Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:12:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Proof of Stake  (Read 1721 times)
Mightyreal (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:01:28 PM

Hi which coins currently offer proof of stake? I've heard NEO and LSK do, but wondered whether any other coins do at the moment and how do I go about it? Is ETH POS available yet?

Thanks in advance
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btct22

Activity: 615
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:29:43 PM

CRAVE and PIVX are my top choices for 100% proof of stake coins, there's many others though.
Swoshinima

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:38:00 PM

DeepOnion does.

The PoS interest is 10% in the first year.

Here you can read through a more detailed version:
https://deeponion.org

If you have any questions about the coin feel free to ask here or to send me a pm.

d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 6146

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:07:52 AM
Last edit: October 18, 2017, 04:23:08 AM by d5000

An interesting Proof of Stake coin that started this month is Ada (See a short description at Steemit, although written in a pretty promotional manner.) from the "Cardano" team with the "Ouroboros" algorithm. It is, however, a bit expensive.

They at least "claim" to have "proven" the security "mathematically" - in other words, they claim they solved the Nothing at Stake problem, which is one of the reasons why PoS coins can be attacked - in theory - with less than 50% of the staking coins. There are, however, also some people in this forum that dispute that claim.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:52:11 AM

I am aware of PIVX and Ada. They are both good and useful coins. I think they both have a great future. They have good teams behind them and real world use cases. When picking a coin to buy that is very important to me. Ada is still new so its a great time to snatch some up before many people are aware of it.lol
subG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:12:26 AM

There are a lot of proof of stake coins.  The two that comes to my mind right away are Stratis (STRAT) and Insane (INSN).  Stratis does require around 20,000 to 25,000 STRAT to stake around 1 STRAT per day.  It's a pretty large investment but will pay off in the long run as the price increases. 
Zeeks

Activity: 180

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:21:16 AM

Too many to name, everyone that's naming coins now is just mentioning what they are holding  Wink
Tipstar

Activity: 1764
Merit: 280

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:26:41 AM

NEO is a different kind of POS than regular coin. You don't have to keep the balance online. Other popular POS coins are Trezarcoin, Signatum and Denarius.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Chanock

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:54:40 AM

There are a lot of proof stake and it's depend on you which coin you will choose. Your mention coin is one of the most proof stake and many user of that coin are gaining high profit.
AshCoins

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:55:54 AM

Nebio is my favorite. Consistently been increasing in price since the ICO and still only 35 million market cap even though they appear to be as far along if not further in development as ADA with 700 million market cap.  10%/year POS
Bitcoin Dragon

Activity: 158

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:56:20 AM

Blackcoin???

That one seems the most viable.
Wicking

Activity: 104
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:03:59 AM

Such coins are really so many, the only question is which one You choose, what is the mission the team closer to You and how much You believe in their success. I chose Spektrum - anonymity, ability to use in countries with limited freedoms. As well as 5% with no minimum limit. And of course I believe the demand for this product!
CoinCollector006

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:08:22 AM

My favorite high interest rate staking coins are Crave, 808, Rain, 1337, Triangles and InflationCoin.

I never received any payments for Fluttercoin or Embercoin so may sell out of them.

This article has a number of thoughtful points regarding staking and the mechanics of doing so. Like they suggest I also use laptops in order to minimize electricity consumption. https://medium.com/@JiuCrypto/thinking-out-loud-about-pos-coins-and-passive-income-in-crypto-101e6735b651

░▓██████████████░
    ░▒██            ▒██▒░         ▓█████▓                               ░█████▒               ███                   
█████▓░     ██████░   ▒▓████      ██░░░▓█▓                             ▒███▒▓███              ███                     
██        █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█▓▒    ██     ▒█▓    ██                             ███   ▒██▒                                 
▓█      ░█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓█░  █▓     ▓█▒   ▒█▓  ░████▓    █████   ░█████▓  ██▓    ██▓  ███████▓   ▓██   ▒█████▓   ███████▓
░█░    ░█▓▒▒░░░░░▒ ░▒██  ░█░     ██    ██░  ██  ▓█▒  ██░ ▒█▓  ▓█▓  ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███▒ ▓███  ███  ▒██▓ ▒██▒  ███▒ ▓███
 ██    ██▒░░░▒▒ ░░▒▒▓█▒  ██     ▒█▓    ██  ██   ▒█▒ ▓█░   █▓  ██   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███   ███
 ▒█░ ░▒█▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ░█▒     ▓█░   ▒█▓  ███████  ███████░ ░█▓   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
  ██ ░██▓▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒░░░█░ ██      ██    ██░ ▒█▓░▒░░  ░█▓░▒░░░  ▓█░  ▒█▒  ██▓    ██▓  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
   ██  █▓██▓▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓█▒ ██      ▒█▓   ░██  ██       ▓█░       ██   ██   ███   ▒██▒  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███  ░███
    ██    ▒▓███████▓  ██       ██▒  ▒██   ██  ░██  ▓█░  ██░ ░██  ▓█▓   ▓██▓▒▒███   ███  ░███  ███  ░██▓░▓██▒  ███  ░███
     ██░       ░    ░██        ██████▓    ▒█████   ░█████░  ▓█████▓     ▒█████▓    ███  ░███  ███   ▒█████▒   ███  ░███
      ▒██          ██▒                                      ██                                                   
        ▒██░     ▓██                                       ▒█▓                                                         
          ▓██░ ▓██░                                        ██░                                                         
            ▒██▓
Tor Integrated & Secured
Gambit1306

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:33:11 AM

Also QTUM, ETHD, and honorable mentions for the delegate system of LSK and RISE
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:49:45 AM

There are a lot of proof of stake coins.  The two that comes to my mind right away are Stratis (STRAT) and Insane (INSN).  Stratis does require around 20,000 to 25,000 STRAT to stake around 1 STRAT per day.  It's a pretty large investment but will pay off in the long run as the price increases. 

I don't think this make any financial sense, the risk to not worth the reward, there are better project to invest in their POS that will give far better reward than Stratis

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
bozo333

Activity: 742
Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:02:58 AM

I don't think this make any financial sense, the risk to not worth the reward, there are better project to invest in their POS that will give far better reward than Stratis

It alternative proof of work. Proof of stake is the attempt provide consensus privation. Become it will create forks. It external resource for proof stake. with probable of mining a block depends on the work. It will compare the amount of bitcoin mining is 1% of bitcoin hold for the proof of stake. It will know hoe to get the profit and you will have the proof for the getting bitcoin profit. 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
crypto-grey

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:05:51 AM

Had no idea ADA was PoS, thanks guys.

I'm also looking for good PoS coins, but they often require an important amount purchased to be interesting/rewarding.
fedmahnkassad

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Twitter: @FedKassad

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:08:57 AM

BlackCoin, VeriCoin, PeerCoin to name a few of the old ones that managed to survive until today. I still believe we are going to see a PoS revival soon so started building positions in these old coins while they are heavily discounted at the moment.
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:15:22 AM

There is so many coins that is proof of stake. Neo is actually not a proof of stake as you are not required to have your wallet open and online all the time to have to do the work. You can just off your computer while your neo is still generating gas for you 24/7. The current more popular proof of stake coins are buzzcoin, gokucoin etc. They generate high returns so it is gaining a lot of notice.
Captain_Planet

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:27:18 AM

There are so may currencies which offer staking. Try new coins because they are low on price and thr is a better chance of having good staking amount, if they survive and become a wealthy currency later on, you will have some good income. This is my strategy and I am doing this.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: