Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:56:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: eth is weaker than you think  (Read 1234 times)
Haitham

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

Cryptos = New hope in life!

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 12:32:42 AM

Well the whole smart contracts thing is a beta still.... but ETH is the master of that so far Smiley

stealth.money

Activity: 561
Merit: 255

Going stealthy

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 12:37:11 AM

https://www.coindesk.com/ethereums-geth-client-finds-vulnerability-less-two-days-before-fork/

check this articles. some core developer may not contribute frequently. such as CJentzsch, tgerring, gavofyork.
I hope ethereum could attract more talent and continuous grow, especially speed up pow -> pos transition. How the miner will react to future event, move away quitely to other mining project?

I think Eth is a clogging and vaporware scam everyone start to abandoning it, including the massive miners because of Eth moving to POS. People like gavofyork is moving on to start his own scam.

moataz_ansary

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 12:43:14 AM

Dear Sir,
I disagree with u
I see Eth is stronger than you think
Great new contracts
Great future
And TA don't say anything else except Moon
See u @ 500$ then 700$ in next months
With all my best wishes
Regards
Gastotade

Activity: 545
Merit: 250

Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 12:45:22 AM

https://www.coindesk.com/ethereums-geth-client-finds-vulnerability-less-two-days-before-fork/

check this articles. some core developer may not contribute frequently. such as CJentzsch, tgerring, gavofyork.
I hope ethereum could attract more talent and continuous grow, especially speed up pow -> pos transition. How the miner will react to future event, move away quitely to other mining project?

I think Eth is a clogging and vaporware scam everyone start to abandoning it, including the massive miners because of Eth moving to POS
Well it was just a fud by now many were still using eth now,apparently PoS having sounds now and might take by considering near soon, i think it's already in process.

SIGMA.
by HYDRA X
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.No commissions.
.or hidden fees.

logosobscura

Merit: 16

Tru Reputation Network Pre-Sale: tru.ltd/tokensale

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 01:23:21 AM

I think Eth is a clogging and vaporware scam everyone start to abandoning it, including the massive miners because of Eth moving to POS. People like gavofyork is moving on to start his own scam.

I'm pretty certain it won't- I saw the same bullshit back in the early days of BTC, and here is the fact of it: all cryptocurrencies are based on a common belief in them- they have value because people ascribe value to them. I've heard people talking about Ethereum in my barber shop, awareness is that high. Combine that with the EEA, it's here to stay. If the core developers change- doesn't matter, happened with Satoshi on BTC, happened a dozen times since then. It's also clearly not vaporware- it exists, it has an active and vibrant community of people building on their chain. Will it ultimately fulfill it's promise? That's a more interesting question and a slow death not a big bang question- but that faces all of the cryptocurrencies, they have to innovate to stay relevant and deliver on what they say even if they don't do it in the timescales originally planned.

Good luck with Ark btw.

bundo

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:43:44 AM

All will have disadvantages but all need revamping, still has value because Etherium is one of the progressive altcoin with different breakthrough Blockchain Etherium with Blockchain bitcoin. Blockchain Etherium allows for smart contracts and Dapps
sic57005

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:45:50 AM

Before criticizing of ETH strength let's thing about its strategical place. ETH supports smart contracts and custom tokens creation which leads to creating of most current ICOs. Whatever you think about profitability, scamness, usefulness, the fact is that these ICOs are attracting huge amount of people to cryptocurrencies. There's still no chance to convince 99% of people to buy BTC, because of their economical beliefs. Buying "nothing" for real money sounds like scam for almost everybody. On the other hand ICOs offering more habitual understandable scheme of buying some kind of shares of some real business. We here all know that's not the whole truth, that assets not the same as shares, but this is not common knowledge. Without ICOs there will be almost nothing about to write in public medias, remember late 2013: "BTC price goes up!", "BTC price goes down!" again and again, nothing catchy.

In short: No ICOs => No public media / real people attraction => Low BTC
Low ETH => Less ICO interest => Higher probability of the implication of above

So ETH is damn stronger than seems on a first sight, in terms of its real long-term influence.
webofunni

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 01:52:20 AM

With all those big players backing it ( https://entethalliance.org/members/ ), how can ethereum can be considered as a vapourware. Ethereum is the fastest growing blockchain project at the moment and with the direction it is heading I am sure it will soon surpass BTC market cap.
subG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:58:10 AM

I would never say Ethereum is weak, it is actually the best altcoin at the moment.  Being second only to Bitcoins.  There are many current and up and coming projects that are and will be on the Ethereum blockchain.  ETH's price is currently starting to reflect these accomplishments. 
sic57005

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 02:02:12 AM

Moreover, if by some reason price of ETH will significantly fall, the most people invested in altcoins will start doubting of their perspectives and the hugely panic sell to BTC will be quite predictable. Well, you say "cool, then BTC will raise", but this is not the story. Actually BTC network will not stand that amount of transactions and we will see again super slow and expensive transactions. Many people will react negatively on this, and you guess what will happen next.

So, to conclude: any significant (more than 2x price fall for ETH in relatively short time) => we screwed (or at least years will be required to recover).
defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 02:13:09 AM

Ethereum is not that great, but it was a game changer when it hit the scene. I honestly think the problem with the platform is that there's no one on the Ethereum team who is not a hardcore nerd. They need someone who can simplify the interface and make it so that anyone can use it. Why is there not even a login screen on the homepage? That's shocking.
Altas

Activity: 366

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 02:32:18 AM

Ethereum is not that weaker as people have put forth. By the starting of the year ethereum was not in such a growth level, but in a short the price pumping took it to a large growth scale. This made the price reach a big range and lead the entire altcoins network.
Filmmmakerr

Activity: 490

Hello. Bye.

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:11:30 AM

Every great thing takes time, the most important thing is the there isa team of people trying to advance etheruem and no one has abandoned it or left it as is. So far, Eth has been great but in a few years I believe it'll be revolutionary.

Campaign Manager (2018)
feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 04:03:15 AM

Ethereum development has been gradual and over the year it has accomplish great milestone. The proof is all around us. Ethereum is constantly been worked on and there are still update as we speak. Ethereum is still in beta. The final platform has not been made.

logosobscura

Merit: 16

Tru Reputation Network Pre-Sale: tru.ltd/tokensale

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 04:20:34 AM

Ethereum is not that great, but it was a game changer when it hit the scene. I honestly think the problem with the platform is that there's no one on the Ethereum team who is not a hardcore nerd. They need someone who can simplify the interface and make it so that anyone can use it. Why is there not even a login screen on the homepage? That's shocking.

I'd argue that the bigger problem is that for what it is offering, massively distributed compute, it's ridiculously expensive-  400 million times more expensive when compared logical pound for pound with say AWS. Its dream of executing code everywhere doesn't really work with the current pricing.

disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 04:57:52 AM

But the bug you mentioned was fixed, we all know that Ethereum still has some vunerabilities but this will decrease as time goes, Rome was not built in a day

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
NaissuR

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 05:07:34 AM

i believe that Komodo and Cardano will be better solutions,

Legendari

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 05:18:32 AM

Yes Ethereum is not perfect, but he is much better than most coins on the market and the developers are actively developing the coin.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
███████                  A new era of charity                    ███████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
Amalker

Activity: 826

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:01:03 AM

ETH constantly growing and evolving in contrast to the same BTC. And there is a good opportunity to become a new "king" of cryptoworld, not now, but in 2-3 years it's possible.
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:28:02 AM

This is why we love ethereum. Dev is working hard to fix problems. And there will be more forks as mentioned on roadmap.
No need to panic and sell
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: