Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:51:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Peercoin Logo Design Contest Fundraising (Completed!)  (Read 4649 times)
learnmore

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 04:50:01 AM

Yes, this is my personal favorite of the ones proposed so far (now my avatar).  In my opinion, the "leaf" imagery may be too gimmicky and not withstand the test of time.  I donated to the design project and I'm satisfied with setting the goal lower at this time.  I think it's really important to establish/standardize the "P" symbol as well.  I like the 2 superimposed "P's" with the crossbar as in the above image as well.

Can anyone confirm that "Peer to Peer" is the original intention of "PP" or does it have some other significance to Sunny King?  If there is more of a backstory, perhaps it should be taken into consideration in the future design.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sentinelrv (OP)

Activity: 648
Merit: 318

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 12:51:37 AM

I like the design with the leaf too, but we should not limit the options to it. Perhaps it's too "elaborated" for a simple coin symbol.

In my opinion, the "leaf" imagery may be too gimmicky and not withstand the test of time.

I think you guys may be onto something. This is something I was thinking also, but never really mentioned it until now. Right now incorporating the leaf into the logo makes sense because we're trying to convey its eco-friendliness and energy efficiency compared to Bitcoin, but what about in the future?

What if Peercoin rises to the top in the end? At that point, would there be any reason to still have the leaf in the logo? Bitcoin may be outdated by then and there wouldn't be any more coins that are energy hogs. There wouldn't be a reason at that point to convey that it's eco-friendly, because that might be the norm. The logo wouldn't stand the test of time.

Removing the leaf would put the primary focus on the PP symbol and any messaging that could become outdated with time would be gone. Bitcoin and Litecoin followed this model. There's nothing in the designs that I can see of that could become outdated. The coin logos mainly focus on the B or L symbol without any other messaging that could lose its meaning over time. Maybe we should follow their lead.
Sentinelrv (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 09:09:03 PM

Today I've been going around Facebook and ppcoin youtube videos and posting about this. Hopefully that will lead a couple people here.

Also, is there anyone here that can try posting a link to this thread on the ppcoin subreddit? Nothing I do works. My posts just don't show up and the moderators over there won't answer my replies. Can anyone help?
super3
Legendary

Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 07:19:40 PM

Is anyone working on a new website after the logo is finished?

Bitcoin Dev / Storj - Decentralized Cloud Storage. Winner of Texas Bitcoin Conference Hackathon 2014. / Peercoin Web Lead / Primecoin Web Lead / Armory Guide Author / "Am I the only one that trusts Dogecoin more than the Federal Reserve?"
Sentinelrv (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 08:43:01 PM

We don't have anyone in particular yet, but several people have offered their help. I assume it would be much easier for them to design a website if they already have a finished logo to work off of. They would know which colors to incorporate and such.
super3
Legendary

Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 02:53:32 AM

We don't have anyone in particular yet, but several people have offered their help. I assume it would be much easier for them to design a website if they already have a finished logo to work off of. They would know which colors to incorporate and such.
Well when there is a logo let me know how I can help out with the website.

Bitcoin Dev / Storj - Decentralized Cloud Storage. Winner of Texas Bitcoin Conference Hackathon 2014. / Peercoin Web Lead / Primecoin Web Lead / Armory Guide Author / "Am I the only one that trusts Dogecoin more than the Federal Reserve?"
dcl595

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 01:45:12 PM

i like this one in my avatar i jacked from someone.
it's so simple and appealing.

Nice to see my 8bit floating around Smiley
Sentinelrv (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 07:57:45 AM

The donation meter is full. Please help us in the logo design contest planning thread...

http://www.ppcointalk.org/index.php?topic=271.0
NickCoin

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 01:18:43 PM

Lol, you guys should have just hired me, check this out:
http://ecoinomist.com/emunie-icons-emu-logo-branding-text-graphics
and this for Feathercoin:
http://ecoinomist.com/feathercoin-logo-ftc-banner-ads-designs

See who is the winner:
moltenmich

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 01:53:13 PM

99designs is an awful. We really need to work on attracting the designers to the cryptocommunity rather than take advantage of spec crowdsourcing. There has to be a better way to find good designers. 

█ Professional Design & Multimedia █

michpalmer.com
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 04:14:13 PM

Also I can design this logo.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print