been scammed by a ico.

If you do the right research and don't just follow hype i think you are good.

Jenna_G

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 08:04:04 PM

I'm really lucky, I wasn't scammed, but could be if didn't start read this forum. In FB and Telegram really a lot of scammers. I still believe we have no scam ico. I  sure that confideal  is exactly this case
Franko30

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 08:30:40 PM

Never! I choose ICO and check it as many times as I can, to be sure that it is really good project to invest. Now I have one good that will start in November - confideal.
DAVETUN

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 08:46:36 PM

Am yet to start investing in ICO, but base on my observation and reasearch lots of investors are use to following the crowd without personal research on project they intend to invest in, the crypto world is not a get reach quick platform, you must be patient enough to understand what they are out to offer, the team involve.Scammers are out in there multitude, but knowledge will reduce and minimize your risk.
MarioLuck990

Activity: 157

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 08:50:01 PM

Is too early to know which ICOs are scams. Most ICOs are new and have long way to go until we know for fact whats going on. Many ICOs will fail because an ICO is a set of ideas, is people fail to develop them it doesn't mean also that are scammers. When you invest you know the risks. ICOs are high risk investments with high returns
cryptoquality

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 08:50:31 PM

as we see that number of ICOs are everyday increasing, scam projects are also increasing unfortunately.
Gerharde

Activity: 108

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 08:56:25 PM

Anyone willing to participate in any ICO really needs to do their homework beforehand. Every piece of information needs to be verifiable. In the end it's up to you to decide whether the idea is worth investing in.

Before you invest on a project you have to do your own research always. As you said all informations must be clarified by the team and if you know that the project is legit, you have to know the team behind the project and they must give a costumer protection for example, if the project's ICO fails all the invested money will be given to the investors.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: