Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:24:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ico scams  (Read 1667 times)
yusupjatigumilar

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:46:38 AM

I never found ico scam, because before I participate in a project I always look for information first from some sources, whether ico is genuine and potential or otherwise.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 10:48:02 AM

I would say majority are a prey of a scammer haha  Grin

No one is perfect, everyone made mistakes. As long as your greed became big or you have no knowledge when you are just into this industry, most people get scam
sofakingporkhunt

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:48:49 AM

I've never been scammed from an ICO per say, but I do believe ICO's are no longer legitimate.
chocolah29

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:24:03 AM

Have you ever been scammed in an ico,
How?

Yes, I was in a signature campaign in Enigma Catalyst and it was said there that we will be paid with tokens but still we haven't received any token from them. It was about 18 dollars worth of tokens per week. We, the participants, waited for about a month for the releasing of payments but it was just some sort of scam.

I guess you can never pick an ICO. You can never be sure if it is a scam or not, so basically what we can only do is to report them in order to prevent another scam from them. It's okay if the ICO fails and the payment is not made, If payment is not made and the ICO succeed well it is a scam. We just have to trust on our initial conviction or judgement of the ICO then luck is all we can hold onto if the ICO will be a scam or not.

18 dollars per week is kinda fishy like right now there's also an ongoing ico and there's a lof of participants that trust it so I just wish them well like I hope they'll not get scam.
It's hard to tell whether an ICO is legit or not because there are some ICO that started well and just end up fraud like the dev didn't even bother to update what's up in their ICO.

SUBSCRIBE NOW
PokerFace3

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 12:50:29 PM

I've never been a scam victim in an ICO project for the simple fact of investigating where I'm putting my money by looking for github, the team behind, the authenticity of the project, and everything. There was a project a week ago called Sentry that they were suspicious from the start calling themselves the Stratis Killer, Waves killer and I warned a lot of people not to get into it but everyone was talking shit to me and saying I was a "fudder". In the end the fact was confirmed and the pilangers stole more than 100 ethereum.

The night before I read about it being a scam I was bummed out that I didn't buy in. In hindsight I was lucky.
Unfortunately people only listen to you when the shit is already thrown in the fan. I am always warning of fraudulent icos and bad faith people who exist in the world of crypto-coins. I was charged with several things in the official Sentry chat when I repeatedly warned about the risk of investing. Now a guy from the chat is desperate sending pm to me because he lost 2k usd and it was the only money he had and was saving for a good investment. All I can say now it's that I am sorry for them. You're a smart guy for not putting money on it. I think lessons have been learned.
The truth is that the gullible ones will never listen to you and sometimes they will even argue blindly to the point that you may start feeling like you are wrong and just have to keep quiet to watch the way tides will shift and then you see some crying wolf and shitting in their pants that they have been scammed.

If you are smart, there is no way you can ever be scammed cause the whole thing will be glaring from the start.
Invester

Activity: 646
Merit: 252

PNNV.COM Live bitcoin price monitor

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 12:56:38 PM

I've never been a scam victim in an ICO project for the simple fact of investigating where I'm putting my money by looking for github, the team behind, the authenticity of the project, and everything. There was a project a week ago called Sentry that they were suspicious from the start calling themselves the Stratis Killer, Waves killer and I warned a lot of people not to get into it but everyone was talking shit to me and saying I was a "fudder". In the end the fact was confirmed and the pilangers stole more than 100 ethereum.

Good for you, mate. So far you are one of the few ICO investors that had never gone through the bitter experience of being scammed by an ICO. But looking at your signature, I was thinking you are not very picky in terms of projects and who handled them. If I am not mistaken, Pundi is a project handled by ColorlessK. This person is highly controversial to me. He has failed a number of times already.

████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PNNV.com..>..Live BTCitcoin Monitor.
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
sweetpeaches

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 01:31:13 AM

Majority of ICOs are scam. But!
I believe in Confideal. Really interesting project. Good team. succesfull pre-ico. And ico will drop soon
GuyGerald

Activity: 71

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:00:26 PM

I never scammed by ico so far. But i know many people are victim of scam ico.
Actually i never participated in ico since i can not really understand which ico is good or not. I bought coin when enter to market.

You should learn more about ICOs mate. Perhaps you're promoting scam by your signature https://steemit.com/worldcore/@ico-worldcore/pavel-krymov-s-ico-worldcore-is-scam
Defloration

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:22:42 PM

It's hard to understand if there's an ico scam or not
But it's not impossible
It would be enough to conduct a small survey.
Sirjamesadeiza (OP)

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:17:49 PM

Well I do participate in ico's, but Plexcoin is the worst night mare. Although dev is active but nothing is ever right
KX5000

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 07:00:37 AM

Bitcointalk is hosted out of Mos Eisley Spaceport. “You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.”     Do your research,  most of the scams are so obvious.
RahmatArifM2

Activity: 1064

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 12:05:04 AM

Anyone willing to participate in any ICO really needs to do their homework beforehand. Every piece of information needs to be verifiable. In the end it's up to you to decide whether the idea is worth investing in.
mhine07

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 12:25:39 AM

I never had an experience that an ICO that i participated into is a scam , but there is a few ICO that i can say that they never scam but their ICO has just failed becaused they do not reached their accumulated hardcap in the end. Not all ico are scams , most of the ico is good you just have to research first before joining or investing in an ICO.

Philip K Crypt

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 01:20:31 AM

I have never bees scammed in an ICO. But if you make your diligent research and pay the necessary care you can avoid beeing scammed.
KevenDabid

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:06:29 AM

Have you ever been scammed in an ico,
How?
Yes, I once invested $10,000 in an ICO project, but then the ICO project disappeared, and the code was not updated, and I was sad to invest in a team of swindlers. Angry

Gogochen

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:42:01 AM

I have never invested in a fraudulent ICO project, but some ICO projects have cost me money, and the timing is bad, and the price on the exchange is very low.

SesxsiKana

Activity: 30

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 05:01:07 AM

Many scam ico out there, they hiring someone to make fake information. After the crowdsale, if that ico was really hot then they will push the price up to get more profit. Many scam ico and investors should research before invest anythings.
Otpyrccrypto

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 05:03:55 AM

Majority of ICOs are scam. But!
I believe in Confideal. Really interesting project. Good team. succesfull pre-ico. And ico will drop soon

I had never heard of confideal before this thread but the number of people singing its praises in this thread is highly suspicious and has turned me off from ever investing in it. When will people learn that obvious shilling is obvious....
heleng05

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 05:21:01 AM

I think I also agree about that because one of my friend was scam before when he joined a campaign they always say that they will not yet announce the start of their campaign even it is almost 3 months he join that campaign then their telegram is always a full of a spammers.

mrcastelo

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 07:02:54 AM

I cannot say that I've been scammed because I did not invest any amount but I joined the bounty program and  was not even paid a single token for my worked so I feel that I've been scammed for that matter because I've wasted time and effort for that campaign.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: