Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:35:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Gold will be another Bitcoin Cash?  (Read 4959 times)
indrakusumaindra

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 02:00:58 PM

Many people tells BTG will become another failure. What is the base in this? Can this be true?

Was bitcoin unlimited a failure?Yes, it was.
Was bitcoin cash a failure?I think it was.All the forked altcoins called "bitcoin ....." (you can put any word you like) will be a failure,because bitcoin  users aren`t that stupid and will always support the real bitcoin core.

yes i agree it would be great just for awhile. people not going stay with this kind of fork. Real bitcoin always be the best and we know wich the pioneer coin and not the fork coin from it. so i believe it will die as time goes by

Antivoid

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 02:01:18 PM

i think it will never be, bitcoin gold cant suffer the same situation as bitcoin cash, for few miner will support btg and it will go die soon, those who plan to gain profits from this fork may suffer a great loss
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 02:17:26 PM

Many people tells BTG will become another failure. What is the base in this? Can this be true?

It will be unfair to say BCH is a failure at this time because the end is not yet here for it. Its true that it had suffered some downturn and even currently but beyond that, its also a coin that is prone to up and downs rampant in the crypto industry. For me, I wont say its a failure yet until a lot of exchange sites that provides support or currently providing support, stops and start delisting the coin. For BCG, no one knows for sure if its even going to come around but at the same time its an alt.
SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 02:33:22 PM

there isnt so much hype about bitcoin gold as it was with bitcoin cash, if another airdrop will be the case then we should expect demand for bitcoin if BTG will be distributed as an airdrop otherwise its future remains as a speculation
elson

Activity: 180

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 02:36:34 PM

btg just btc a branch i think there is no real need for existence, and many people just saw it btc bifurcated away from hype it
noodle_dam

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 02:40:09 PM

Bitcoin cash or bitcoin gold, they are always doomed to fail in front of  bitcoin. They cannot be an alternative to bitcoin. This is the actual fail of them.
Bitcoin is only one. All these forks come from the need of a part of the community to transform Satoshi's initial coin to fit their own views better. It doesn't mean they can take over.

dua98222

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 02:50:05 PM

Will be worse I say, doesn't have so much community around it and lacks the support I saw bcash had.
pigheadbig

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 02:55:00 PM

i think it will never be, bitcoin gold cant suffer the same situation as bitcoin cash, for few miner will support btg and it will go die soon, those who plan to gain profits from this fork may suffer a great loss

I agree with you, the btg is not like the bcc, which is supported by the btc miners, and without enough the altcoin will be die soon.
jshark

Activity: 40

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 02:55:22 PM

I feel like the majority of people hyping it up are just trying to up the value for the first few days to get some free cash from the fork.
romec1701

Activity: 157

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 02:57:29 PM

Given that BCC is trading at over $300 I dont think it failed it has support, miners and users. I have no idea what the situation will be with BCG. It all depends on support from miners and community. If its there it will survive as a currency (unlikely to challenge the original BTC as the gold-standard for crypto-currency)

If it has no support it will end up being a bag of dust.

freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 10:11:18 PM

Bitcoin gold will be another Bitcoin cash? I know right? when someone has nothing to say, they'll repeat whatever is written in the title and  will add

A few words to pass the post count up. Bitcoin gold will have less bugs and will kill Bitcoin when it forks? they must launch a brand new blockchain if

They really think their code is better than Bitcoin. oh wait mate don't hate just yet because it will fail and it will fade away. so many forks, all are better

Have you ever seen a salesman to tell you how bad their product really is?
rgm108

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 11:23:31 PM

I think Bitcoin Gold will be worse off than bitcoin cash in the long run, mainly because segwit2x will have a bigger ripple effect on BTC.

Gold doesn't really have anyones focus currently.

SPECTRE                ▄▄███▄▄
            ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
▄▄      ▄▄███▀▀ ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀███▄▄      ▄▄
████▄▄  ▀▀▀ ▄▄███████████▄▄ ▀▀▀  ▄▄████
  ▀▀████▄    ▀▀█████████▀▀    ▄████▀▀
 ██▄▄ ▀██ █▄▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█ ██▀ ▄▄██
 ▀▀███ ██ █████▄       ▄█████ ██ ███▀▀
     ██ ███████▄   ▄███████ ██
       ██ ████████   ████████ ██
       ██▄▄ ▀▀████   ████▀▀ ▄▄██
        ▀▀███▄▄ ▀▀   ▀▀ ▄▄███▀▀
            ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
                ▀▀███▀▀
            │
     │      ███
     │      ███
    │    ███
███  │    ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███     │
███ ███     │
    │

▬▬     WHITEPAPER    ▬▬
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
TWITTER     SLACK     MEDIUM
PRE-SALE.
PUBLIC SALE.
jlanzago

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

Cryptomooniac - to the moon and beyond...

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 12:14:52 AM

I also don't believe in Bitcoin Gold, because poor community support. I think it will mostly fail.
Sir Cross

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:52:44 AM

For me unlike Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Gold does not make a claim to be the real Bitcoin. Instead, Bitcoin Gold project hopes it can prove a valuable exercise for Bitcoin, a sort of test case for a hard fork that Bitcoin itself may one day require. And their main goal is to build a perpetually ASIC-resistant version of Bitcoin. I like the idea but I don't know if this project will failed or successful since Bitcoin Gold still does not exist and we still don't know if big communities will support and invest in this cryptocurrency.

In this kind of speculation about the Bitcoin Gold, for me this is no difference with the altcoin before like Bitcoin Unlimited(BU), Bitcoin cash(BCH) and another altcoin appeared which is Bitcoin Gold(BTG). But for sure most of the community here right now got panic again in this things, where majority of them Sell their altcoin at once  before the upcoming Fork. Well, lets wait and see what will happen in this day, due to its hard to justify a things which is not happening yet.

It's quite possible. It's hard to tell what the future holds for bitcoin gold but a lot have been predicting it to be a failure. Some bitcoin holders are happy to get 'free cash' while others are scared of losing their coins during the fork. I'm betting that a lot will sell it the moment they retrieve it, just as with bitcoin cash. We can't say if bitcoin gold will have the same fate as bitcoin cash but will depend on the support of the bitcoin users and community.

kenkoy

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:17:02 AM

Are there enough marketing boost for Bitcoin Gold? BTG... It is nearing November fork but there are no details release yet for Bitcoin Gold. I think if Bitcoin Gold will be an upgrade for Bitcoin then i think it will be a success. However, Bitcoin cash is not that failure from recent fork. There are still a lot of users who are investing on it. Though, Bitcoin is still the best crypto.

DRAFTCOINS ║║█ CRYPTO PORTFOLIO COMPETITIONS █║║ ANN THREAD
1) Create an account   2) Draft your crypto portfolio   3) Win prizes
[Twitter]▬[Facebook]▬▬▬
FuzzyQuant

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:27:53 AM

It depends how you define "failure". Will it beat legacy bitcoin? Most likely not...

But will it have some users, miners, etc.? Yes. Their proposal to use equihash as an algorithm will give them some ASIC-resistance for a while, which could mean a small rush back from some CPU & GPU miners.

The question is for how long will this drive last? No one knows, but if the question is 'will it take over the legacy chain', I wouldn't put my hopes in that.
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:52:49 AM

If you are going to compare the price to bitcoin of course it will be a failure but remember how many years before bitcoin took off i think it will be unfair to compare it to a very established coin. It is very early to predict of course we all know that this is a clone of bitcoin but also it needs to have a loyal coin holder to hold or increase its price and for that i'm sure it will take a while.

People are  telling 7 years ago that bitcoin will fail and will not be valuable. Look at bitcoin now, so do not dismiss the possibility it could be the next big thing we just do not know it yet.
gidaahmad

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 03:04:56 AM

Bitcoin Gold will be of great interest to some, including me who has been looking forward to Bitcoingold. Because Bitcoingold is not a file and is something that will shine by the end of this year.
7xminer

Activity: 30

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 03:15:43 AM

I don't think so. Because Bitcoin gold has a new point of view, it will let GPU miners to mine Bitcoin gold. Bitcoin cash was an attempt to create value to a coin from an old blockchain. So I don't think it will be another bitcoin cash.
thilinanamal (OP)

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 05:37:05 PM

many people in this thread also mentioned that BTG will be another BCC
But honestly I believe this time it will be a good change with the blockchain because this hard fork seems to be a stable one than BCC
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: