Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:04:22 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the risk of holding Bitcoin?  (Read 19135 times)
Kalm

Activity: 269
Merit: 100

https://i.imgur.com/ya7OkAV.png

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:58:28 PM

He biggest risks are the bubble pops and the whole market crashes . Or an alt overtakes bitcoin in marketcap and it’s marketcap begins to diverse into other alts .

Hold the Bitcoin is not to risk. It good opportunity for future saving and invest for the business process. It time to process. It any time to change the price. So you will follow the information for the investment. It connects people so people know the more information for the coin market place. Market place is important of the all coin and process.

bryanswangxx16

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 10:06:37 AM

Just like holding stocks, the biggest risk of holding Bitcoins is that its price drops to zero
Wyne

Activity: 531
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:08:15 AM

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.
But I want to know what the biggest risk is to hold Bitcoin?
Many people stand with the quotation "Do not invest money you cannot afford to lost".  From that, in any investment firm, the biggest risk is the possibility of loosing. 

In bitcoin volatility in nature, its value has the tendency to increase or decrease any time.  But as a truly believer that bitcoin is the currency of future, I believe that those people who panic and do not have enough patience suffer looses in bitcoin.  In my experience in bitcoin world, even bitcoin sometimes deflates its value, it always recover as the time goes by.  Those people who only withdrew and sell their bitcoins suffer losses because they do not wait until bitcoin value recovers that lead to their lost. 

As a newbie, before you invest, know more about bitcoin- its nature, concept, volatility and the like so you will not be affected even bitcoin value depreciates. 
badykvik

Activity: 895
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:25:37 AM

The only risk is the volatility nature of Bitcoin. But to me, Bitcoin is reliable to hold on a long term basis, but this should not engulf one's total capital, some should also be shelved into other better Altcoins in case of unexpected losses break out.
jankekek

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:50:23 AM

The only risk of holding bitcoins is when it dumps to a very low value or price. So before you buy bitcoin , make sure first that you buy it a low price and hold it for a long period of time.
MuhNofa

Activity: 504
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:55:48 AM

the risk of holding bitcoin in my opinion is very little because just look at the price every year is always increasing and only a few times drop drop hard but after that he can rise again
SmokerFace

Activity: 958
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:55:26 PM

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.
Holding bitcoins are less risk than trading it, The risk only if you're bitcoins got hacked if you want to hold for long time i suggest to you to put it on cold storage than exchange or online wallet site.
The risk only on holding bitcoins are very low because there is a high chance that bitcoin value will jump more into higher soon than goes it down so if you're a day trader you should take a risk but more risk = more income.
vudeptraihpv

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 04:25:00 PM

We can see today that bitcoin prices are experiencing a sharp fall, a big correction, breaking the uptrend. Bitcoin prices are currently at $ 9,600 and are still on the decline after touching $ 10400. I think that at the moment we can wait to see if the bitcoin price is down so that we can buy and hold on to the price increase.
Rhinoboy11

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 04:49:21 PM

What do you think is the biggest risk? You could lose all your money. That's the risk. Are you prepared to hold it long term if the value decreases by thousands? What if it never recovers? Can you take the losses? Nothing is guaranteed.

I only have one merit at the moment and if i had more i would have given to you. You have said the bare truth we all over look. Thank you so much sir.
Bless
baileym

Activity: 36
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 04:53:38 PM

Only put the money in you would be willing to lose.  Hopefully it will go up but you could potentially lose it all.
Rhinoboy11

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 04:53:55 PM

What do you think is the biggest risk? You could lose all your money. That's the risk. Are you prepared to hold it long term if the value decreases by thousands? What if it never recovers? Can you take the losses? Nothing is guaranteed.

Forgive me but i tried to send you the one merit i have. Said i need an sMERIT.
I do not have those ones but i had decided to send you what i have.
I gave you a positive trust tho.

One day i want to have as much experience as you do.

have a good day Sir
Rhinoboy11

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 04:57:22 PM

in this life there is always a way to hack it.

For me the way i earn bitcoin is by investing in cheap penny tokens then sell them in bitcoins.

My last one bitcoin was achieved after selling some tokens i bought for 198.12$ for 15,000$
only took a month for me to buy bitcoin using 198.12$
amber deposit

Activity: 210
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 04:58:45 PM

So write as if we should sell something to you. Bitcoin technology is the technology of the future. You can invest money and earn money. Can be afraid and nothing to give.
muhdede

Activity: 158

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:00:27 PM

your emotions will fluctuate, you will be confused by the unstable circumstances in the crypto currency. but it depends on when you buy bitcoin whether it is expensive or cheap. because every bitcoin holder speculates to make big profits, so it's no wonder that Bitcoin is risky for newcomer who participate in crypto

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    I N F L E U M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   
█████    Whitepaper   ⌊    Pre - sale  ➧  Oct 1, 2018    ⌉   Telegram    █████
Medium   Steemit   Facebook   Twitter   Instagram   Youtube   Reddit   Github
rajkr

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:01:31 PM

I don't think that there is any risk.BTC price may fluctuate for short term but in long term it will give handsome returns.
nelmari

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:04:12 PM

I think the biggest risk of holding Bitcoin would be if you would lose all the money you investing especially in trading and the money you got from joining campaigns; I think that would be one to think about when holding bitcoins. Because other than that, if Bitcoin does decrease there is still a chance for it to increase back again but if you lose everything; you are not able to retrieve any amount left when its all gone.
Awan Awan

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:10:57 PM

Since such a price in principle can not be, then in theory, bitcoin is very much to fall, here's the risk. And after several years it can generally be divided into several, here is another supplement.

I dont really understand what you said the biggest risk of holding bitcoin.
But i get you a liitle point, the point is falling price. Falling price sometime normal and thats not dangerous at all. But fall into zero is the biggest risk.
coynedterm

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:14:52 PM

Why you are thinking that bitcoin is a biggest risk to out Money for long term , here I am sure that you are taking about its legality only .
In recent days we are hearing that few countries are looking to ban bitcoin permanently but in actual nothing like this because people have stupid mentilty ( they get caught in to rumours directly without knowing the actual thing ) .
Currently bitcoin is getting into big use by every industry ( local shop to big malls and services in big economical countries ) so why not demand will remain stable in the market of the bitcoin , so why Should think about it in negative way .
Here we have everything positive so don't see towards the negative things and take believe in bitcoin as the king of cryptourrency .

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
usam_coiner

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:29:45 PM

if there is some problem in technical way then you can bother from it and other that is only hacking way if you hacked by some one then you might be survive that situation also otherwise there is nothing worries about holding the btc that is sure because everyone know about btc if no one is newbie in this people who are connected with  btc they what was btc and what did btc with the people so in my opinion only these words are important which is i mentioned above also.
Yeah there is no worry in holding bitcoin because prices are just matter of time and investor intent when more investor rush toward coin the prices starts to rise, in coming days same will happen so don’t worry,
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:11:14 PM

Well as we know everything has a risk in it live in the safest stuff as the risk. Similarly the only risk with investment is you can lose all the investment if the market did not favour you but as we can see that millions of money is invested in Bitcoin and many people are using Bitcoin in their businesses, services, another kind of stuff which only leaves Bitcoin to success well as the price is rising you know when to invest in this. Only invest if you can afford the loss and always remember to make a huge money you have to take a huge risk to and with Bitcoin the risk is not that much.
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: