Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:46:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What would it take to convince a billionaire to  (Read 433 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
TheButterZone (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 12:15:33 AM

put up a $6000 USD/BTC bid wall of $1 billion USD right now & replenish the wall & move that level up $1000 every week?

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
8270thNinja

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

busy in real life, long post gap is understandable

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 12:42:31 AM

put up a $6000 USD/BTC bid wall of $1 billion USD right now & replenish the wall & move that level up $1000 every week?
Hahaha i don't know men, i don't think this is possible.  Grin he is a billionaire of course he would stay on track about his money and would not invest on something that he will not gain profit from it.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:10:47 AM

Tell them what is a mere Billion dollars and have them put an escalating wall in for shits and giggles Smiley
More likely way to go about it is to find a large hedge fund manager and tell him to do that as a way to promote their new ETF.
Only 21 million after all may as well get that position sooner than later to get their rivals all pissed off at them making the first move and making the rest of them dinosaurs he-he.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
eance

Activity: 402

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:16:43 AM

Many billionaires already investing on BTC
Almat

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:34:15 AM

That's a ridiculously large amount. I don't think that would be doable even for someone as rich as Bill Gates. Billionaires barely need to take risks to earn more money.
Yadstiker

Activity: 373

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:42:08 AM

That was a funny idea dude, i don't know how to say this but i am also wondering about what would it be if something like that actually happens, putting some walls in order to raise the bars or prices, what a risky gamble indeed, and even if it is impossible because i don't think billionaires would usually take that much gamble for an uncertain goal or aim, just wondering if it could really happen, kinda scary.
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:58:36 AM

That was a funny idea dude, i don't know how to say this but i am also wondering about what would it be if something like that actually happens, putting some walls in order to raise the bars or prices, what a risky gamble indeed, and even if it is impossible because i don't think billionaires would usually take that much gamble for an uncertain goal or aim, just wondering if it could really happen, kinda scary.

Well, it can really be done if we can find someone who is a billionaire who would love the idea. However, am sure that this idea is not really something new and the reason why nobody have done it might be because the idea can be too risky for a single person to be doing it. Many fund managers are not looking at their assets as tools for gambling...had it been that way then they could have been out of business right from the very start. I am not against new ideas or innovations but I'll pass on this one. At any rate, thanks to OP for sharing.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16557

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 11:42:20 AM

It would probably take a few billion dollars to do this. I know that's a trival answer, so what it would really take is for the billionaire to expect to make a profit out of this.
Once he's bought a couple dozen billion bucks worth of Bitcoins, he'll own the majority of all Bitcoins.

But isn't that what "whales" do already, on a slightly smaller scale? Pump & dump, and in the end they have more Bitcoins and more dollars than they started with.

It might be more interesting to see what happens when there is a $5000 buy wall, that moves to stay about $500 under the market price. I've seen sell walls above market price push down the price, so that must also work the other way around. If it's useless to put a buy order under $5000, you'll have to make it higher. If I'm right, this will push the price up without your billionaire spending a dime.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 03:33:36 PM

This is not how Billionaires think, they are constantly changing their stance and positions, this is how they have come out on top. If one did however, holy cow, it could be epic.  Cheesy

Reid

Activity: 2870
Merit: 642

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:36:08 PM

They became billionaires because they dont do that.  Grin
Even when they are still millionaires they may have thought of getting in the safe line to prevent lost.
This people will not just make a risky decision. It will be hard to encourage someone who have been on the money business.
uszaty43

Activity: 849
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 06:41:42 PM

I dont understand why have you created a self moderated thread for this kind of purposes.
but regarding to your post, it is a very funny question to make on here, but it is difficult to convince a millionaire or even billionaires to put that amount of money in the market.
Just think about it, a barrier like that would cost more than millions or even some billions on the market (atm rate) and if it happens, then a lot of millionaires need to do it.
There is a lot of marketcap right now.
nomad1109

Activity: 238

Medichain: The Medical Big-Data Platform

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:30:53 PM

If you want the simple answer to the question: what it would take is that you guarantee them that you refund their losses, and they can keep potential gains. Then there's no risk in it for them, and they'd surely go along with it. HOWEVER. Why in the world would YOU do that? It's a stupid thing to do. Which is kinda the answer to your question also.

jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:50:27 PM

I dont understand why have you created a self moderated thread for this kind of purposes.
but regarding to your post, it is a very funny question to make on here, but it is difficult to convince a millionaire or even billionaires to put that amount of money in the market.
Just think about it, a barrier like that would cost more than millions or even some billions on the market (atm rate) and if it happens, then a lot of millionaires need to do it.
There is a lot of marketcap right now.

Inverse your money in bitcoin is your own risk .Actually it not that much risk.Since the price of bitcoin raise till the month of the year.you can sell with high price to get huge profit from the bitcoin. As all of know, millionaire or billionaire are made  by bitcoin only.So they won't  skip we

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
8270thNinja

Activity: 210

busy in real life, long post gap is understandable

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:05:03 AM

Did someone already convinced a billionaire? What happened?. Up until now, it is hard for me to think to convince a billionaire to invest to a cryptocurrency, I must lecture him and teach him first on what cryptocurrency is.
nomad1109

Activity: 238

Medichain: The Medical Big-Data Platform

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 04:23:03 PM

Did someone already convinced a billionaire? What happened?. Up until now, it is hard for me to think to convince a billionaire to invest to a cryptocurrency, I must lecture him and teach him first on what cryptocurrency is.

There probably are a few billionaires who own bitcoin. I mean, an investment like that means a lot less for them than for the average guy. They could buy 100 bitcoin and not even notice. So I'm guessing a few of them are putting a little money on it just to see if they get any fun gains. Might even be a few that believes in the currency and wants to support it.

BTCbengi

Activity: 241

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 04:36:17 PM

I do not think it would be necessary for a billionaire to come to Bitcoin and that is the opposite, they see the profit through their investment. So they would never invest so much money if they did not get a bigger number

Pintasak

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:14:12 AM

No i dont think so some billionaire are hard to convince because they have already the wealth the word itself because they had all the bussiness and the money.Maybe other billionaires own bitcoin.And few beleives the currency and support it

james23

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:09:46 AM

You can convince billionaires by introducing  bitcoin beriefly how bitcoin  is so amazing a way of investment a way to to gain and earn money how member are getting rich from now and achieve  their goal in life
zigfridkr

Activity: 44
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:33:59 AM

A billionaire already might be having a lot of businesses running. I do not think he will gamble all his money on bitcoins.
kauban2018

Activity: 271
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 12:51:23 PM

I'm not sure if you will be able to convince billionaires to invest or put up a big amount of money. Billionaire would really ask what will be the possible reason for that risk, how sure he/she if they will have a good profit once they invest because of that kind of risky thing. It is really possible and I'm pretty sure no one will invest for that big amount without any assurance of the profit that will going to earn. Possibly some billionaires invested but not that big amount as what you've said, maybe little by little until they will realized that Bitcoin is really a good campaign, that will be the thinking of billionaires.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: