Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 03:24:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Gold will be another Bitcoin Cash?  (Read 4963 times)
GayOfThrones

Activity: 479
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:42:44 PM

It so much depends on how you'd define a failure. Compared with BTC, yes, probably it will. Compared to other alts, no, probably it won't.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:44:50 PM

i don't think so. bitcoin cash is a disaster. it really doesn't do anything or contribute to the world anything new or needed. it is not even being used anymore. if you look at the previous weeks blocks it seems almost as a dead coin! and it is heavily centralized to miners and Ver.

bitcoin gold on the other hand is much better, it seems decentralized and it is actually doing something (making bitcoin GPU mineable). it will never be anywhere as good as bitcoin itself but it will be a lot better than the useless bitcoin cash.

Buying the dip...
1L0v3

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:47:54 PM

Bitcoin Cash is a failure and has rich (seemingly shady) backers.. Bitcoin Gold doesn't even have that
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:51:16 PM

at least bitcoin gold, not that it seems possible to actually discover any facts about it, is trying to pivot away from the cancer of centralized mining. however there hundreds of other alts already doing the same thing.

i will believe it when i see it. if bitcoin's current rise is down to this then it's a sad reflection on the dumbness and greed of this market. pumping to get a coin that may not exist is kinda low.
PCBProjeT

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:56:11 PM

I don't think  have the little boom that Bitcoin cash had, even so while they're giving them away for free!
Bitpetite

Activity: 12

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 04:07:41 PM

I would not say Bitcoin Cash has been a failure with a current market cap of $5.25b.

But the miners will not continue to mine at a loss. Once the miners go, BCH will nose dive.

As for Bitcoin Gold. This coin will follow a similar pattern.

To be honest all these hard forks reminds me of printing cash, something governments do.
xdev

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 04:16:02 PM

What does Bitcoin Gold add?

Its idiotic to even compare the two. Yes, it is true that no one wanted Bitcoin Cash, just as very little of the buyers support goes in support of Segwit 2X.

But Bitcoin Gold is nothing but a money making scheme to try and robb some cash off of people by making them even more confused about the upcoming hard fork

"But I receive it for free, how can it be a scam?!" Easy. Clueless people will buy into it because it has "Bitcoin" in the name and by offering the coin for free in the fork they will hope to gain some support.

I havent heard of any exchange that will accept Bitcoin Gold. Its a useless coin that shouldn't even be talked about
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 04:25:29 PM

Many people tells BTG will become another failure. What is the base in this? Can this be true?

The ambiguity continues for the bitcoin gold as no certian news release has been there. If we look at it in positive way then that's our profit because we know very well what we got from the last fork. The free money! This is going to be same thing as the devs would want to create new coin as symbol for this fork and they will surely put it into mainstream for carrying the extra load of blockchain.

I'm not concerned about the fork because from last one I have experienced that it doesnt affect the bitcoin that we are carrying. Also, the prices for bitcoin are stable even though people knows about fork, which means they are being patient about it. This will be e vitement as well as fun this time.
FrankNoland
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 04:37:08 PM

Many people tells BTG will become another failure. What is the base in this? Can this be true?
This might be true, as much as most investors are dumping their altcoins for bitcoin gold, I just have a feeling that they are going to dump bitcoin gold again for altcoins. Remember that every investor is wiling to make profit, I see no future in bitcoin gold. Investors now are just interested because the coins are airdropped and distributed freely, but investors are going to sell it for the real bitcoin or even altcoins.

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets, utilizing distributed ledger technologies, programmed on the blockchain -https://bex.global
Herdirfauzi

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 04:52:28 PM

according to your question I will answer, I do not believe if people say that this BitcoinGold will have a failure, we look at it later when BitcoinGold launched and experienced a period of approximately 3 months.

Herdirfauzi

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:12:24 PM

i am the one that not agree that bitcoin gold will be fail. i believe that BTG will be like bitcoin cash. BTG is born from bitcoin which is the king of crypto, so from that reason i believe in that.
how do you say that I also do not agree with the opinion of people who say that BitcoinGold will fail, we must see the period of BitcoinCash, some people voiced its failure but see now, the price goes up.

BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 05:14:39 PM

well mostly people make a guess without any bases. sometimes they say it just because BTG is not advertising enough, sometimes it is because it has a premine, and sometimes it is because they were planning on running an ICO but changed their minds.

in the end, the question really is what do you call a "failure"?
something that has bugs and people lose money because of it? then ETH is the biggest one since people lost millions in it!
something that has a low price, or declining price? then all the altcoins that ever got pump and dumped are failures.

BTG will happen, and i think it can even gain some popularity and even get pumped. but i don't expect anything big out of it.

--looking for signature--
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:27:44 PM

If it will be like bitcoin cash thend I don't think bitcoin gold is going to be a failure. Bitcoin cash has performed very well if you look at the way many traders has speculated it to be. Many has said bitcoin cash is going to die before the end of August but uptill now its market capitalization is still above  $5b, according to the data from https://coinmarketcap.com. Bitcoin gold may be different a little because of the  ideas behind both of them. We all know that bitcoin core has out perform all of them and will ever remain the face of cryptocurrencies because of the ideas of satoshi and the structure it has developed so far.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:34:29 PM

I really doubt whether Bitcoin Gold (BTG) can be as successful as Bitcoin Cash (BCH). I still remember that there was a lot of euphoria in the air, when Bitcoin Cash got listed for the first time. A lot of major players and exchanges were supporting the currency. The situation is different this time for Bitcoin Gold. There is not a lot of excitement around.
twthmoses

Activity: 301
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:36:23 PM

BCC or Bitcoin Cash never becomes a failure for me, because there a lot of Bitcoin users who likes and trust it. About Bitcoin Gold (BTG), lets just observe what will happen to it. If there are bitcoin users who used this, then I think this will never be a failure.

I'm with you on that one. I will observe, cause i don't know were to stand. I am just going about like normal, trading a little coin here and there. Good coin (what i think is good) can be had for a nice price these days. So that i one good think in this Smiley
croTek4

Activity: 392

the Cat-a-clysm.

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:43:01 PM

It should be somewhere in-between failure and success, Bitcoin Gold value will be more or less equal to the percentage of BTC holders that will not sell everything once it's released. In other words: almost nothing.

Even though it might fail in that regard, it's always a good opportunity to get some free money, there will be an oversell of Bitcoin Gold, surely. When prices will drop, there will be a lot of panic sell, and no matter where the price settles, some people are going to buy at a really low price and make a huge profit. Think about that 100+% we saw on Bitcoin Cash, like, a week after the release.

Free money, yaaas Cheesy

Catether is an open source mineable ERC20 Token, powered by Cates.
a7594li

Activity: 711
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 06:09:43 PM

all btc fork coins will not be success of main btc. only miners and big corporations want to make a different bitcoin. the community of btc do not want x2 so btc will remain the main coin!

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀████████▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ██████████   ▀▀██▄
▄██▀     ████████████     ▀██▄
██▀      ██████████████      ▀██
██▀      ████████████████      ▀██
██▀      ██████████████████      ▀██
▄██      █████████  █████████      ██▄
██      █████████    █████████      ██
██     █████████      █████████     ██
██    █████████        █████████    ██
██   █████████          █████████   ██
▀██ ██████████████████████████████ ██▀
████████████████████████ ███████████
██████████████████████   █████████
████████████████████     ███████
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  .A.P.H.E.L.I.O.N.  [    ] 
▄████████████████████████▄
████████████▀     ████████
███████████       ████████
███████████    ███████████
████████          ████████
████████          ████████
▀████████████████████████▀

██████████████████████████
████▀  ▀██████████████████
████▄  ▄██████████████████
████    ██    █▀    ▀█████
████    ██     ▄▄     ████
████    ██    ████    ████

███████████████▀▀▀▀███████
████ ▀███████▀      ▀▀▀███
████    ▀▀██▀        ▄████
████▄               ██████
█████▄             ███████
██████▄           ████████
███▀██▀▀        ▄█████████
████▄▄       ▄▄███████████

██████████████████▀▀   ███
██████████████▀▀  ▄█▀ ▄███
██████████▀▀    ▄█▀   ████
██████▀▀      ▄█▀    ▄████
██▀▀        ▄█▀      █████
████▄▄    ▄█▀       ▄█████
████████▄█▀         ██████
██████████   ▄     ▄██████
██████████ ▄████▄▄ ███████
  ▶  Whitepaper
▶  Website
▶  Register
SimilarCoin

Activity: 37

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 06:13:07 PM

Bitcoin Gold is not BitCoin.

BTC is different.

I do not know why people thinks that BitCoin Gold will become equals to BitCoin.
Yadamosan

Activity: 193
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 06:14:41 PM

i don't think so. bitcoin cash is a disaster. it really doesn't do anything or contribute to the world anything new or needed. it is not even being used anymore. if you look at the previous weeks blocks it seems almost as a dead coin! and it is heavily centralized to miners and Ver.

bitcoin gold on the other hand is much better, it seems decentralized and it is actually doing something (making bitcoin GPU mineable). it will never be anywhere as good as bitcoin itself but it will be a lot better than the useless bitcoin cash.
so to my understanding bitcoin gold can be mined now using gpu miners unlike bitcoin which have its separately special device, if that happen maybe
those who are mining alts will contribute and possible that there's some good future ahead for btc gold, maybe I need to read more about this matter.
simrac

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 06:18:05 PM

all btc fork coins will not be success of main btc. only miners and big corporations want to make a different bitcoin. the community of btc do not want x2 so btc will remain the main coin!

I agree,  absolutely.  Bitcoin is main coin ,btc is currency of exchange , every exchange used btc is main currency.

Bitcoin gold or bitcoin cash is fork and never can replace bitcoin, in the crytocurrenty first technology is best
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: