Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 05:39:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Medicine and cryptocurrency  (Read 2932 times)
alexjhons

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:56:01 AM

Of course!

The Blockchain is applicable for all the sector including Medical. It's safe, secure and fast.

valucash

Activity: 110

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:40:41 PM

Applying blockchain to a confidential and private information like health records may not work but you can use it to store other values which can be interlinked to another database.
jakezyrus

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:55:50 PM

Applying blockchain to a confidential and private information like health records may not work but you can use it to store other values which can be interlinked to another database.

sure it will work and ive seen some of these before that many ico 's in the past are using the blockchain technology with thier medical platform , not only medical but all kinds of platform like gaming, financing/banking, health, etc. blockchain technology is amazing and can give innovation to our economy and can help the companies to market thier products easily across the universe.
Jessica2009

Activity: 348

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:43:42 AM

Cryptocurrency is a digital currency that uses cryptography for security, it is not issued by any central authority.In this modern world people are facing many medical issues, to overcome this difficulties, MIT graduate students researches are developing a cryptocurrency-backed technology. They are developing a system called Med Rec, for managing medical records that use the Ethereum blockchain.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  July 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
Healthbase

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:56:35 AM
Last edit: October 25, 2017, 10:33:34 AM by Healthbase

There is tremendous potential for blockchain in the medical sector. The other day, we had a discussion with another startup that is developing wearable tech that measures a person's heart beat rate, blood pressure and saves that information on a blockchain so the information is secure.

We (from healthbase) are, however, working on securing our patient's data on the blockchain and also incentivizing it for the patients and care providers rather than allow the medical companies to use your data without your permission.

Privacy laws in Germany are extremely strict and our patients who come to our clinics are also extremely aware on this subject matter.

Concerning the statements in this thread about projects like these being another attempt to scam - we can only say it is rather unfortunate that it happened and it shouldn't have. We cant comment on the integrity of other projects out there that have failed in this space but here in Germany, we are scrutinized on every level as far as this project is concerned. One of our code advisors is from the Frankfurt School of Blockchain and he is known to be extremely selective about the projects he personally supports. We are also working round the clock with clinics and other well reputed healthcare experts in Germany concerning this project.

Our point is that there are serious stakeholders in this project and while (perhaps) the other failed projects were not maybe held completely accountable but we certainly will be and for us - failure is simply not an option. :-)

So all pessimism aside, there is potential for blockchain to change healthcare/medicine and it is just a matter of finding the right way to do so.
suzanne5223

Activity: 2660
Merit: 651

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 10:46:52 PM

Yes of course. Blockchain be applicable for the medical sector since it applicable for banking sector. However blockchain can be use as a means of saving or keeping hospital tangible files and patient medical records.

dangdangdang

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

THE WORLD'S FIRST FIXED MONTHLY ALLOWANCE PLAN

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 08:25:16 AM

Good idea, it'll be a a hit if all factories or pharmaceutical companies to pharmacy will accept coins or tokens for medicine.
But how would start the project? Build your own blockchain system? Ethereum based currency?

ashaksagnis

Activity: 630
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 09:26:25 AM

i think Blockchain has the potential to revolutionise how individuals’ medical records are stored. As a digital record keeping system where data is hashed onto the blockchain.

Ivan_Jelic

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:17:08 PM

Good idea, it'll be a a hit if all factories or pharmaceutical companies to pharmacy will accept coins or tokens for medicine.
But how would start the project? Build your own blockchain system? Ethereum based currency?

I think that Ethereum based currency would be the best solution because of the smart contracts, which are the best solution in this case. Well, at least that's my opinion Smiley
patriziobtc

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 04:25:04 PM

Give me your opinion about… Can the blockchain be applicable for the medical sector? Explain your pros and cons please. Thank you. 

In the main financial newspaper of my country (Italy) last week came out an interesting article about the blockchain applications in the state sector. He talked mainly about possible applications in healthcare and the treatment of large masses of confidential data.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    UbiatarPlay    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█  Be EveryWhere WithUbiatarPlay 

▬▬▬▬▬  Facebook   [url=http://ubiatarplay.io/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/ubiatarmarketplace
HealthSecurities

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:06:31 PM

Give me your opinion about… Can the blockchain be applicable for the medical sector? Explain your pros and cons please. Thank you.  

This idea has been brought to the general public several times and everytime it is just another scam attempt.

I believe classical medicine in order to work properly there must be physical contact between the patient and the physician. There cannot be any sort of "telemedicine" for treatment - because treatment is not just prescribing drugs but also supportive care and the words of the physician which have a great deal of importance to the patient. Any app based treatment is also of no use and it is just a vaporware.

In blockchain technology there has been attempts to use it for medical records - I dont know how far that is possible and I dont like the idea at all.

Can you please tell which ones are scams? I'm invested in quite a few of them

I really like Simply Vital Health. They seem to have the strongest and most legitimate team... PTOY might end up being a scam Sad
LoveInThisCryptoClub

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:12:06 PM

"MedCredits is the first blockchain powered platform connecting patients and doctors worldwide on a decentralized network."

-My opinion;

Quite frankly there's a tendency for end-users to abuse the usage of the blockchain technology. While it may have a wide range of application, the underlying principle should not be overlooked.

The blockchain is a decentralised ledger. Now that being said, applying that to medicine? That would require a refined research that solves a unique problem.

Did you ever notice that none of these companies have actual physicians working for them? I don't understand how they can make a product for physicians without knowing what physicians like
HealthSecurities

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:14:55 PM

In my own opinion, the blockchain is a public legerr that ensures nothing is hidden in other to aid transparency. However, there are some things that are better kept private and one of them is medical records in other keep human decency and sanity if the medical records of an individual becomes if public knowledge, then we might have a case of mass suicide on our hands.

Area I see the blockchain working in the medical sector is on drugs produced where each and everyone of those drugs have been given a serial number and the moment I buy one or before I purchase it, I can go to the blockchain to check if its an original or a counterfeit product that will go along way in reducing the amount of counterfeits drugs in the market.

This is only an issue outside the United States from my knowledge. Counterfeit drugs are usually sold from online stores in other countries
HealthSecurities

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:19:15 PM

"MedCredits is the first blockchain powered platform connecting patients and doctors worldwide on a decentralized network."

-My opinion;

Quite frankly there's a tendency for end-users to abuse the usage of the blockchain technology. While it may have a wide range of application, the underlying principle should not be overlooked.

The blockchain is a decentralised ledger. Now that being said, applying that to medicine? That would require a refined research that solves a unique problem.

Did you ever notice that none of these companies have actual physicians working for them? I don't understand how they can make a product for physicians without knowing what physicians like

This is a very good point you bring up.

I'm invested in 5 different medical blockchain ICOs.

The first one I did was PTOY which I am feeling very iffy about.

I just went on bitcointalk today and found another medical ICO that looks like a scam. They have no real medical doctors on their team to advise how the product should be built. If you get through all their jargon, it's pretty obvious they are scamming. (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2089073.0)

I do like SVH though. The team is very interactive and they have a project that can have a real application in the medical world.
LoveInThisCryptoClub

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:20:44 PM

I am looking at SVH and it says you have to donate 35ETH minimum Huh
GreenRivers

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:22:21 PM

Can EMR systems be used with Blockchain technology?

The main issue hospitals have is getting hacked and paying millions for it. I've seen it happen a few times around my local hospital in the past few years.
HealthSecurities

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:23:05 PM

In the main financial newspaper of my country (Italy) last week came out an interesting article about the blockchain applications in the state sector. He talked mainly about possible applications in healthcare and the treatment of large masses of confidential data.

Would you mind sharing that article?
kohlicool54

Activity: 61

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:24:25 PM

Certainly block chain has an immense potential to improve the health care sector.
But will regulate it ? Gov or companies
HealthSecurities

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:27:06 PM

Certainly block chain has an immense potential to improve the health care sector.
But will regulate it ? Gov or companies

Usually private companies regulate the hospitals.. govt only regulates government run programs
GreenRivers

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:28:28 PM

-My opinion;

This is a very good point you bring up.

I'm invested in 5 different medical blockchain ICOs.

The first one I did was PTOY which I am feeling very iffy about.

I just went on bitcointalk today and found another medical ICO that looks like a scam. They have no real medical doctors on their team to advise how the product should be built. If you get through all their jargon, it's pretty obvious they are scamming. (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2089073.0)

I do like SVH though. The team is very interactive and they have a project that can have a real application in the medical world.

What a coincidence! I posted about that Hearth one being a scam today too. I went into their telegram group and asked a few questions and their admin privately messaged and belittled me. Their team is fake too.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: