Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 05:39:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How Often do you Check Your Rigs?  (Read 2311 times)
frostedace

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:16:11 PM

More often than I check texts from my girlfriend.
Nebell

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:00:28 AM

Once or twice a day. I do have some restarts and I'm not sure what's causing it. Maybe Windows update.
But I have my miner on startup as well as overclock in software. So if it restarts, it's all back up again usually at full speed without me actually having to do anything.

BitcoinZ - community driven, no premine, no dev-tax, developers always welcome
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3086664
https://btcz.rocks/
Venon

Activity: 51

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:22:45 PM

Once or twice a day. I do have some restarts and I'm not sure what's causing it. Maybe Windows update.
But I have my miner on startup as well as overclock in software. So if it restarts, it's all back up again usually at full speed without me actually having to do anything.

It is better to turn off the auto windows update.
twofreckles

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:27:37 PM

At the beginning I didn't do anything else but watch mining Smiley With time got bored cause this isn't best activity. After all I treat it as a pasive income. Of course email/sms allerts are usufull. But I tend to look at it depending how profitable mining currently is. The more profitability the more often I check it and try to keep everything running. But when rig is set up properly it runs smoothly for months.

Sgubela

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 01:13:58 PM

My miners are way too far from where I am. Haven't checked them for 2 months but they work good. I know 2 months is too much but if you set up everything well then there is no need to check it often.
vrap.pm

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 01:59:39 PM

I check my rig via online 2/4 times a day.
Im also made a visual inspection 2/3 times a week.
My cards are running smoothly for months, only need to change algo when i want a new coin.
shintosai

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:27:40 PM

At the beginning I didn't do anything else but watch mining Smiley With time got bored cause this isn't best activity. After all I treat it as a pasive income. Of course email/sms allerts are usufull. But I tend to look at it depending how profitable mining currently is. The more profitability the more often I check it and try to keep everything running. But when rig is set up properly it runs smoothly for months.
with your good skills you will able to set it up properly and you dont need to monitor it in a daily basis i like they way you treat mining as its just another
way of source of profits not to lean on it for a daily expense, its everything for future gain.

jmayniac

Activity: 77

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 04:15:54 PM

If I was better at programming, I would make something like a simple web dashboard which shows things like temps, fan speeds and hash rates.  Some type of notification if the miner stops reporting or if the hash rate drops would be nice.  My miner runs Linux, so it has to run on that.  Python would probably be a good choice.  I suck at python programming though.

Anybody what to try this?
Venon

Activity: 51

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:20:28 PM

If I was better at programming, I would make something like a simple web dashboard which shows things like temps, fan speeds and hash rates.  Some type of notification if the miner stops reporting or if the hash rate drops would be nice.  My miner runs Linux, so it has to run on that.  Python would probably be a good choice.  I suck at python programming though.

Anybody what to try this?

You can use Claymore's software.
PontusLSE

Activity: 50

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:48:31 PM

I only check them about 50-60 times a day  Grin I just still cannot believe that I have a few machines that is more or less printing me money. I have to check and see that they still are for real Wink
cryptocoinfarmer

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:04:26 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2017, 02:49:23 PM by cryptocoinfarmer

If you configure your rigs without maxed out overclocking and good cooling then you will have no problems running 24/7 smoothly without problems.
But if you squeeze all the juices from your cards and not set additional cooling then you need to monitor your rigs once a day.
preda

Activity: 756

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:13:19 PM

i open teamviewer 100 times day!!! ahahahahah
Mike011

Activity: 312
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 03:58:47 PM

I only check them about 50-60 times a day  Grin I just still cannot believe that I have a few machines that is more or less printing me money. I have to check and see that they still are for real Wink

Totally understand you bro  Grin
PranDoW

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:28:30 PM

Often, there are certain malfunctions, I have to regularly look and collect data. If there is no problem then I check statistics in pool website
Ventureum

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:46:36 PM

With my dual GPU rig, I only check it once a couple of days.

Ventureum – Milestone-Driven Community-Governed Crowdfunding Protocol  |   Twitter  |   Facebook
shibob

Activity: 672
Merit: 154

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 03:15:19 AM

i open teamviewer 100 times day!!! ahahahahah

It's too much haha. I just log in to rig when the pool send me email about idle workers which is mostly caused by window update.
Chan8

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:55:55 AM

I check about 3 times a day. When i wake up and my afternoon crypto news and prices.. once again before bed.  Had to run out a few times to go and restart the damn rigs because they fall off. Not alot, but once in awhile. Or the internet connection falls off. A quick modem reset does the trick. I still need to learn some new solutions so it can be more remote access and automated..
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:39:53 AM

for the treatment of every 1 month all. I replace Procesor pasta onboard and at VGA. clean dust on fan Procesor
shibob

Activity: 672
Merit: 154

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 06:38:14 AM

I check about 3 times a day. When i wake up and my afternoon crypto news and prices.. once again before bed.  Had to run out a few times to go and restart the damn rigs because they fall off. Not alot, but once in awhile. Or the internet connection falls off. A quick modem reset does the trick. I still need to learn some new solutions so it can be more remote access and automated..

I think think this remote resetter may be good for fully remote managing:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1695298.0

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: