Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:08:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling Bitcoin  (Read 3002 times)
spadormie

Activity: 840
Merit: 268

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 01:47:33 AM

I'm a week into this whole bitcoin thing so be easy on me. I wonder why you would ever sell a BTC ... For example: you buy 100 dollars worth of BTC but the price drops drastically. Why would you sell it when its that low? You KNOW it's going to go up again. You could wait a month (for example), the price will be up again. Or am i totally wrong here?
First of, hi and welome to bitcoin and cryptocurrency! Cheesy. You are right, people are selling their bitcoin as of this moment even though everybody knew that it will go up and it will always go up Smiley. Well the main reason for people like me selling bitcoin as of this moment because I am taking profit of my trades. In short, I am a short term trader. I am only trading from a day to week.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
detector

Activity: 484
Merit: 124

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 01:49:58 AM

Some people still not believe that bitcoin will increase so they sell or cut loss
But for me personally, I'm invest on bitcoin every month and I hold it as long as I can. ( Hold until 2020  Grin )
Aba

Activity: 431
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 02:16:58 AM

Usually bitcoin sales at low prices by newcomers in bitcoin, seeing a downward market move then they usually fast fast to sell bitcoin, assuming lower prices and fear bear greater losses. This is where the instinct of each bitcoin trader and the experience of a trader, take part
dificanovi

Activity: 812
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:07:44 AM

I'm a week into this whole bitcoin thing so be easy on me. I wonder why you would ever sell a BTC ... For example: you buy 100 dollars worth of BTC but the price drops drastically. Why would you sell it when its that low? You KNOW it's going to go up again. You could wait a month (for example), the price will be up again. Or am i totally wrong here?

I think it is a very self-defeating act for selling bitcoins at a low price, but if you buy something very important, it's okay. I recommend if you want to sell bitcoin, sell it when the bitcoin price rises.

Sophyy

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:11:16 AM

I won't sell my bitcoin for whatever reason guys... Bitcoin has git so much to do, it's sweet to be an early adopter
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:18:12 AM

people have a lot of different reasons for selling.
for example traders, are always buying and selling at all times and at all prices. if price goes down they sell to be able to buy more bitcoin at the bottom. but they sell fast and they do it at the start of the drop to be able to make profit not at the bottom.
others sell out of panic. usually it is because they are not familiar with the market, and don't know what they are doing. also sometimes it is because they didn't buy $100 worth of bitcoin, they instead bought more than they could afford to lose and panic because of that.

Only Bitcoin
Ariess

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:37:06 AM

I also feel a great worry when the bitcoin value falls. can sometimes do something stupid.

but everyone is different. every decision is always there cause. as well as you, so you can not easily say that. although you know there will be a rebound on bitcoin.
Images21

Activity: 567

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:44:27 AM

Yes, this happens, but not a lot. Here are the probable reasons:

1. The Bitcoin holders are having some weak hands. The emotions are high and they got the better of these people. They are panic selling with a loss. Many of these people are newbies.

2.  They are targeting another altcoins which they think are going to give them a much better chance of gaining. This is some kind of a wise cut loss plan.

3. They may be in bad need of money so they have to sell their bitcoin even with a loss so that they can convert into fiat and use the money.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Passive Coin

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

Passive Coin - low supply coin with backing fund!

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 07:49:10 AM

People relax.
As history says, every next Bitcoin panic ends up at higher level than previous panic.
Even if people sell-off or funds managers get out of Bitcoin, long-term, there are enough of supporters and investors to buy back from weak hands.
Bitcoin is only 21M.
I hold 1 BTC untouched for more than 2 years. Special 1 BTC is seating untouched forever. My mascote.  Grin

◄ Passive Coin Project Website ►
 ◄ Low 500K Supply Coin with Growing & Diversified Backing Fund! ►
●  Passive Coin Bitcointalk Topic  ●  Buy & Sell Passive Coin  ●  Passive Coin Twitter  ●  Passive Coin Facebook  ●
llyfee4u

Activity: 444
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 08:03:26 AM

This usually is the group generally referred to as 'weak hands', 'noobs', 'newbies'.   In my view there are those who come expect miracles when they buy into crypto's and there are those who seek the knowledge to understand the crypto world, buy in and understand how markets work. 
Almat

Activity: 254

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 08:09:12 AM

I also feel a great worry when the bitcoin value falls. can sometimes do something stupid.

but everyone is different. every decision is always there cause. as well as you, so you can not easily say that. although you know there will be a rebound on bitcoin.

The solution is simply not to keep track of the price too often. We all know how volatile Bitcoin is, and every small drop could be stressful if you're holding a lot. I wouldn't even know of the recent ATH had I not logged in here. Just trust the process.
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 08:34:47 AM

If you are good at buy and sell, you will think that you will not sell your bitcoin when you know that bitcoin's price goes low unless it is an emergency and you don't have fiat money and you will sell your bitcoin. Many good investors don't panic when they see the bitcoin's price goes low. They know that in every fall of the price, there is always a time that it will go up again. Most that are selling bitcoins even they will loss some dollars are those newbies. Yes you could wait for a month at least and see observe the price of bitcoin. Bitcoin is volatile so be careful when you are selling.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 08:35:15 AM

You are right. In theory, we sell at a higher price than we buy. When people sell at losses, there are plenty of reasons. It could be panic selling, changing of investment to another coin or the investor need to use fund urgently and cannot wait for BTC price to rise.
nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 08:47:13 AM

The truth is so many people came into the community with belief that bitcoin is going to double their investment within a month without bothering to understand what bitcoin entails and the great value it offers. This is the reason why some panic once they see the value dropping fast and they end up selling even at losses only to realise their mistake later on. Bitcoin is very volatile most especially at this stage and it was even worst in past years, but understanding that it is the future that matters and the value it brings later on, will make any investor less scared and see dips as a chance to even buy more.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 06:26:29 AM

You are right. In theory, we sell at a higher price than we buy. When people sell at losses, there are plenty of reasons. It could be panic selling, changing of investment to another coin or the investor need to use fund urgently and cannot wait for BTC price to rise.

Right. And among these, panic selling is the most unnecessary. We can understand if the person had dire needs and needed to sell against his will but if you sell because you nervous hands, you're going to give yourself something to regret because of your impatience.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..███████████████████████████████
DewiKirana

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 06:31:04 AM

Some people become bitcoin probably because it is in dire need of money, it is not wrong. But if it does not really need to hold back and wait for the bitcoin price to go back up, that's a wise move in my opinion.
jekjekman

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:04:00 AM

You may be right. The truth is that no one know for sure if Bitcoin will keep rising forever. But besides the panic sellers that won't see anything other the "iminent fall", there are those that sell low to buy even lower and increase their profit. If we are in a high and the there is a correction coming soon, you may sell when there is a 5% drop to rebuy after another 10% drop; It's a valid strategy if you know what you are doing.

There may be reason that they are selling it because they need the funds in fiat, but why are you going to sell something if the value just went down knowing that there is a high chance of it going high again.

It's much better if you will just consider that whole amount was lost rather than selling it for a lower price. by doing that you still have a chance of gaining back your investment.
rowingcola

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:05:50 AM

Yes there's nothing wrong with your thinking. If you think bitcoin is going to rise all the way, then why not just hold it all the way? Why bother to take the small profits. Just ride the up and down waves and go for the big money instead
Ekanenf

Activity: 290
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:36:25 AM

We have different choices in life, and the reason why there are people who are selling bitcoin even if they knew that they are not going to have any profits in return is because they are scared to lose even more, so instead of waiting for another PUMP, they've panicked and just sold their bitcoin in a very low price. Lucky you if you are not a panic seller and just holding your bitcoin no matter what is happening on the market.

Mostly this huge price drop that is happening is just a whale, people who are scared will sell, and the whale will be the one who is going to be benefited by this because he is the one who is going to buy all of that bitcoin and going to wait for another PUMP to have big profits out of it.
iamaruf

Activity: 1064
Merit: 265

Vave.com - Crypto Casino

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:49:25 AM

Actually I don't sell in dump.But many trader sell btc in dump.There asre two reasons behind it.They are in profit and they want to sell defore dip then they will rebuy in DIP. Others reasons they are panic seller.They don't know market of btc in future and they don't want to sell more low that's why they sell btc in dump.You are right,if they hold few days price will rise again.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: