Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 05:22:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the risk of holding Bitcoin?  (Read 19135 times)
rocketbits

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 05:07:31 AM

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.
But I want to know what the biggest risk is to hold Bitcoin?
I don’t really see risk in holding Bitcoin except that you might lose money when price goes down. Another thing is if the wallet happens to get hacked and you lose your Bitcoin, but let’s not go there, cause it’s less likely to happen as long as you’re using a secured Bitcoin wallet.
BlockEye
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1097

Bounty Mngr & Article Writer https://goo.gl/p4Agsh

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 05:18:07 AM

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.
I don’t really see risk in holding Bitcoin except that you might lose money when price goes down. Another thing is if the wallet happens to get hacked and you lose your Bitcoin, but let’s not go there, cause it’s less likely to happen as long as you’re using a secured Bitcoin wallet.
Losing will only happen when you sell already your bitcoin, but if you still believe in it that as time passed by it will increase, then that's fine. I still think that bitcoin is still good for long-term investment. I knew more countries will adopt it when they see its potential help for their economy. Holding it will never be a risk just keep your wallet secure.
Alexis.Nick

Activity: 84
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 08:16:47 AM

There are no risk in holding of bitcoin at all. Holding is the thing we only need to do here in order for us to get a lot of profit. Maybe some says that there are risk in holding because they don’t have enough guts to do investments here. We must give our full trust here so we would not be in fear while the value of bitcoin is swaying. This also are the common reason why others loss their money here because if the prize of bitcoin rapidly decrees they sell it even they will loss. They are afraid that if they will not sell their bitcoin they will lose everything. 

⚫  ContractNet.com  ⚫
At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS
████████████ [ JOIN ICO ● 10th MARCH ] ████████████
RubiKa

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 08:31:10 AM

Risk is always involved investment on cryptocurrency. Your hold shouldn't be the blind hold. You have to check the news and exchange's prices every day, you know?
linshisui38

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 08:33:44 AM

Although since its release in 2009, the currency of the annualized yield has been impressive, but the reality is that the currency is still is still in its infancy, and no one knows whether it really will be accept or eventually disappear around the world. Investors should pay attention to the following points:

1; As a currency or an investment category, the biggest risk to bitcoin's future success may be regulatory risk.

2; Another risk for bitcoin is the failure of network participants to agree on how to deal with scalability issues.

3; There is a potential risk when large currency and digital currency exchange may network attacks and cause losses, it has been shown to COINS before prices caused great impact.
kolega

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:04:39 AM

If you think it is risky to hold bitcoin for a long time, you can sell it when the price begins to decline. Then, when the trend changes to growing, you can buy again. So can be to do constantly.
But in order not to get damages, don't wait when the price will be high for purchase. Or don't wait until the price is too low to sell. Everything must be done in a timely manner.
fredo123

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 12:13:02 PM

The biggest risk with holding bitcoin is that anytime bitcoin fluctuates, and there's no assurance that it would pumps us. Another thing, bitcoin transaction are not centralized, and they are not traceable. whenever there is transaction occur in digital world. This things attract the criminals and hackers to do illegal things and make business.
mariyawisman

Activity: 197
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:11:34 PM

BTC price will reduce right in that moment when you'll need your money to buy a car, or something else. Also it may happen that you'll fix your lose because of nerves - that will hit your investbank amount.
EinWert

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:58:58 PM

Well there is always a risk on any type of investment.In case of bitcoins you never know what could happen as bitcoins are very unpredictable and has a volatile or unstable market.And bitcoins prices are dependent on the demands of bitcoins from people and investors so if an other coin appears and becames popular than bitcoins price will surely fall.I think that cashing out when bitcoins has reached an very high price as it can fall pretty fast is a good option.
twicezeroiszero

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:08:49 PM

Losing will only happen when you sell already your bitcoin, but if you still believe in it that as time passed by it will increase, then that's fine. I still think that bitcoin is still good for long-term investment. I knew more countries will adopt it when they see its potential help for their economy. Holding it will never be a risk just keep your wallet secure.
Honestly, my plan is holding Bitcoin until its value reached $50,000.
I do not have to worry many things about the future of Bitcoin.
FOMO is enough to help the Bitcoin value reached this value, I believe that!

Tra

╓███▄
                            ]████▌
                            ]███▀
         ╓▄▄█████████▄▄    ,▄█▀  
      ▄████▀▀█████µ   `▀▓██▀`    

╓████╜   ╙███████▄▄█▀▀`▀▄    
   ]███▌        "▀██████▌    ▓Ç  
   ]███        ,▄█▀" ▀████   ]█  

▓██      ▄█▀▀     ▓███▌  á█  
     ▀██╖ ╓▄█▀        ▓███▌ ▄█▌  
       ▀███▒         ╓███████`   

,▄██╜"▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀      
   ,▄██▀                         
  ▄██▌                           

╓████▌                           
█████┘                           
 ▀▀▀                             
ion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
 Transitions You to A Crypto-ready Society 

Github   Telegram   Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Reddit   Youtube
 TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO 
u
\ \ \ \
/ / / /
PRE-SALE STARTS APRIL 15, 2018
/ / / /
\ \ \ \
u
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
gandhe83

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:19:35 PM

The fact of the holders is that they do not recognize the delay from launch or flood discharge. Therefore, when the market exceeds the benefits, it will take a long time. You will have to keep holding if you do not want more substantial damage.
Shutup

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:29:02 PM

As l experience now the risk of holding bitcoin is when you don't have enough budget for your needs you can sell your holding coins in a very low price value. Just like now bitcoin is too long for price falling so we don't have nothing to do but to sell it even l lost  a half or more than the price when it is distributed.Unlike if you have a savings for your future it is more good to hold bitcoin because when price is increase, they can have a chance to be a part of good bitcoin offer.
isyot12345

Activity: 99

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:01:06 AM

As l experience now the risk of holding bitcoin is when you don't have enough budget for your needs you can sell your holding coins in a very low price value. Just like now bitcoin is too long for price falling so we don't have nothing to do but to sell it even l lost  a half or more than the price when it is distributed.Unlike if you have a savings for your future it is more good to hold bitcoin because when price is increase, they can have a chance to be a part of good bitcoin offer.

Risk of holding a bitcoin. If your all money put up in BTC. No one knows when it higher so it a big risk in holding a BTC. But the risk is always there even the price are low or high.i won't telling you do not afraid of risk.just believe and trust your self and to BTC. If we are risk for now cause the lower prices. as i said trust and believe to your holding BTC. This is for your good futures
rxtwo

Activity: 224
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:20:25 AM

I think the biggest risk involving in the holding of bitcoin is may be in the future its values goes down and because of this low price you will lose your original money. Instead of this do not hold all your money into bitcoin some of them should keep in bank deposit that is most secure form of investment. To hold bitcoin for a long period of time it is highly risky.
oracleongoodbye

Activity: 623
Merit: 362

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:26:22 AM

The risk of holding Bitcoin is dependent on the owner, if the owner doesn't know how to protect their wallet, if their wallet is not encrypted or if they give out their private keys, hackers can get hold of their bitcoin, I think that would be the riskiest part of holding bitcoins. If we don't protect our wallets and hold our Bitcoin, we are risking it to be hacked, however if our wallets are protected, we have lessen the risk, and the next risk is the value of Bitcoin that we hold, still we can further lessen the risk by investing on education, so we can handle how we can profit on both bearish and bullish market.  Cheesy
rxthree

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:54:09 AM

I think the biggest risk involving in the holding of bitcoin is may be in the future its values goes down and because of this low price you will lose your original money. Instead of this do not hold all your money into bitcoin some of them should keep in bank deposit that is most secure form of investment. To hold bitcoin for a long period of time it is highly risky.
inooll00

Activity: 165
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:34:20 AM

holding bitcoin can have an immediate poverty risk. This is the biggest risk.
Understand, bitcoin is not fiat money that can be controlled by doing import-import pressure between countries. We dont know what will happen every hour later about the price.
hridoyb

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 11:45:02 AM

Bitcoin is cryptocurrency coin so anytime its price down or up.Last few week bitcoin are not stable her place its running 8000$-11000$ people are disappointed about bitcoin price .SO if you want to hold your bitcoin for long time and control your emotions you can invest bitcoin otherwise you can deposit money any local bank.Last year bitcoin price increased 1200$ to 18000$ so many people are getting huge profit from bitcoin so make a decision what your option?

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
Shanmatthew

Activity: 243

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 12:21:37 PM

If you want to change you're money into bitcoin.then go.the Risk of doing that is maybe you will lose some of you're capital.because, bitcoin price is not stable.it goes down so fast and up.so we need to be patient's if you're capital is going down instead of going higher amount.
amzadabir

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:22:11 PM

Investments in bitcoin carry a huge risk, because the prices are too volatile. Most investors are suspicious about an investment vehicle about Bitcoin simply because there is nothing for them to analyze. Although the price of currency currencies can be measured using the instability indication index or CBOE volatility index (VIX), Bitcoin and other cryptos are not yet generally accepted indicators because they are still at their new level.
But we know that Bitcoin is highly volatile in size rather than 10 times the value, in contrast to currency currencies in relatively short periods.
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: