Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:27:32 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the risk of holding Bitcoin?  (Read 19135 times)
ReLieD

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:13:25 PM

Basically the risk is of holding alot of Bitcoins in one wallet is that if you have a lot stored in just one and that gets hacked then you can't do anything with it. Especially if you are using an online wallet. So better is to store them in different wallets so that even one of them gets hacked or is unusable due to some reason then you are still left with other Part of your money.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█          ▄         ▄      ▄▄▄▄▄
█       ▄███      ▄███      █████
█        ████      ████     ▀▀▀▀▀
█         ████      ████
█          ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█           █████████████████████
█            ▀█████▄   ▀█████▄
█              ▀█████▀   ▀█████▀
█                 ▀▀        ▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Capeshifter

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:13:55 PM

people are saying that BTC might "button-out", which means it will completely lose it's value. How is that even possible? That would be that everyone would need to sell their stack in order for the price to reach zero. There is no way that such coordinated effort will ensue.. the ony possiblity is that it might take a huge dump, which will give you enough time to exit if you decide to do so, but losing the entire value in just a matter of days.. no way. I don't see how this can happen - you risk on losing a big portion of your holding (50% +) but losing everything is unlikely in the short-term
bborlongan15

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:16:35 PM

The risk is losing your money. since btc price always changes the risks also gotten bigger right now it is in its peak. it could also surge back down.
saponetes

Activity: 420
Merit: 18

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:30:38 PM

Price crash due to major countries like USA, EU, Canada, Russia, India, etc, creating laws against cryptocurrencies - criminalization; Nakamoto dump his accounts with 900k Bitcoin. Banksters lobbies are strong. And not god time to buy now ATH. dump after forks will happen before 2017 ends. Hackers could also steal you.
xvids

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:37:10 PM

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.
But I want to know what the biggest risk is to hold Bitcoin?

The value of bitcoin is unstable and the risk of depreciation or worse, losing your money is always a high possibility. You can always invest on bitcoin however; you need to secure your daily needs. It’s very similar to gambling so, always make sure to gamble only what you can afford to lose. My best tip is to join signature campaigns or offer services to earn bitcoin, that way you will not be putting your personal money at risk.

Saoha

Activity: 742
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:37:22 PM

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.
I think the biggest risk of Bitcoin is devaluation.
Bitcoins are becoming increasingly popular and valued at nearly $ 6,000;
Many people expect it to continue to grow. This is possible, but it is investment and will always be risky.
If you are patient and aspiring to get rich, Bitcoin is a great choice!
hous26

Activity: 462
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:41:07 PM

A big risk is that you can get hacked and lose your coins. I suggest everyone buy a hardware wallet to protect themselves.  I wrote a detailed article on it recently if you want to check my recent threads for more insight.

Another big risk is that Bitcoin transactions are not private.  However, there is a solution to this, privacy oriented coins.  My favorite privacy oriented coin is Deep Onion which allows you to send and receive Onions over the TOR network.
rachelia13

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:53:58 PM

The risk of holding bitcoin is that you can lose your money if the price of the coins you bought falls and take a long time for you to earn profits so you can not do trading activity if you put all your money on the coin, in addition you can lose the opportunity to profit many times because sometimes the price of a coin we buy can go up and down many times
albert11

Activity: 679
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:57:54 PM

The risk that I can take hold of bitcoins is to lose it value. And of course all the money you invest in bitcoins will be lost. But in the present time it will not happen yet its price may fall but will not be totaly zero. Your risk is not to control your emotions in case it falls. All you have to do to control it is to think of a long term that I can only hold your bitcoins. What you can expect inspiration is those who have remained at bitcoins when their price is at just $ 200

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
Mahanton

Activity: 2744
Merit: 634

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:05:30 PM

Even if you are holding bitcoin and did bought on its cheapest price you wont really able to get away with the risk when it comes on bitcoin investment.It maybe already considered as safe since you did bought on cheap price but we dont actually know on when it would last or crash which means risk is still there. Volatile price is the main thing on here even on just holding it simply we can still able to lose up money.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
xFiber

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:11:38 PM

What do you think is the biggest risk? You could lose all your money. That's the risk. Are you prepared to hold it long term if the value decreases by thousands? What if it never recovers? Can you take the losses? Nothing is guaranteed.
Agreed, but I think it's more dangerous to hold fiat than it is to hold bitcoin (I don't have a comment on other crypto currencies though). If you would've held your dollars for an entire century you would've netted a loss. I think the inflation is more dangerous than people think it is. That's why I love the fact that bitcoin has a total cap of 21 million.
elyas772

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:18:31 PM

i think risk get hacked and price to go down. no one know what will happen with bitcoin price, tommorow, or the next day. but risk get hacked is very bad and hope we all not get that problem

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:22:45 PM

The Risk of holding bitcoin is that the coin price might fall and this will have effect on amount of bitcoin will hold but nobody know when and maybe this will happen because the prices keep fluntuating everyday. it may goes up today and come down tomorrow the most important thing is to make up your mind. if you keep it and the price double or tripple next year then you become very rich but if the price fall and keep falling then you already know what will happen to you. good luck
jeraldskie11

Activity: 1302
Merit: 356

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:29:50 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2017, 01:21:15 PM by jeraldskie11

Holding bitcoins is not risky, many investors are converting their cash to bitcoin for them to hold it because they know that bitcoin is very secured currency unlike other currency, so they know they will earn a huge profit on it just by holding it and that is the reason why bitcoin price continue increasing as we saw in its market capitalization.
YellowRiver

Activity: 157

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:14:18 PM

In my opinion, there is no risk in holding bitcoin for as long as you want if you are having good control on your emotions. The only thing which can result in loss is that situation in which you get panic by looking at the prices of bitcoin going down, you need to keep calm in that kind of situation. Then there is no way that you can suffer any loss.
yohan09

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:31:33 AM

Fear of holding btc, It may crash down to its original value because of its highly volatile, the second, it could be a big threat against theft or scam, The third , Im afraid bitcoins will be banned in our country.
Fuhre

Activity: 644
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:42:25 AM

Basically the risk is of holding alot of Bitcoins in one wallet is that if you have a lot stored in just one and that gets hacked then you can't do anything with it. Especially if you are using an online wallet. So better is to store them in different wallets so that even one of them gets hacked or is unusable due to some reason then you are still left with other Part of your money.
bitcoin is a digital asset and bitcoin is very risky, especially if it holds a lot of bitcoin in one purse only. If the hacker gets your wallet, it will disappear and you will not be able to do something like report it to the police. that's ridiculous
bitcoin is very fluctuating, but the risk is not so great because if the bitcoin price goes down you can still wait it back up. If you are going to trade all your money, you have to think carefully so you do not lose your money.
Fulmand

Activity: 568
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:45:03 AM

Fear of holding btc, It may crash down to its original value because of its highly volatile, the second, it could be a big threat against theft or scam, The third , Im afraid bitcoins will be banned in our country.

Factors can be considered during holding bitcoin are losing of your keys wallet where all of your personal information data sheet has been erase or hacked and attacking system like virus. And one thing of holding bitcoin is when the time has a very low exchange value a big dump like i saidmakes it a double risk to you.

AmXProX

Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:49:54 AM

just like any other investment the risk is loosing your initial investment but when lady luck hits you your income will be too high,

Betnomi300%█████████████████████   ████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS

████   ████
UP
TO
20%█████████████████████   ████   ██
WEEKLY
CASHBACK

████   ████
100%█████████████████████   ████   ██
RAKEBACK

████   ████
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
Play now!
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
mothergodness

Activity: 216

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:24:38 AM

The biggest risk is when bitcoin disappears altogether, and until it drops 3-4 times, people will keep it, which means that the price will also hold.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: