Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:13:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why so many bitcoins have been mined.  (Read 356 times)
AmXProX

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:53:15 PM

I am yet to fully understand how the bitcoin or any crypto, works entierly and if someone does not mind helping me clear a few thoughts that cross my mind.
if there's only 21 million bitcoins to be mined by year 2100+ , why is that the majority have already been mined in such a short amount of time, why has it been so "easy" ?
My understanding is that the miners are the ones that keep the blockchain alive. Now, that it will get harder and harder for them to mine, they will be less and less miners in the blockchain.
If they will make income of just the transactions, wouldn't that make up for higher fees? If so, doesn't that go against the whole idea of having small fees, compare to what the current banks offer.
At the end of the day, crypto its a good investment or opportunity for people to make money but when theres no money to be made, then what?
Thanks .

because difficulty level are not that high before, unlike today since less number us left to be mined it will be more hard to mine it.

Betnomi300%█████████████████████   ████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS

████   ████
UP
TO
20%█████████████████████   ████   ██
WEEKLY
CASHBACK

████   ████
100%█████████████████████   ████   ██
RAKEBACK

████   ████
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
Play now!
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Bogdan1612 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 04:52:13 PM

Thanks for your breakdown, it answers my concerns.  You rock!!!
[/quote]

Then people will use it, just like they use any other form of money.  They will have a job that will pay them with bitcoins.  They will use bitcoins to pay for things.  They will invest their bitcoins in businesses or loans.
[/quote]
That is a scary good thing, if it would be to happen it would basically replace all 80 trillion physical money or the total liquefiable currency $1.2 quadrillion(if the numbers given are true)

DrYe5

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:10:45 PM

I am yet to fully understand how the bitcoin or any crypto, works entierly and if someone does not mind helping me clear a few thoughts that cross my mind.
if there's only 21 million bitcoins to be mined by year 2100+ , why is that the majority have already been mined in such a short amount of time, why has it been so "easy" ?
My understanding is that the miners are the ones that keep the blockchain alive. Now, that it will get harder and harder for them to mine, they will be less and less miners in the blockchain.
If they will make income of just the transactions, wouldn't that make up for higher fees? If so, doesn't that go against the whole idea of having small fees, compare to what the current banks offer.
At the end of the day, crypto its a good investment or opportunity for people to make money but when theres no money to be made, then what?
Thanks .

because difficulty level are not that high before, unlike today since less number us left to be mined it will be more hard to mine it.

In my opinion, a large part of it was dug in the simplest way. People felt it was worth it and they certainly did not disappoint. Those who knew the things they earned a lot of money. Unfortunately, there was not much to dig for ...
whitemacna

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:43:38 PM

The world of Bitcoin is in for quite a reality shock in about a year from now.Miners require a block in order to mine for a new block, and therefore a miner who finds block gets a head start on finding the next block. In fact, the miner can start mining under the assumption that their found block is valid without others validating it or even without validating it themselves.
Krispin47

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:03:09 AM

Thanks .
for me world of Bitcoin is in for quite a reality shock in about a year from now. As most people are well aware of, the amount of bitcoins being mined every day is much compared to a few years ago. What is even more intriguing is how the vast majority of BTC has been mined already. In January of 2018, 80% of all 21 million BTC will be mined and brought into circulation. A significant milestone that should not be overlooked by any means. and thats all
cydrix

Activity: 602
Merit: 129

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:37:13 AM

Thanks .
Miners will not decline only the users are the one that declines. Some big people really put up their money in Bitcoin Mining imagine a while factory like warehouse being filled with mining rigs and gear sure mining is hard but if you keep mining and farming for txid in this forum you'll get probable some rewards after sometime but is discourage those who mine with only 5 or 7 gpu's in their mining business mate that's not enough for competing a large number of miners all over the world.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: