Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:23:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin and generation gap  (Read 1147 times)
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:25:46 AM

Most of the kiddies I know, have nothing to do with Bitcoin and most people that invested are 40+.

What are we considering a kiddy? I mean im 24 and I would agree most people my age have zero idea what bitcoin is, but also most people in their 40s have no idea what it is either. If we take it a step futher I would claim but people my age and in their 40s dont even know what the S&P500 is. The vast majority of people are terrible with investing knowledge.

I'd even go a step further: 40+ people are the ones holding the biggest part of the Bitcoin cake.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FrankNoland
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:26:58 AM

Nowadays the “identity” of bitcoin is known well only amongst people, who are pretty much “into” the computer technologies and crypto-world. Others, especially the elder generation (people from 40’, for example), imagine bitcoin as something mysterious, fake and dangerous, though it is not.  
It’s technological contents are more than real and very helpful for the modern world. So, in terms of this situation, I would highly appreciate your help with coming up with easy and understandable lines for changing people’s thoughts and points of view on bitcoin.  

I personally think that it depends on an individual, I just dont think that there is anything you can do to change the way people perceive bitcoin and you cannot really force them into using it. I further think that its a personal preference. Furthermore, I have seen older generations that uses and have been using bitcoin for years now, hence I am saying its a matter of choice and preference.

However, some older generations are not familiar with the use of computers and I IMO, think that it will be a mission for them to learn about bitcoin and blockchain, and they might not find it as interesting as newer generations.

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets, utilizing distributed ledger technologies, programmed on the blockchain -https://bex.global
Cacaparg

Activity: 835
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:55:23 AM

Agree with the author of original posts, a lot of people from 20 -35 freely join and understand crypto subject,  however elder people think bitcoin something fake.
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:21:38 AM

a lot of people from 20 -35 freely join...
... signature campaigns

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
crustez00

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:29:33 AM

i thought, that's not generation gap. but it more towards to knowledge competence about technology era. if anybody would like to study about it very carefully, then they will understand too what is bitcoin and the system. and one more thing, i think it depends on the person, whether that person is open-minded or close-minded. they should open-minded enough to accept this technology development.  Smiley #CMIIW

A1exander

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:43:41 AM

I do not think it's a generation gap, but mostly attitude towards technology. Although over 40 now, I am (and always was) a technophile. I started to use bitcoin (CPU mining) more than 6 years ago, but only recently joined this forum, as this year things started to get really interesting.
miyaka26

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:49:30 AM

Generation gap is applicable to those people who are close minded to huge changes to their lives specially the technological advancement that they are using, but some elders convinced to step up and adapt the lifestyle change of the tech, however stepping up to the cryto world is another dilemma for them as we know if there is some money or currency involved they are completely closed minded to it for some elders. Surprisingly not all of them disregarded the innovation of monetary over the digital technology, some of them continued not just to adapt computers and other advance technology but adapts the blockchain technology like millennials.

Arrery

Activity: 123
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:02:30 AM

I guess it doesn't depend that much on the age. However it is the problem of popularization of bitcoins among those who are from industry. Maybe it's better to cover such topics more in simple words or pics using media channels popular among masses and people of different ages.
Rajat97

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:07:08 AM

Nowadays the “identity” of bitcoin is known well only amongst people, who are pretty much “into” the computer technologies and crypto-world. Others, especially the elder generation (people from 40’, for example), imagine bitcoin as something mysterious, fake and dangerous, though it is not. 
It’s technological contents are more than real and very helpful for the modern world. So, in terms of this situation, I would highly appreciate your help with coming up with easy and understandable lines for changing people’s thoughts and points of view on bitcoin. 

If you get on poll you will see that the avg age is between 20-40. This generation gap is because the elder people have hot seen such a big revolution in the most needed thing today which is currency. You can explain them who brought up bitcoins how big people are supporting bitcoins. Why the rate increases and how. Tell them how it is the safest way for transaction of money. Basically if the idea of bitcoin is clear anyone will trust in them.
novhitadaloma

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:10:50 AM

Young people are increasingly understanding about bitcoin.
Heyyyrenz

Activity: 308
Merit: 267

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:18:34 AM

If i'm going to explain it to the elderly or to the people who don't understand bitcoin or cryptocurrency i will the to them that the modern generation or the modern era is now moving to the next step for our future and we all know that fiat or the paper money is the only currency that has a value but right now there's a cryptocurrency a currency or money that is on the internet since a lot of people now are using technologies.

Also i will tell to them the advantages and disadvantages of bitcoin, how does it work and where it came from.
GideonGono

Activity: 2016
Merit: 501

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 09:21:09 AM

- snip -
the elder generation (people from 40’, for example), imagine bitcoin as something mysterious, fake and dangerous, though it is not. 
- snip -

Absolute nonsense.

I am over 40 years old, and I have been involved in bitcoin for nearly 6 years now.

My sister is more than 40 years old and she has owned and used bitcoin for more than 4 years now.

I have a co-worker that is more than 40 years old and, prior to working at this company with me, he worked for a company that paid his salary with bitcoin.

My father is more than 60 years old and he has owned and used bitcoin for more than 4 years now.

I don't personally know ANYBODY less than 30 years old that has any bitcoins at all, or that is involved in any way with bitcoin.

I agre that it really is not age associated but rather more like the "perception" of that particular person. I've known a lot of teenagers who are not into with Bitcoin because they are afraid that it might be just a scam or for intelligent people only and there are adults that thinks technology is for milennials only and they can't somehow understand its comolexity. Either way, I have also known both adults and teenagers whk use Bitcoin. It really is a matter of "perception" after all.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
real eyes realize

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:17:58 PM

I think the best way to change their thoughts is that, showing them the price charts and starting to talk about the blockchain technology in basic ways.

And I don't think that the bitcoin is just a currency for the young people. I think there are many elder people all around the world who cares about the bitcoin and its technology.
Almat

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:39:24 PM

It's just kind of a coincidence that the older generations aren't as adept nor as interested in technology as the younger generations. I'd say plenty of 40+'s own Bitcoins, they just talk about it less. These guys have more to invest and are more experienced in that area.
Phoenixpple

Activity: 153
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:43:52 PM

Yes. There are many people who know bitcoin now, but there are not so many people who really apply and understand the chain technology, especially among the elite of 40---50 years old. It's a process, it shouldn't take many years, I think Smiley
nomad1109

Activity: 238

Medichain: The Medical Big-Data Platform

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 03:09:28 PM

I guess what you mean by "understanding bitcoin" can be split into two parts. If you want people in their 40s and 50s to understand the blockchain technology and how it makes decentralization possible, I think it's going to be a bit of a hassle. At least for most of them. There are many tech savvy old people too, which would probably take it nicely.

However, why does everyone need to understand the tech? Do they understand how a bank is run today? Maybe on a very basic level, but most people don't know anything beyond "I put my money there to get interest, and I can get a loan". Because that's all they need. When Bitcoin (and other digital currency) has matured a bit more and become more user friendly, there's no need for everyone to know how it works. They just need to know the pro's and con's and how to use it (which will be made simpler by time).

adiksau0414

Activity: 434

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 03:19:22 PM

The thing is it doesn't necessarily to be a techie to know bitcoin.  Especially to those who are in business and investors.  They tend to find new trend where they can earn more.  And most of that people are in the age of 35 and above. 

fishbonez11

Activity: 322
Merit: 116

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 03:35:33 PM

There is still a possibility for these "elder" generation to believe in bitcoin. We cannot blame them though because it is in their generation where many pyramiding scams and bankrupt investments and insurances came to be. It was them who experienced all those hard laboring but had their money fatten someone else's pocket. These may be the older than 40 years old people. So speaking on how to help them understand and use bitcoin, I guess words and lengthy discussions would get you to little progress. Show them proof, evidence how bitcoin has been real and safe for you. Include it to your regular conversations, let them be there when you do some of your transactions. Let them get the hang of it and how it goes around. Throw short liners of how you are thankful to bitcoin and its convenience maybe? Let them think about it and decide for themselves, or ask them directly if they have changed minds and would now be interested in bitcoin.
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 03:43:12 PM

It is understandable that it might be that the you ger generation is the more inclined to use bitcoin ad the past generations may have qualms about it as it is a new currency and they can only understand paper moneh as they might have trouble analyzing how this can work.

Sskapollo7

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 06:52:57 PM

It Huh is justifiable that our new generation is addictive to computer technology and stuff which leads to be more bended towards Bitcoin. Early years were not that involved when compared
But if we see , we could show up to them by proving them that it is safe and secure website which the world follows/works
Though people from 40' were not tend to this type of situation where at that time some of them could not afford to do it , while now it can be done  Huh Huh

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: