Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:47:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the risk of holding Bitcoin?  (Read 19135 times)
bncbnc

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:51:49 PM

I think no risk involved in holding the bitcoin for long term, the price of the coin boosts as the time progresses, very rarely can see the dip in the price that is the main reason people can hold the bitcoin in the longer term and also can make profit selling the coins.
Risk is there if you are holding bitcoin for long term or for short term, but if you are going for long term investment then you are reducing the risk, but it does not mean that there is no risk, because no one know about bitcoin that either its price will continue increasing or will decrease. Currently bitcoin price is trading so stable but still people are hopeful about the increasing in bitcoin price and therefore they are trying to hold it for some more time.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 02:58:40 AM

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.
But I want to know what the biggest risk is to hold Bitcoin?
It's a kind of investment, You need to take some risk regarding investment. Without risk, you can't gain anything so that holding Bitcoin is also required that type of risk. Not only that but also Holding Bitcoin could bring a positive result. normally, bitcoin price is not decreasing within a night so when you see that the price is decreasing then on a sudden you take a decision regarding this issue.
olia10

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:22:21 AM

Whichever method of investment in bitcoin you choose, long-term or instant, carefully evaluate all possible risks when investing in this crypto currency. Disadvantages when investing in the crypto currency: Very strong course changes, and no one is immune from hacker attacks.

Distinctin

Activity: 2800
Merit: 646

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 08:09:21 AM

Whichever method of investment in bitcoin you choose, long-term or instant, carefully evaluate all possible risks when investing in this crypto currency. Disadvantages when investing in the crypto currency: Very strong course changes, and no one is immune from hacker attacks.
We should all know the risk because taking crypto as our investment so we can manage our funds effectively.
It's not wise to put all your investment in crypto, it's very risky here and that is why those people who are real risk takes like here because of the high
potential in terms of return.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
kolega

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:15:55 AM

Holding bitcoin has a lot of risks. We need to constantly collect information, analyze markets, monitor price changes, read news and monitor changes in the global economy.
gamaman990

Activity: 152

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:20:40 AM

1. political risk: possible trading ban by governments which affect trade access
2. finance risk: banks cut off crypto-fiat links to make crypto related funding difficult
3. theft: if you don't learn how to safeguard your wallet, your btc or other cryptos couldn't be stolen. Possible to both private wallets and public exchanges.
4. very minimal risk from network disruption or attack dirfectly on BTC protocol.
Hoganye

Activity: 625
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 04:49:03 AM

We should all know the risk because taking crypto as our investment so we can manage our funds effectively.
It's not wise to put all your investment in crypto, it's very risky here and that is why those people who are real risk takes like here because of the high
potential in terms of return.
For the whale, they can invest some money to cryptocurrency for long-term, but for the normal investor like me, I can not wait few years to get profit while I do not know exact amount of money I can earn after a long time like this. Therefore, as you said, instead of put all money into crypto, I think we should to split our money to more fields.
rbindac

Activity: 120

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 05:03:55 AM

For me, the biggest risk of holding bitcoin is loss. The value of bitcoin sometimes is increase and sometimes it decrease. We all don't know if what will happen in the future. And there's some people who have enough knowledge how to hack your wallet so there is a tendency to loss your investment. The important is you know how to take a risk.
cryptolet

Activity: 229
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 06:06:21 AM

The sad truth about holding bitcoin is that you could loose your money, all of your investment. No wonder, investors advisors always advice never to invest more than what you can loose.
sudnokpok

Activity: 406
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 06:09:32 AM

Not only with bitcoin in every investment we have to face risk but when it comes to Bitcoin it has higher risk because there is big price fluctuations. For the people who are holding it for long then they will make pure profit.
bxxkj

Activity: 132

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 06:18:24 AM

I think the biggest risk is simply the loss of funds you invested. First of all investing in this industry, you must be psychologically prepared for losses. You must first think of the worst results. Only in this way can you have a better mindset to do this and strive for greater benefits.
Saichoukyushin

Activity: 770
Merit: 278

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 06:35:44 AM

Not only with bitcoin in every investment we have to face risk but when it comes to Bitcoin it has higher risk because there is big price fluctuations. For the people who are holding it for long then they will make pure profit.
There is always risk of everything on here having bitcoins with you in your wallet is still at risk. The most important is to make the risk in right way so you can avoid some risk and some of it can become a lesson for you to grow and learn more not only in holding bitcoin.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
bristlefront

Activity: 225

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 07:38:47 AM

You will see the risk you have taken today. If you bought $10k bitcoins then it is a great loss for today. The risk is its volatility that occurs in a decentralized currency. But after all of that at least you are the one that controls your funds unlike in centralized funds. If you are strong enough to believe what cryptocurrencies could do then be patient.

cbeew3

Activity: 165

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 07:59:04 AM

Sir, when you invest, you should think about the worst plan. For example, bitcoin will fall to zero. If you can accept it, then please invest boldly. I think this may happen, such as global power outages or wars.
hsjrjkf

Activity: 127

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 08:15:15 AM

I think the biggest risk of holding Bitcoin is that the price of the currency has fallen, which has led to the loss of your interests. But I believe Bitcoin will soar in the near future, so you don't have to worry about it. You will be glad that you have Bitcoin.
QB Horse

Activity: 224
Merit: 28

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 05:48:33 PM

What is the risk of holding Bitcoin?

Easy. You can lose everything ;-)
Qunetick

Activity: 226

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 06:01:32 PM

In my opinion holding bitcoin has no risk, since this last has a permanent increasing value. To do this, you musn't sell your bitcoin only when it is an urgent case. Knowing that those precautions are for your well being, because you will regret a thousand times each transaction once the value achieve a great level up.
Yes i agree on that holding bitcoin has no risk at all. I think it depends upon tgebpersond patience if we have patience and we can hold btc for a long term maybe we are not in risk, but if we don't have patience and we do panic selling due to the dropping of its price maybe we can loss an amount of profit or maybe we, we can loss a big amount. In marketing we need to be more smarter than more stronger because this is not really a physical work and it only depends upon our good decision.

Evgenius1283

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 06:41:07 PM

For myself, I see only one risk, it is based on technical analysis, a possible drop to the level of 1800. If not that, then the risks for me are almost there, lifting just a matter of time. So while on the beach...look...
Lannie25

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:47:17 PM

Some risk in holding bitcoin sometimes you need to wait in 3-6 months before you achieve your desired profit. You may suffer in to losses if you will just withdraw it.
By this, you have no choice but to wait eventhough you need your money in emergency cases.
vikl56

Activity: 113

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:50:31 PM

I think that the biggest risk of holding Bitcoin is the collapse of Bitcoin, but I believe there will be no day, I am very optimistic about it, I think it will soon burst, so I still hold my Bitcoin and wait for it The next outbreak.
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: